• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Villains Face-Off (Cooldown 2 Hours)

Status
Not open for further replies.

keepitsimple

site of lies
Villains Face-Off

Currently on 2nd iteration: https://forums.serebii.net/threads/villains-face-off-cooldown-2-hours.666343/page-95#post-18734050

Team Rocket Man (Ash and Jared) 0/20
Cyrus (Pokemon Adventures) 0/20

The Dirty Bubble (Spongebob Squarepants) 0/20
Evil Scyentist (Ash and Jared) 0/20

Gilgamesh (Fate/Zero) 0/20
King Bradley (FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood) 0/20

Colress (Pokemon Adventures) 0/20
Infernaipeotwo (Ash and Jared) 0/20

Man Ray (Spongebob Squarepants) 0/20
Plankton (Spongebob Squarepants) 0/20

Poison Ivy (Batman the Animated Series) 0/20
Medusa (Greek mythology) 0/20

Light Yagami (Death Note) 0/20
Team Rocket Man's Brother (Ash and Jared) 0/20

Schneizel El Britannia (Code Geass Anime) 0/20
Guile Hideout (Pokemon Adventures) 0/20

Genaller
Keepitsimple
xEryChan
Genaller
Akkipeddi
Dragalge

Darth Vader - 1 Gold
Joker - 1 Silver
Light Yagami - 1 Bronze

General Rules of Conduct
  • All SPPF Rules apply. Do I need to say this? I feel like I shouldn't.
  • Keep drama out of this Face-Off
  • No essays. If you want to talk about who your favourite character is, keep it brief or spoiler tag it.
  • You may only ping other members in posts where you’re also contributing to the game.
  • Don't fill the thread with spam. Not including nominations, each person gets two posts maximum in between matchups/eliminations.
  • No revenge voting. I define revenge voting as maliciously voting to spite a specific member or members based on previous face-off results and/or other drama both inside and outside of this thread, rather than voting for which character you would like to see win. If you think somebody is revenge voting, let me know and show me the evidence that the person is doing so. It's just a game, don't take it personally.
  • After you vote, you may not change your vote after someone tallies (or after somebody else votes if were not using tallyists)
Nomination rules
  • You may nominate up to 10 villains from any media. They should be fictional, but I'll make an exception for reality tv
  • For each nomination, please provide the name of the villain and where they originated from (name of the game, novel, tv series, film, comic, culture if the character happens to be from mythology, etc).
  • Specify the continuity as well if needed
  • Don't nominate a villain that was already nominated
The format and cooldown rules for the face-off matches will be given after the nomination period is over (which I’ll decide when I think there are enough entries or when I don’t think anymore entries will be added).

Strike system: When a rule is broken, depending on how serious, you may recieve a strike.

First strike: No ban
Second strike: 7 day ban
Third strike: 14 day ban
Fourth strike: Indefinite ban

Strike 1. Blaze Master X, 345ash-greninja
Strike 2. None
Strike 3. None
Bans. None so far

The format won't always be the same. This means it could be elimination or it could be a tournament.

Also I'll let people make their nominations before I make mine. Limit is 10 and try to keep it diverse and not all from the same franchise if you can, but it's not required

Last edited:

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
1) David (The Last of Us)
2) Tohru Adachi (Persona 4)
3) Ghetsis (Pokémon BW and BW2)
4) Goro Akechi (Persona 5)
5) Rafe Adler (Uncharted 4)
6) Joker (Batman Akrham series)
7) Liquid Ocelot (Metal Gear Solid 4)
8) Dr Wily (Megaman series)
9) M Bison (Street Fighter series)
10) Doc Ock (Spider Man PS4)

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
1. Arvis (Fire Emblem: Geneology of the Holy War)
2. Black Knight (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance)
3. Guzma (Pokemon games)
4. Darth Vader (Star Wars)
5. Venom (Spider Man comics)
6. Shinobu Sensui (Yu-Yu-Hakusho)
7. Calamity Ganon (The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild)
8. Bowser (Super Mario Series)
9. Marx (Kirby Super Star)
10. Berkut (Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia)

I’m far from the biggest Star Wars fan but you cannot have a Villain’s Face-off without this iconic asthma black helmet dude.

Edit: My nominations are in!

Last edited:

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
I know there'll be loads more villains to come, but I have to say it now itself that if the Joker doesn't win, or atleast reach the final rounds, there's something really wrong.

Genaller

Silver Soul
1. Kirei Kotomine (Fate/Zero)
2. Joker (The Dark Knight)
3. Johan Liebert (Monster)
4. Shogo Makishima (Psycho Pass)
5. Fuhrer King Bradley (FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood)
6. Meruem (Hunter x Hunter 2011)
7. Ragyo Kiriyuin (Kill La Kill)
8. Griffith (Berserk)
9. Thanos (Marvel Cinematic Universe)
10. Light Yagami (Death Note)

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
1. Kirei Kotomine (Fate/Zero)
2. Joker (The Dark Knight)
3. Johan Liebert (Monster)
4. Shogo Makishima (Psycho Pass)
5. Fuhrer King Bradley (FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood)
6. Meruem (Hunter x Hunter 2011)
7. Ragyo Kiriyuin (Kill La Kill)
8. Griffith (Berserk)
9. Thanos (Marvel Cinematic Universe)
10. Light Yagami (Death Note)

Nice one choosing Light Yagami. I was thinking about it, but ultimately decided to stick with an all games villain list. However, wouldn't Joker from Dark Knight still count as Joker from the Arkham Series?

Genaller

Silver Soul
Nice one choosing Light Yagami. I was thinking about it, but ultimately decided to stick with an all games villain list. However, wouldn't Joker from Dark Knight still count as Joker from the Arkham Series?
Is it official that the Arkham Series occurs in the same continuity as the Dark Knight Trilogy?

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Is it official that the Arkham Series occurs in the same continuity as the Dark Knight Trilogy?
Lol it doesn't, and I think it doesn't matter since even PGF chose Joker. We have three different iterations of Joker. Just tells you how iconic he is. I'm now expecting someone to nominate Jack Nicholson's Joker from the 1989 film.

keepitsimple

site of lies
Yeah that's something I forgot to mention, make sure you specify which continuity your villain is from too. For example if you nominate Giovanni from Pokemon please specify whether it's the Giovanni from the pokemon games, manga or anime

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Father (FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood)

Envy (FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood)

Selim Bradley/Pride (FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood)

Solf J. Kimblee (FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood)

Tomura Shigaraki (My Hero Academia)

Chizome Akaguro/"Hero Killer" Stain (My Hero Academia)

Myotismon (Digimon Adventure)

Hunter J (Pokemon anime)

I have two more nomination spots left...guess I'd decide after a while what those two will be. :)

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Well, might as well make at least a few

1) The Beast (Over the Garden Wall)

2) Darkseid (Justice League Unlimited)

3) Mojo Jojo (original Powerpuff Girls)

4) HIM (original Powerpuff Girls)

5) Lordgenome (Gurren Lagann)

6) Harley Quinn (90s animated series)

7) Slade (2004 Teen Titans animated)

8) Trigon (2004 Teen Titans animated)

9) Lord Dominator (Wander Over Yonder)

10) Alien (...Alien)

If Joker is on here 3 times, Harley should at least show up once. Honestly tempted to nominate Leto for kicks.

I barely consider the Alien a villain but this is probably the face off it belongs in.

Last edited:

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
1- Gollum (Lord of the rings)
2- Mister Freeze (btas)
3- Magneto (x-men films)
4- Loki (mcu)
5- Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Galaxy)
6- The Cybermen (Doctor Who)
7- The Daleks (Doctor Who)
8- The Penguin (Gotham)
9- Scar (The Lion King)
10- GLaDOS (Portal and Portal 2)

keepitsimple

site of lies
sure dude, you (and everyone else) get 14 more hours and then once those are up i'll close nominations whether you got them in or not

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
sure dude, you (and everyone else) get 14 more hours and then once those are up i'll close nominations whether you got them in or not
I don't really wanna think of more, but 14 hours is plenty of time to look up random villains.

Status
Not open for further replies.