• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Villains Face-Off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faerie

MONS
With the new system I won't have to say this was approved. 8D

Minna genkii~?! Hello and welcome to the one and only Villains Face-off! Because everyone knows the villains need more support. A villain in the Pokemon anime, manga, game or any other Pokemon-related item doesn't have to be in an evil team to be classified as such, so this is for those of you who think the heroes are overrated. And, just to clear this up, in this face-off Harley is not considered a villain. He's a rival, so he won't be eligible for nomination. *hides from rotten tomatoes flung at her*

Also, before we start: Use this thread. Please make an effort to learn or at least look up the English or Japanese names if you don't know any. Most of the time I'll be using just the Japanese names (excluding the face-off posts and vote counts), so it would be to your benefit to use this thread. As a side note, if I am not able to find the Japanese or English name of a character, it would be very helpful if you could tell me.

Here's how the nominations work: In each round, sixteen characters (eight initial face-offs) are nominated based on the category of the round (specific Teams, specific season, game, etc.). When we have enough characters to go to the face-offs, we proceed to go to Part 1 face-offs. When one of the characters reaches ten votes before the other, they win the current face-off and the next two characters begin the voting process. After the first eight face-offs are finished, the remaining eight characters go into four Part 2 face-offs; when those are finished we go to the two Part 3 face-offs. Then there is one Part 4 face-off where the remaining two characters go for first place. The loser of the Part 4 face-off gets a pretty second-place ribbon for making it so far, though.

Vote once per day, per Part. If I'm not present, feel free to keep score for me but don't start another face-off when I'm absent. It messes up everything.

My banning policy, established 11-26-06, is this. You will recieve a ban if you are blantantly bashing a character (e.g. "So-and-so needs to die BAD"), spamming, voting more than once per day and not listening when you are told to stop, and posting solely to bash (this is an ban-worthy offense even if it's mild bashing, like "So-and-so kinda sucks"). If you post more than once while your name is under the ban list, you will be banned permanently, while most regular bans last a month.

[icons from pokesho & randomizing by random.org]

Ban List
no one is banned at the moment

Permanent Ban List
no one is perma-banned at the moment

Round 1
All Villains

Face-Offs
1. Kojirou/James VS Team Rocket/Rocket-dan grunt on Nugget Bridge
2. Sakaki/Giovanni VS Meowth/Nyaasu
3. Jiraudan/Lawrence III VS Maxie/Matsubusa
4. Miror B. VS Courtney/Kagari

Round 2
Rocket-dan/Team Rocket

this round has not begun yet

It's voting tiiime!

Last edited:

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
I nominate Lord Vicious the Mask, aka the Iron Masked Marauder. They don't come much more villianous than him in this series.

Pure

back.
I nominate the anime Giovanni, because he doesn't get seen often as a villain but is fairly good at what he does.

Faerie

MONS
Nominations
1. Vicious/The Iron Masked Marauder
2. Giovanni/Sakaki (anime)
3. Onna Bosu/Madame Boss

Thirteen more to go! *ecstatic that people are finally replying*

Faerie

MONS
Nominations
3. Onna Bosu/Madame Boss
4. James/Kojirou (anime)

Twelve spots left. I wonder if I should nominate soemone...?

Kikas123

What 'bout My Star?
Oooh Oooh! Me Me!
How about that awesome guy from Gold and Silver that talked like Yoda, that you meet on the bridge north of... wait, too vauge
I nominate Butch, cause he's funny, especially when he spazes when people get his name wrong.

Faerie

MONS
Nominations
3. Onna Bosu/Madame Boss
4. James/Kojirou (anime)
5. Kosaburou/Butch

Wow. This thread is more popular than I thought.

~Shadow Espeon~

I did it!!
I nominate Miror B.! Quake in fear mere mortals...

(Though he is going to be crushed...)

matrix_Logic

Nothing of interest.
Hmm...Am I allowed to nominate the Team Rocket Grunt that tries to recruit you after the Nugget Bridge 5?
In Red/Blue/Green/Yellow/Fire Red/Leaf Green?

Can you define the difference between antagonist and villain? In May's contest world, harley comes in that area, just wondering...

*trying to chose between Gideon and Mask of Ice*

I nominate Gideon, the scientist from Five Island who owns the warehouse.

Faerie

MONS
Nominations
3. Onna Bosu/Madame Boss
4. James/Kojirou (anime/game)
5. Kosaburou/Butch
6. Miror B. (game)
7. Rocket-dan/Team Rocket grunt on Nugget Bridge (game)
8. Gideon/? the Rocket Scientist (game)
9. Kagari/Courtney (game/manga)

Yay, we only need nine more nominations! =D

Faerie

MONS
Nominations
3. Onna Bosu/Madame Boss
5. Kosaburou/Butch
6. Miror B. (game)
10. Archie/Aogiri (anime)

Eight more! *excited*

Volteon

Back I guess??
Faerie said:
I wonder if I should nominate someone...?
May I give my opinion? Of course you´ll say yes, so... of course you should! You´re also participating, so why not not nominate?

*Waits the definitive start*

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
The calm and intelligent Nascour.

Shows you who a real villian is.

Also Deathborn, no just kidding. >_<

Faerie

MONS
Nominations
3. Onna Bosu/Madame Boss
5. Kosaburou/Butch
6. Miror B. (game)
10. Archie/Aogiri (anime)
11. Nyaasu/Meowth (anime/game)

Psychic Politoed said:
The calm and intelligent Nascour.

Shows you who a real villian is.

Also Deathborn, no just kidding. >_<
Sorry, but the face-off forum is for Pokemon face-offs only. So non-Pokemon characters can't be nominated.

Status
Not open for further replies.