• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Video Games Can Make You Do Bad Stuff"

i dont beleive that but my mom does. im hoping she'll let me get COD soon

your not missing out on much, its fun for the first few hours but then you start to hate the patern;

Kill
Kill
death
Kill
random grenade death
death with T-bag
kill
5 mile long knife lunge
tomahawked
Kill
CAMPERS (10 deaths)

Game over

Mankanshoku Mako

No because to get Choper Guner you need 11 or 9 kills

List of helicopter related killstreaks in Call of Duty:

COD 4
Helicopter(7)

MW2
Care Package(4)
Sentry Gun(5)
Attack Helicopter(7)
Pavelow(9)
Chopper Gunner(11)

BO
SAM Turret(4)
Care Package(5)
Sentry Gun(6)
Attack Helicopter(7)
Chopper Gunner(9)
Gunship(11)

Note that using hardline decreases the number of kills needed by one, making it possible to recieve the gunship(BO) and chopper gunner(MW2) upon earning 10 kills rather than the regular 11.

Sam2010

Cheers
No they can't because in the end it's the child's fault for trying out the same things in his games, as for the parents it depends on how old their kid is and what game they for example if you buy little 10yr old a rated M game are you really gonna be expecting it to be good for him and his imagination?

legendarypokemonmaster

Of course video games can influence you, just as everything else you surround yourself with does.

No they can't because in the end it's the child's fault for trying out the same things in his games, as for the parents it depends on how old their kid is and what game they for example if you buy little 10yr old a rated M game are you really gonna be expecting it to be good for him and his imagination?

depends what M game your talking about?

Sam2010

Cheers
Grand Theft Auto, Mortal Kombat etc.

Ausgirl

I think that game developers can be blamed cos if they didn't make the game in the first place then kids wouldn't be able to buy them and be influenced by them. Besides once kids are old enough to have a job and make their own money then it's hard for parents to say what the money can or can't be spent on.

theswweet

swweet is awesomme!
I think that game developers can be blamed cos if they didn't make the game in the first place then kids wouldn't be able to buy them and be influenced by them. Besides once kids are old enough to have a job and make their own money then it's hard for parents to say what the money can or can't be spent on.

Logic, or gtfo

The game developers can't "Not" make the game because there is a possibility the game will have psychological consequences in children

My parents limited what games I could play... and its only once I turned 14, and showed I was ready... that they let me buy M-rated games. I hated them for that then, but looking back... I thank them for it.

Its a shame for other kids... I look at some of my friends... and they are idolizing violence, and when I show them things that aren't violent, they say its "wrong".

Geekachu

IMO it tends to be how much a person diverts their interest within a form of programming, and not within them-self and reality. Sometimes you do hear shocking stories of people committing things that are influenced by games or other media, but for me I don't really feel the desire to hijack a car and go out and massacre people after playing on GTA.

Bigdog294

Enter the Darkness
Really i be,ieve it is just a shceme to make other media look better then video games, All the other critics beat on video games saying they are childish, and by the way any rating system is broken, not just video games you can take a kid to a rated R movie as long as they are with a "responible adult". And Geekachu i somewhat agree with you, but those accidents where people do that stuff is far and few between, when it does happen it is blown to epic porption by the News as a way to nitpick at video games

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
The Swweet... Yes a game developer could make games that are less violent/bloody/gory. They add those qualities because it get more players to buy the game. The more violent the more popular the game for the most part.

I don't play CoD, cause I was a USMC Infantry Why would I want to play a game that is a pale comparison to the training I got when I was a trained killer? I don't play the RockStar games because I am a hero at heart and heroes don't shoot cops.

Each parent should know what their child is mature enough to play/watch. My son is not ready for games like dead or alive at age 10, my daughter could probably have handled it, depending on how realistic the graphics were. I won't let my nephews play games in my house that are to mature for them, or more important for my kids. My house My rules. In their house, I ask that they tell my kids that the game is to mature for them, and monitor the game to be sure.

I can't be there 100% but what/when I can control I will. That's my job, I'm a dad!

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
I was in the process of catching Kyurem with my friend at her brothers basketball game and a woman and her son were sitting in front of us. I was talking with my friend whilst using Ultra Balls on Kyurem and the woman in front of us turned to her son and bitterly said," Youre never going to play those games, they'll rot your brain." Also, I said Kyurem was being retarded by not being caught and she told her son to cover his ears.
That's really sad. >< I hate it when parents say things like that and have no idea what they're talking about. There are a lot of games that insprire the imagination immensely, not to mention the ridiculous amounts of math and strategy involved if you want to excel at Pokemon. "Rot the brain" my foot. ¬_¬

~Chibi~;448;

Ðãmon Howe

Stop posting DH.
All I can think of whenever I read this debate is...

...you ever notice how especially on games like COD, you can literally tell how old a player is not by their girly voice but by how many curse words they use in the average sentence?

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
@Damen... it is a contractual obligation (myth) that a Marine swears every other word! If you get the opportunity listen to a squad of Marines talk to each other! It is usually a very F-ing vulgar conversation.

TheWatersGreatGuardian

Legendary Trainer
The Swweet... Yes a game developer could make games that are less violent/bloody/gory. They add those qualities because it get more players to buy the game. The more violent the more popular the game for the most part.

I don't play CoD, cause I was a USMC Infantry Why would I want to play a game that is a pale comparison to the training I got when I was a trained killer? I don't play the RockStar games because I am a hero at heart and heroes don't shoot cops.

Each parent should know what their child is mature enough to play/watch. My son is not ready for games like dead or alive at age 10, my daughter could probably have handled it, depending on how realistic the graphics were. I won't let my nephews play games in my house that are to mature for them, or more important for my kids. My house My rules. In their house, I ask that they tell my kids that the game is to mature for them, and monitor the game to be sure.

I can't be there 100% but what/when I can control I will. That's my job, I'm a dad!

Here here!

Great post

.TraX.

Bad and Nationwide
Can't tell you how many people I know who want to join the Military and at the same time play Call of Duty avidly. I fear our military will soon be populated by kids who want to "pwn noobs".

Oh well, they'll shortly realize there is no respawn point IRL with any luck.

The argument that video games cause violence is a crock though, it takes a lot more than simulated violence to cause a person to be unstable.

Speaking personally, I've been playing The Witcher recently -- IMO that game is way too mature for the average 14 year old, but by 18 a person should be able to handle it - if parents and stores don't abide by the guidelines and classifications then I think there are bigger problems than violent games (though with Witcher it's not so much the violence as a few other things).

Last edited:

Tyrant Tar

eleven and nine people f***ing r-tard
How convenient. In a debate on video games effects on children, a kid rudely lashes out at someone for an utterly petty mistake.

It's important to note that video games are FAR, far more immersive than most media. In movies/TV/music/books/what-have-you you simply witness the action. The game character can't do anything without the player's input, so all the their goals and actions become *your* goals and actions. Mix that with a developing child's mind which view the world far differently that more 'mature' minds (i.e. kids are more self-centered, view everything in black or white ("good and evil," not colors, mind you), care more for immediate gratification, etc.) and you get a very powerful influence.
That's not to say video games make kids into killers, rather we just can't pretend it doesn't affect them and possibly instill bad habits.