• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Video of a real, live "manaphy!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

scythemantis

Creepy crawly
But really, what were the guys over at gamefreak smoking when they decided to base a pokemon off this... thing...

They didn't need to smoke anything, they were just japanese :p

That thing is actually one of the most loved, most popular sea-animals in Japan, so there HAD to be a pokemon version sooner or later. Despite their death-tentacles they are always considered cute. You can find plush toys of them and everything :)

Actually I've seen pics of that already way back when I heard Manaphy were based off "sea angels".

The resemblance was actually pretty cool.

PokemonHero

I can see the future
Here was my reaction as I watched the video:
-At first: Aw, it's so cute. I can see why Manaphy and Phione are so angelic.
-Then: O.O What the heck just happened? Did it just...? Oh my...

I can definitely see the connection between the clione or "sea angel" and Manaphy/Phoine. Though it is funny to see that two cute Pokemon are based off something so...lethal.

Now if I have nightmares tonight about Manaphy attacking me, I know who to blame.

Korshar

Gotta Catch 'em all!
Here was my reaction as I watched the video:
-At first: Aw, it's so cute. I can see why Manaphy and Phione are so angelic.
-Then: O.O What the heck just happened? Did it just...? Oh my...

This was exactly my reaction too! I find it kind of cool that a pokemon is based on a creature like that.

ewww.....

Hmmyes but the Pokedex says that its "born on a cold seafloor" so that would make it abit more close to these "ice angel"... thats why you had to take the Manaphy egg from Pokemon Ranger to Diamond/Pearl, Sinnoh is a cold place...

I hate using the Wii to type this out.
GAWD!
it kinda looks like a deformed booger........ gross... i am suddenly manaphy and phione-a-phobic sheesh......

The music sure helped it look more creepy. XD

It's kind of cute, though. Before that last bit, I mean. It has a very angelic feeling to it, very pretty.

Freezeydakilla

Hardcore Ice Lover!
Very Interesting to see. But it looks like It could kill you if you touch it!

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Cute! But creepy... I'm scared. Should I release my movie Manaphy?;490;Or my Ranch Phione?;489; I'm scared...

Shaymin~

That's the creepiest goddamn video I've ever seen.

The thing eating the snail wasn't at all weird or creepy to me, but.......the laugh track and the "La, la, la la La la" scared the living hell out of me.

MoonlitMewtwo

A Mewtwo friend. ^^"
I already seen that vid, and knew that's what manaphy and phione were based off of...

But having a thread dedicated to it makes me respect those two as legendaries just that much more. =D It's always the innocent looking ones, idn't it? XD

Littercube

Haywire
They should have incorperrated that viciousness and the tentacles into Manaphy and Phiones design.
Would have made those 2 a whole lot more interesting. Especially if the trait was brought over to the anime or manga.

Gamefreak dissapoints me.

Status
Not open for further replies.