• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Video Tropes vs Women in Video Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Madden

resident policy guy
@kochoupink: Wait... Let me decipher what you just said. If you were a boy, you wouldn't be skeptical of sexism... because you have empathy? That just sounds like you're an ignorant biased to me.

okay how about "if kochoupink was a boy she wouldn't be skeptical of sexism because she's not an MRA with a persecution complex the size of a kickstarter"

BoxedLunch

Why do you keep calling me a MRA just because you disagree with the fact that I dislike Sarkeesian? I'd heard her fans were blind and unwilling to listen to reason, but this is just ridiculous. For the last freaking time, I'm a HUMAN'S rights activist. Why do people like you immediately assume that anyone who has a bad thing to say about a woman or feminist is a sexist? Does that mean a woman who says a bad thing about a man or MRA is sexist? What the hell, double standards?

@PLANES CURE TOWERS: It's much easier to post stupid meme pictures than it is to actually argue, isn't it?

John Madden

resident policy guy
Why do you keep calling me a MRA just because you disagree with the fact that I dislike Sarkeesian?

Maybe it's because you're trotting out the same discredited garbage every second-rate /r/MensRights poster brings up in every god damned debate regarding feminism, up to and including the "hurf durf im a HUMANIST feminism isnt INCLUSIVE enough" spiel?

Maybe it's because half of your stated reasons for disliking her, at this point, are based entirely on hearsay and what you think she's doing with the money people freely (i.e., WITHOUT STIPULATIONS) donated to her?

BoxedLunch

You mean that men and women should be equal, and that words like 'feminist' and 'men's rights activists' imply favor towards only one gender? Well, I suppose saying stuff like that could be considered garbage to anyone who lacks basic logic.

kochoupink

butts lol
An ignorant biased...what?
Someone supply the noun.
The suspense is killing me.

BoxedLunch

Oh, damn, didn't notice that. *Edits* Still, it's fun how you point out the flaws in my grammar but not the hideous ones in PLANES CURE TOWERS's, just because you agree with him and not with me. Great maturity there. And hell, why not just point out grammar mistakes instead of actually arguing my point? That's much easier!

John Madden

resident policy guy
You mean that men and women should be equal, and that words like 'feminist' and 'men's rights activists' imply favor towards only one gender?

When the playing field isn't still tilted toward one gender in an overwhelming majority of situations, when one gender isn't having its reproductive rights shat all over in every single US state that doesn't have a Democratic supermajority (and don't even get me started on the rest of the world), when you aren't espousing this debate's equivalent of communism in terms of relevance to the current situation - then this might be a valid point.

As it stands, it's currently another MRA talking point meant to distract from substantive discussion of the actual issues facing either binary gender in favour of whining about labeling.

And believe me, it's definitely used predominantly by MRAs. As are most of the "points" you've been trying to make for at least the last page.

Last edited:
@PLANES CURE TOWERS: It's much easier to post stupid meme pictures than it is to actually argue, isn't it?

Have you even stopped to consider what you're even saying?

You literally have no idea what feminism is and with every post you make yourself out to be further ignorant than you did the post prior. You consistently post complete tripe that amounts to the equivalent of one of two things;

You are literally someone who cannot comprehend the idea of feminism.
You are a dumbass teenager who took a debate or maybe a philosophy class and now thinks he is hot shit by asking people to debate with him on a Pokemon forum and getting all angsty when they don't comply and ridicule him instead.

You've probably noticed by now than SEVERAL people in this thread are openly mocking you and your absolutely ridiculous opinions because actually engaging in correct discourse with you would be an insult to their intelligence and to the intelligence of anyone with the gumption to read the words they say and moreso, your responses to those words.

So in the case of a person like you, yes, a .gif (it's pronounced "jif") image from the fantastic "In Bruges" is a lot more useful for me to use my time for than actually typing anything meaningful in response beyond that which has literally just been posted.

If you'd like a summary of this post it is as follows;

STOP POSTING.

BoxedLunch

@PLANES CURE TOWERS: Like I said to Ellie, the term 'feminist' implies favoritism towards one gender, which I find wrong. Maybe if I saw feminists getting angry about men being screwed in custody cases and things like that, I'd believe they were for 'equal rights.' And again, the fact that you have to resort to insulting me (not a teenager, BTW) and point out that we're on a Pokemon forum, so nothing serious we say is valid, just shows how crappy you are at arguing. If I'm against someone because I think they have dubious tactics, that makes me sexist. Doesn't matter how much founding I might have. Nope! I'm sexist.

@eBay Huckster: Okay? So you're basically saying that because women face more discrimination than men, it's okay to favor one gender over the other? That just sounds like it's going to create further problems to me. You're acting like men never get treated unfairly or sexistly. And if you're going to bring up abortion, just know that I am 100% in favor of abortion and think that anyone who tells a woman what she should do with her body is a sick, amoral douche. Ireland disgusts me greatly because of its messed up abortion laws.

John Madden

resident policy guy
So you're basically saying that because women face more discrimination than men, it's okay to favor one gender over the other?

Until such a time that the situation is even slightly reversed, then it's okay to support policies that favour the situation becoming more equal, which necessitates favouring one gender over the other.

You're acting like men never get treated unfairly or sexistly

No, I'm acting like men's issues are child's play in comparison, and they are.

kochoupink

butts lol
I actually was planning on coming in here, guns a-blazin', to educate you. But I'm so tired of having the same arguments over and over again with people who do the textual equivalent of putting their hands over their ears and going "LA LA LA LA LA LA." People reacted negatively to you because you came in with the same talking points that other people have done, which means you didn't make them up yourself. They have been debunked. A couple of people in this thread, bless them, even debunked them for you.

I'm sorry that you don't like the word "feminism." It still means what it means. Frankly, I'm not too upset about the words "mankind," "chairman," or "freshman," even though, according to the logic you use in complaining about "feminism," I should be, because they do not include me. But I have grown up in a society which considers my half of the population to be a special interest group, so I guess I'm used to it.

Look, if you want to switch genders with me for awhile, go ahead. I've always wanted to be able to write my name in the snow. You'll probably like the multiple orgasms, but after a few weeks of having men yell things to you about your genitalia in the street (and then get upset when you don't acknowledge them), explain YOUR OWN PAPERS to you, touch you in public transit, denounce your ability to think mathematically, lowball your salary, and then deny that you face any problems, you'll probably get sick of it.
Also, I benefit from being reduced to my looks because I am moderately attractive. I admit that, but I don't like it. YMMV.

kochoupink

butts lol
Kochoupink you're attractive maybe you should check your privilege.

Sorry I'm not sorry.
Also if I were MORE than moderately pretty, it would work against me because I would be taken even less seriously than I am now.

BoxedLunch

@PLANES CURE TOWERS: And you're an immature, vile little snot who can't back up his arguments with actual arguments so instead just resorts to trolling.

@eBay Huckster: Yes, men being unable to report to the authorities when a woman rapes them because they're afraid they'll be accused of 'enjoying it' is child's play. Women being taken at their word over men in domestic violence and sexual assault issues is child's play. Men often being sentenced to more time in jail for the same crimes women commit is child's play. Men not being able to get a fair trial in terms of child custody is child's play. It being socially acceptable to laugh about a man's penis being cut off but not about a woman being raped is child's play. ...Oh, wait. No, those are huge issues. You're just a biased idiot who's determined to be a victim.

@kochoupink: Funny. I didn't see anyone debunk my complaints. All I saw was people getting butthurt and choosing to insult me instead of having rational debates. Stop painting yourself as such a victim. It's not going to get anyone anywhere. Women and men both get issues, and I admit women get more issues than men. Ignore sexist pieces of filth who only care about you for your looks or think you're incapable because you're a woman. Or go to the press about it. But don't think everyone is out to get you, because they're not. Like I've said (about three times now, I think), I've never seen a feminist get angry on behalf of a man's rights being violated. If you can point me to one that does, I'll admit that the word 'feminist' CAN entail equality with some people.

Last edited:

John Madden

resident policy guy
hey yeah i noticed you were completely unable to cite anything there

i also noticed you decided to read that post out of the context of "compared to women's issues, they're child's play" so you could play some more victim cards

no wonder you got infracted

THRILLHO

nothin' at all
any time mon frere

that's french for brother. i don't even know why i know that, i took 4 years of spanish

Status
Not open for further replies.