• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Vileplume or Bellossom?

• Thread starter Twilight Umbreon
  • Start date
T

Twilight Umbreon

I'm having trouble choosing which one of these I'm gonna use for my current team, I don't see much difference between teh two, except for the fact that 'Plume gets STAB Sludge Bomb (Dunno if it's smart to use that on it though) and Aromatherapy, but Bellossom has a better non-Solarbeam grass move

The rest of the party, if it helps, will be this (Granted I don't abuse the Colluseum trade trick)

Blaziken
Gardevoir
Exploud
Crobat
Walrein
Vileplume/Bellossom

aipomkong

prophecy fulfilled
vileplume
- sunny day / swords dance
- solarbeam / sludge bomb
- aromapherapy
- sleep powder

S

ShinobiGhost

0mastar said:
vileplume
- sunny day / swords dance
- solarbeam / sludge bomb
- aromapherapy
- sleep powder

Agreed, the last thing you want in your party is a bellossom, especially when your other option ( Vileplume ) does everything it can do and better.

I would personally go with:

Vileplume
-Swords Dance
-Sludge Bomb
-Aromatherapy
-Sleep Powder

Those are all on the ones that he listed and I think setting up the solarbeam may spell certain death. Sure you have sleep powder, but if it wakes up you're toast, I always like to make sure I can at -least- defend myself, in any situation. You never want to put yourself in the situation where you could be getting drilled for more damage than you want to take, which is why -some- combos don't work 100% of the time on -some- Pokemon. I don't think solarbeam is right for Vileplume, personally. So I suggest the moveset I gave. After all, my opinion on this is arguable though, so really its your decision.

T

TOY MACHINE

if you want a sunny beamer use

Eggzecutor
Modest/Timid

Sunny Day
Solar Beam
Sleep Powder
HP:Fire/Ice/ or Psychic

If you want a physical grass type

Venasaur
Adament

Leech Seed
Swords Dance
Sludge Bomb
EQ

vilplume is a better cleric type bellosom sucks

S

ShinobiGhost

TOY MACHINE said:
if you want a sunny beamer use

Eggzecutor
Modest/Timid

Sunny Day
Solar Beam
Sleep Powder
HP:Fire/Ice/ or Psychic

If you want a physical grass type

Venasaur
Adament

Leech Seed
Swords Dance
Sludge Bomb
EQ

vilplume is a better cleric type bellosom sucks

Eggzecutor = The best sunbeamer in my opinion, follow this mans advice if that's what you're looking for.

Also, Venasaur can be quite the iritating one if you drop a decent move set on it, considering it has a fair amount of staying power on the field

T

Twilight Umbreon

I'm just looking for a nice grass type, that's all. And I currently can't get Venusaur OR Eggy (Not that far in LG right now due to restarting for Venusaur)

I'll stick with Vileplume then, thanks for the help

Oh, and does anyone know a decent Exploud set?

T

TOY MACHINE

the best set for exploud is not using it

use slaking if this is a normal type for s/r/e

snorlax for fr/lg

Exploud is lol, so for your own good, heed TOY MACHINE's advice. If you insist, here's my InGame suggestion, though the best suggestion (Not using it) has already been mentioned.

Exploud @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature (+Atk., -SAtk.)
- Howl
- Brick Break
- Return
- Shadow Ball

EDIT: I had originally suggested Choice Band. Wonder what I was smoking.

Last edited:

Freakshow

Jibaku
Nine Thou said:
Exploud @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature (+Atk., -SAtk.)
- Howl
- Brick Break
- Return
- Shadow Ball

Howl w/ CB is lol. Or if you like Fire Blast over Howl and CB over Lefties.... its up to you

jindahouse

Water Pokemon Master
Exploud

Focus Punch
Howl
Earthquake
Return

Last edited:

Tazzler

Too bad he doesn't learn focus punch.

Komedic Konservationist

N00b in the dungeon!
Bellosom. Since it's pure grass, it dosn't suffer from the annoying 4x weakness to fire and additional 2x weakness to psychic that Vileplume has.
Otherwise, though, there rather on par. The only diffrence between there stats is that their special stats are switched. and thye both have movepools consisting mostly of grass, poison, and normal type moves.

Freakshow

Jibaku
Vileplume is a lot better
-It gets a Swords Dance STAB Sludge Bomb
-Cannot get poisoned
-With the poison he gains a fighting resistance
-Better Special attacker
-Aromatherapy
-Looks less ridiculous to Oddish and Gloom compared to Bellossom, which somewhat breaks the family line
-The RBY original

Also master chuckle, Vileplume isn't 4x weak to fire

Last edited:

Shatoshi

Johto Trainer
I'd use Bellosom for contests and Vileplume for battle buit If you have Emerald then Vileplume...that way you can use The sun stone on Sunkern to get a sunflora...