• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Viewer Opinion - Ultimate Sandstorm Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divine Riolu

Divinity
What is your opinion of the ultimate Sandstorm team? I try to get one, I work long, I work hard, but I can't just get it right. Here's mine so far:

Garchomp (I'm not kicking it until I can find a replacement) :Life Orb
-Fire Fang
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Dragon Claw

Swampert : Item=?
-Stone Edge
-Avalanche
-Earthquake
-Waterfall

Tyranitar : Choice Band
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-?

Hippodown : Item=?
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Thunder Fang/Fire Fang
-Ice Fang

This is all I've got so far. All the spaces that are filled as '?'s, I request help from you guys to help me fill those spaces in. Send in suggestions, I desperately want to make a Sandstorm team!

cloudk

hates you.
It's against the rules to post half comepleted teams since you're essentially asking us to build your team for you.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
Viewer opinion-

you're an idiot

supply a full team, moveset EVs blah blah

Why don't you just chill? Tell him nicely instead of blowing him off with "you're an idiot".

Anyways, onto the team:
Changes in bold below.

What is your opinion of the ultimate Sandstorm team? I try to get one, I work long, I work hard, but I can't just get it right. Here's mine so far:

Garchomp (I'm not kicking it until I can find a replacement) :Life Orb / Yache Berry

-Fire Fang

-Swords Dance

-Earthquake

-Dragon Claw / Outrage
Outrage is an option over Dragon Claw for more KOes and fast ones, too. Make him Jolly with 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP. Yache berry is an option as well to lessen Ice hits.

Swampert : Item=Leftovers

-Stone Edge

-Avalanche

-Earthquake

-Waterfall
Good. EVs should be 252 Atk / 216 HP / 40 Def and make him Relaxed or Impish.

You should really use the MixPert set as it hits better even though his SpA is below his Atk:

Swampert @ Leftovers
Nature:Brave / Quiet
EVs:252 SpA / 196 Atk / 48 HP
Moves:
Surf
Ice Beam
Stealth Rock / Roar
Earthquake

If using SR, put him at lead. SR can help your team out, or Roar to Phaze. The rest is self-explanitory.

Tyranitar : Choice Band

-Stone Edge

-Earthquake

-Crunch

-Pursuit
EVs should be 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP and Adamant or Jolly Nature. Pursuit deals with fleeing Gengar and other threats weak to Dark.

Hippodown : Item=Leftovers

- Slack Off

-Earthquake

-Curse

-Ice Fang
EVs should be 252 HP / 84 Atk / 172 SpD for a good Curse, and Adamant Nature. Curse will increase his mighty Defense and Atttack, thus making all of your moves more powerfull. EVs are put into SpD so he isn't OHKOed by Grass Knot, Surf, or Ice Beam. IceQuake has outstanding type coverage hitting everything but Skarmory and Bronzong for neutral at the least. Slack Off provides him with an excellent form of recovery.

This is all I've got so far. All the spaces that are filled as '?'s, I request help from you guys to help me fill those spaces in. Send in suggestions, I desperately want to make a Sandstorm team!

I await to rate the rest of your team once finished. =)

Frost Nova

The predator awaits.
Why don't you just chill? Tell him nicely instead of blowing him off with "you're an idiot".

pity-the-fool.jpg

I pity the fool who doesn't know what's he's doing.

This applies to both OP and quoted poster.

@OP: Garchomp has been bumped to the uber tier months ago, if you want to use it play ubers like everyone else.

Those Mixpert EVs are awful, since there's no point running SAtk EVs on Swampert if you're not using Hydro Pump. It's only needed to 2KO Weezing and Skarmory.

Curse is a waste of space on Hippo's moveset when it has better things to do.

I believe I've said this the third time tonight, but please familiarise yourselves with the rules before posting next time. This applies to both posters I've mentioned.

Misaki-chi

loves Rutger
yeah everyone p. much said it

p.s garchomp was a waste as a lead, even though it is über now ^_^, and not all sandstorm mons have to be ground... although it helps if you don't have something completely ruined by it on your team

Status
Not open for further replies.