• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Video Games You've Played for 100+ Hours

GrizzlyB

Confused and Dazed
Off the top of my head?

Tales of Phantasia PSX
Tales of Destiny
Tales of Eternia
Tales of the Abyss
Tales of Legendia
Tales of Vesperia
Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology
Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2
Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3
Hyperdimension Neptunia
Ar Tonelico 3 >__>
Super Smash Bros.
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Pokemon Red
Pokemon Silver
Pokemon Emerald
Pokemon Diamond
Pokemon Black
Eternal Sonata
Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana
Atelier Iris 2: The Azoth of Destiny
Atelier Iris 3: Grand Phantasm
Lost Odyssey
Sonic Adventure 2
Dragon Quest IX
Mario Kart 7
Gears of War
Gears of War 2
Gears of War 3
Halo 2
Call of Duty 2
Call of Duty 3

I'm sure there's way more but can't think of them atm.

Jesus, that's a lot of Tales. Much respect. Actually, a crapton of excellent games, by the looks of it.

Final Fantasy VIII only. Don't know why, it wasn't even that good.

what is this

Anyway, my list (which I'm not going to verify, as some people seemingly have) probably looks like:

Final Fantasy VII, VIII, IX, X, and XII
Tales of Symphonia and Legendia
Super Smash Bros. Melee (I would have thought Brawl, too, but iirc, the 100 hours is the only challenge I still haven't finished)
Mana Khemia 1 and 2
Pokemon Sapphire
Dragon Quest VIII
Skies of Arcadia
And possibly Golden Sun: The Lost Age, Kingdom Hearts II, Disgaea 3, and Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door

Probably Pokemon Crystal (used to play all the time when I was kid) had a lot of level 100s xD.
Oh, and I guess some Final Fantasy games. I don't think those count cuz I leave them on when I don't find save points...

You bring up a pertinent point about my list, though; although I'm pretty certain that if I were to check, any of those games would be 100+ hours, I have a nasty habit of leaving them on, elevating my playtimes to ridiculous levels. For instance, I don't think I've spent over 500 hours on Mana Khemia, as my playtime would indicate I have.

Also, the only level 100 Pokemon I've ever had were either daycare-cheated with the Gamecube GBA player to run infinitely up the sandy slopes in generation III, or missingno-rare candied in generation I. I'm still pretty proud that I was able to dedicate enough time to have a team of almost-level 80s in Sapphire, though.

ForeverFlame

Am I the only one who struggles to get to 30 hours, let alone 100? I get bored of games super quickly. I usually stop playing RPGs halfway through unless they keep throwing bones to keep me interested (Final Fantasy, Shin Megami Tensei, and Tales are usually good with bone throwing. Dragon Quest is terrible at it though. I have to torture myself to play through all of the filler).

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Jesus, that's a lot of Tales. Much respect. Actually, a crapton of excellent games, by the looks of it.

Yeah, thanks. I think I play too much Tales(as if that can happen), according to 3DS.
[IMG200]http://i41.*******.com/1i27og.jpg[/IMG200]
It's kind of weird though, I haven't even played a Golden Sun title yet. I gotta fix that.
Dragon Quest is terrible at it though. I have to torture myself to play through all of the filler).
Dragon Quest is also my guilty pleasure, it's basic but I can't stop...

[IMG139]http://i41.*******.com/15hd3if.jpg[/IMG139]

Last edited:

Mewtwo152

Not dead yet.
Pretty much every main series Pokemon game. On Emerald I have like 700 hours I think.

Also, Ocarina of Time took me about 110 hours when I first played it due to me trying to find everything in the game and not knowing what I was doing most of the time. Same with Majora's Mask, took almost 100 hours on my first playthrough, again, because I was playing blind and being a little kid, sucked at following NPC's directions.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
Lets see... pokemon ruby, sapphire, diamond, soul silver, black, and tony hawks american wasteland.

Ampy

Light The Stars
How you guys can possibly play Twilight Princess for over 100 hours when there's very little to do in that game is beyond me.

The only ones I can think of on the top of my head are Melee, Brawl and Pokemon Platinum.

Serebii!

Pokemon Fire Red, Pokemon Pearl, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, possibly Minecraft and almost in Pokemon White and The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
How you guys can possibly play Twilight Princess for over 100 hours when there's very little to do in that game is beyond me.

The only ones I can think of on the top of my head are Melee, Brawl and Pokemon Platinum.

Snowboarding and Fishing is surprisingly addictive. Also the Cave of Ordeals is a great deal of fun in combat, plus the hot Fairy Queen clad in nothing but hair and a skirt lol.

The main quest and side quests take up about 40 hours if you go at a regular pace.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Snowboarding and Fishing is surprisingly addictive. Also the Cave of Ordeals is a great deal of fun in combat, plus the hot Fairy Queen clad in nothing but hair and a skirt lol.

The main quest and side quests take up about 40 hours if you go at a regular pace.

I somehow ended up at 75 hours or so in my first run through the game. No idea how.

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
I somehow ended up at 75 hours or so in my first run through the game. No idea how.

I hit around 72 hours on my first playthough. I explored every bit of Hyrule I could manage while progressing the story. It took me another 50 hours to find all the bugs and poe souls for the sidequests, and getting all the hearts.

Skydra

Most RPG Pokemon games I've owned have been played at least a hundred hours (at most, 500). That's every one between RSE and BW, except Coliseum, which I don't believe I reached a hundred hours on. I've probably spent over a hundred in Minecraft (I don't have a way to measure), and Steam has recorded over 100 hours for TESIV Oblivion, Terraria, and Team Fortress 2.

thunderblade12

I got like 10 hours on Super Mario 3D Land, 10 on Resident Evil Revelations and 10 on Kid Icarus Uprising. The 3DS dies so quickly I don't put too much time into its games. When Pokemon generation 6 comes out that things gonna need to be charged twice a day.

ForgottenPearl

Am I the only one who struggles to get to 30 hours, let alone 100? I get bored of games super quickly. I usually stop playing RPGs halfway through unless they keep throwing bones to keep me interested (Final Fantasy, Shin Megami Tensei, and Tales are usually good with bone throwing. Dragon Quest is terrible at it though. I have to torture myself to play through all of the filler).

Some gamers are like that. I had a friend in high school who'd play a game for maybe 10 hours, sell it, buy something new, repeat. Only great games were exceptions.

Personally, my attitude's that if I buy something, I'm gonna get everything I can for my buck. And I'm pretty choosy with games, so I usually enjoy playing 'em all the way through.

Cornelius

Continent
All Pokemon games, and Skyrim.

I've also probably played a number of the Legend of Zelda games for an overall total of over 100 hours per game.

And Worms World Party. Had such unlimited fun playing that one back in the day

Worms World Party is probably my favorite of the series, probably because I never actually owned Armageddon until I had a computer that refused to run it... But I've definitely played World Party for over a hundred hours, too. Then people started vanishing from my life, sadly.

Most games I've played. Especially the pokemon games I have. Aside from them, I've also played Resident Evil 5, Borderlands, and Prototype. I get addicted to games very easily, apparently ^^

Bleu

Shiny Catcher!
Pokemon Red, Blue, Sapphire, Ruby, Emerald, Fire Red, Pearl, Black
Persona 4
Persona 3
Shining Force 1, 2, CD
Digimon Rumble Arena
Digimon World 1
Digimon World 2003
Worms World Party
Baldurs Gate II
Zoo Tycoon
Roller Coaster Tycoon
Heroes III of Might and Magic
Breath of Fire IV
Skyrim
The Movies
Tomb Raider I (Not the garbage Anniversary edition)
White Knight Chronicles 2