• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Viewtiful Joe

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Since Pikachu78 is doing a thread about Nintendo game and there is one Yoshi thread. I thought we can talk about the underdog of all game.

Viewtiful Joe

So I will start us off do you think that we will ever see Viewtiful Joe 3? (double trouble doesn't count.)

I kinda hope we do but only with the same team who made the first two, but the chance of that happening is really low.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
Well clover is reassembled apparently but it doesn't seem they'll ever get around to VJ3 anytime soon. And this is a capcom title just so you know.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
That what I thought but Viewtiful Joe was featured in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Cross Generation of Heroes so that could mean something. But I doubt it though.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
I would enjoy another Viewtiful Joe, long as it stays side-scroller. Don't see enough of those anymore...but...

That is not a good reason to make a thread.

I know that. I just like having fun.

I do not see Kid Icarus anywhere in this topic.

No this is a Viewtiful Joe thread but you are right about Kid Icarus I mean Viewtiful Joe got what about 4 games and an anime whereas Kid Icarus got nothing.... now I feel bad.

BCVM22

whereas Kid Icarus got nothing.... now I feel bad.

Pit got to strike a pose and jump down a mountainside in formation alongside Mario, Link, Yoshi and Kirby. Viewtiful Joe cries himself to sleep each and every night, knowing he'll never even come close to getting such an opportunity.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
Pit got to strike a pose and jump down a mountainside in formation alongside Mario, Link, Yoshi and Kirby. Viewtiful Joe cries himself to sleep each and every night, knowing he'll never even come close to getting such an opportunity.
Next time Joe Next time you just may make it.
But it's lovely he got into at least TvsC.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
I only played the first one. It was pretty good, but I got stuck at Fire Leo.

Electivirus

Not really, no.
I only played the first one. It was pretty good, but I got stuck at Fire Leo.

Damn you, Fire Leooooooo!!!! He was definitely That One Boss for me. :p His relative in VJ2 was almost as annoying...almost. He would have been if Zoom + Red Hot One Hundred + Slo-mo didn't pwn so much.

Good series, but I lost interest in it after that one fighting game whose name I can't remember was released for the GC.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
Good series, but I lost interest in it after that one fighting game whose name I can't remember was released for the GC.
Red hot rumble which was a filler game like double trouble. Even if double trouble introduced the last challenge for Joe in a way.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
Only game I've ever played in this series was the first, and I just never got too into it.

Igottapoo

In my nightmares
I don't think the series is coming back. I never played it, but it looked interesting.

Maetch

All I ask is that Kamiya finishes the freakin' series already. Just one more game to finish the main trilogy, and then Joe can properly retire.

However, a VJ3 would have to get some serious overhauls. The first game was praised for its uniqueness. The second, however, failed to properly expand on the gameplay, resulting in a near-identical sequel.

Simply put, VJ3 needs to be made, and, more importantly, needs to be made right!

Electivirus

Not really, no.
Red hot rumble which was a filler game like double trouble. Even if double trouble introduced the last challenge for Joe in a way.

I rather liked Double Trouble. It made pretty good use of the stylus, IMO and I loved the Split power.

DarkGengar

Ghost Reaper
I wouldn't count Viewful Joe as the underdog of gaming ( that title belongs to Kid Icarus :p) But I doubt we'll ever see Viewful Joe 3 because the previous two game sold poorly but you shouldn't give up hope maybe Capcom is secretly making the game and going to reveal it at E3 in June this year.

Me myself wouldn't mine a Wii port since I haven't play the first one or second one for that matter.

The music of Viewtiful Joe games is pretty epic, especially Jet Black's or Frost Tiger's, let me start of mentioning that.

I enjoy how VJ breaks down their levels, too, and the games manage to come up with clever platforming ideas that often tip you off to the skill needed for progression, but at least make it onteresting. I always had respect for VJ in those senses.