• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Video Games --> Anime

TakenGrace

Champion Sami
I think you have way more creative control in an anime rather than live action. in live action you got to find people who can actually act (which is harder then you think) and also actors whose rep is alright ( wouldn't case JB thats for damn sure) then the visual effects might look choppy and blah blah blah there is alot of things that could go wrong. Personally I want a Zelda anime

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
Personally I want a Zelda anime

Only if the characters communicate through speech bubbles accompanied by a various array of grunts and other sounds, do not want Zelda where the characters actually talk.

Silver Bolt

Undying flames
Sengoku Basara is one of the few I've seen and I liked it. The few episodes I watched, that is.

As for Persona 4 The Animation, well, there's just so much stuff in the game that had to be fit in like 26 episodes. It was way too few if you ask me. But it did a good job overall. Even if it did cut a lot of stuff and change some a bit. That's what I didn't like about it. Changing stuff. Yes, it was small things for the most part, like certain events happening slightly differently, but it bothered me. Still, it wasn't complete garbage. It was just good.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Something tells me they haven't seen the Zelda cartoon.
"Well excuse me, princess."

Yeah, most Nintendo games have never made good story material. The only one I can think of that was solid was Pokemon Adventures which is a comic. The Kid Icarus Uprising OVAs were good though were just short promotional material. The Super Mario Bros. movie though not good was still enjoyable. The Wind Waker gag comics are admittedly quite funny. All other Nintendo cartoon and comic debuts are hit and miss. On topic of Nintendo, I wonder how well an adaption of Star Fox would do...

Last edited:

ParaChomp

be your own guru
I bet the Earthbound fans would go crazy after hearing that one.
Scratch what I said about Star Fox, also don't rage at me, I'm a gameplay person, not a story person and I found Earthbound to be very bland and boring.

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
Dude. The Pokémon Mystery Dungeon games had GREAT stories. The anime adaptations were kinda iffy, though, since they just did short chunks. Super Paper Mario had a good story, too.

Somebody mentioned Ace Attorney earlier. An anime adaptation might be interesting, even if the only things it could really add are animation and voice acting. The problem is, I can't see myself watching it subbed. I thought the English localisation was fantastic, and I really liked the quirky characters that were shaped by the English dialogue. So unless there was a dub, I don't think it would gel with me.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Somebody mentioned Ace Attorney earlier. An anime adaptation might be interesting, even if the only things it could really add are animation and voice acting. The problem is, I can't see myself watching it subbed. I thought the English localisation was fantastic, and I really liked the quirky characters that were shaped by the English dialogue. So unless there was a dub, I don't think it would gel with me.
There are the name changes to take into consideration too...

Let's get 4kids to dub it!

Jokes and impossibility aside, there are the upcoming games to take into consideration, I hope things work out well.

Autis-misc

Abridger
I had no idea this thread was actually being continued. on the topic of whether or not Light Novels counted as Video games turned into anime, If there is a controller stuck to the pages, then it counts.

Dude. The Pokémon Mystery Dungeon games had GREAT stories. The anime adaptations were kinda iffy, though, since they just did short chunks.

I disliked the anime version of Sky, it barely had anything going for it, and the American voice actors weren't any good at all. The ones for the next mystery dungeon games, however, have bad Japanese voice actors, so i cannot wait to see what america will do with it.

Now that I think of it, the Ni No Kuni game coming for the PS3 would have a great Anime adaption even though its already half-anime. Any anime Adaption from a video game would be great if Studio Ghibli Adapted it, but that may not happen.

Last edited:
And no mentions of Professor Layton....? ;__; It already has a movie (and another one in the near future iirc), and the games already hold anime-esque cutscenes. I don't think it could hold up as a long-running anime series though. 12 (give or take) episodes would probably work if it was turned into a short anime series, which is possible.

Flame Mistress

And no mentions of Professor Layton....? ;__; It already has a movie (and another one in the near future iirc), and the games already hold anime-esque cutscenes. I don't think it could hold up as a long-running anime series though. 12 (give or take) episodes would probably work if it was turned into a short anime series, which is possible.

And then there are the puzzles to incorporate into the episodes. Solving puzzles yourself is nice, but watching others solve them is... meh. A Professor Layton anime would be awesome, but practically impossible.

I would totally watch an Ace Attorney adaptation, dub or not.