• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Video games you regretted playing?

BronzeHeart92

Did you ever buy a game that seemed fun but ended up being one of the worst games you ever played? So bad that you regretted paying for it?

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
I guess my pokemon silver game i got online in 2006 was a let down for me :/ I 'promised' my Typhlosion on my file we'd beat the league together......annnd then the save battery died. Yeah, I was weird about my games back then :/ also can't stomach breaking promises well. I stopped making promises like completely after that, lol.

Also, any bootleg game i've gotten was a let down for me too XD I got two in my life; A Kirby and the Amazing Mirror (which was somehow winable in the end but i had to like keep my handheld on and charging to win it lol) and a Sonic Advanced game which I NEVER won and it didn't like show levels past the sky rift ones. Meh.

EDIT: Ah! Theres MORE! (i'll just post one, for now *yawn*)

My beyblade v force game, when i first got it, i couldn't stand the music in it and wanted to return it XD I ended up keeping it and liking the music after awhile, though o_O;

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Games that disappointed me are Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded because how frustrating the chip system feature was and how easy it was to accidentally install a useless blank chip and be unable to remove it, Pokémon Conquest because the game's AI was way too easy to figure out that I beat it TWICE in two days, and GTA V because I couldn't get past the stupid forced Driving tutorial as that #^+> guy kept pulling me out and making me fail before I could even move the car. I wasted four hours trying to pass that tutorial before getting so frustrated that I went to GameStop to trade it in for store credit. Then there was my Donkey Kong Country Advanced 3 game which didn't even work!

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
Tales of symphonia dawn of a new world because the battle system was not what I was used to, paper mario sticker star because it sucked, summon night twin ages, digimon world 2, paws and claws pet vet, super paper mario, and okamiden.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Saints Row: Gat out of Hell
Waste of $20, only completed it once and never again. I even bought the NG version of Saints Row IV later on that came with Gat out of Hell but I never touched that disc. I've played every Saints Row game COUNTLESS times, but this game I only played once. There is no replay value in it and the plot was just ****ing stupid.

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
Honestly, maybe Kingdom Hearts would make this list for me. The people on kh13 were pretty evil to me :(

EDIT: Not 'maybe'....more like DEFENETLY. The sadness that forum would cause me day by day is nothing short of a horrible 2 years for me :(

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Quest 64. I thought it would be like Zelda

Had no idea where to go after the first town. Don't remember there being a tutorial.

Destiny as well. My friend talked me into it, but i got bored after about 2 hours. If i wanted to try it today, it'd take 4 hours to download. Plus I'd have to download the DLC for the story and whatever.

i think i've bought a game i regret on every console actually.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Another game that I didn't like that seems to be popular is Mario Kart Advanced. It's not a bad game but I'm not into racing games that much and very few seem to interest me. Plus the graphics when played using the 3DS VC Ambassador Program version don't look that good and hard to make out the characters and could have been a little bit smoother. I also didn't like Fire Emblem Sacred Stones that much. The graphics are nice but the FE series aren't really the type of games I enjoy.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
I don't know that I ever regretted playing any video games. Even Star Ocean 3 and Final Fantasy VIII weren't what I would call regret-worthy. They did some really stupid things with their storylines (such as FFVIII's story being all over the place with events that are abruptly brought into the game and then never mentioned again afterward, or Star Ocean 3's last act that was so horrendously bad that it ruined and essentially invalidated everything you did up to that point), but they never made me regret playing them. I still had fun with them.

Actually, there is one game that I did regret playing. Ultima IX. That was the game that officially made me swear off all EA products. I didn't get a chance to play it until years later when I got a collection from my used games store (we're talking right after I bought Red Alert 3, which was the last game I ever bought with EA's logo on it), and when I did I was so infuriated at what they did with the story that I almost quit gaming cold turkey. It was that bad.

Poliwhirl

Overwatch, was fun first few months then Blizzard tried to push it as an esport and the dev team has no idea how to balance anything, but based on whiny players assumptions.

Reason? They don't have an IceFrog.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
I regretted renting out Iron Man 2 for the XBox 360. I regretted the whole half an hour I spent on it before I ejected the disk, drove back to the store, and demanded a full refund, because there was no way I was playing this for another 5 days.

Bubbles18

The Crazy Eevee Lady
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - I was so hyped for that game. I fell in love with XBC & XBCX so when I got 2, I was so damn disappointed. Just ejected the card and never looked at it since. (I'm holding out for the first two to come to switch, and for a sequel to X).

The latest Star Ocean game. God - that was a massive let down for me. I barely progressed through the storyline (not that there really was much) and quit it. I even sold the game. The one thing that pissed me off was I read a review for the game, and they compared it to First Departure. I actually wanted to find that reviewer and thump the life out of them. First Departure is one of my favourite SO game, it was nothing like the last one.

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
Not that I fully regret it but ‘A Way Out’ was pretty underwhelming. Could’ve been due to my buddy hyping it up so much. Eh.

We finished the game but after I was just like ‘wow, glad I didn’t pay actual money for this’.

It’s a bit cliche, and predictable.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Lufia: The Ruins of Lore. I loved the tough bosses and enemies, hated the bugs/glitches that end up making the game unplayable.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Ooooh, tough call. I've bought a lot of bad games, but since I'm a ****ing pack rat I don't get rid of them. MegaMan Battle Network 4 might be it for me -- utterly joyless in its badness, and the localization is just as hastily-cobbled-together-for-a-fast-buck as the main game is. Rule of Rose is also sticking in my craw a little; interesting plot but GOD what a pain to get through.

Saints Row: Gat out of Hell
Waste of $20, only completed it once and never again. I even bought the NG version of Saints Row IV later on that came with Gat out of Hell but I never touched that disc. I've played every Saints Row game COUNTLESS times, but this game I only played once. There is no replay value in it and the plot was just ****ing stupid.
Gat out of Hell also takes out most of the fun side missions from the game and is too short to derive much enjoyment out of. I ground for the achievements and stuff and that took me probably... fifty? times longer than the main story? That's a little over the top.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
MegaMan Battle Network 4 might be it for me -- utterly joyless in its badness, and the localization is just as hastily-cobbled-together-for-a-fast-buck as the main game is..
Damn, I actually like MMBN4. I will agree that the localization is rushed, especially how it tells me that I won when I lost a minigame.

Otherwise, I like the game, but I can see why people didn't like it.