• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Vindex RPG Q&A Thread

Cameron Oakley

Perky Trainer
JolteonShock

People can, but they rarely do use it just for fun because it does drain a person's strength.

Lol, only one book, but that was several years ago and I don't even really remember what happened. That wasn't what initially sparked this role play though. ^_^

JolteonShock

<<Squishy loves you!
Heh. knew it. I used to read them, but after reading three of them in one day I decided they were too small for me.
This is a pointless question, but are the crytals different colors? For example, a dark Pokemon having a black crystal? Or are they just random colours? Or are they just colorless, like in your sig's picture?

Cameron Oakley

Perky Trainer
JolteonShock

There are a variety: different color gems/crystals, stone, etc. As long as it's something sturdy and not something like a leaf or feather. Probably more so things that could be incorporated into a jewel piece so the person can wear and have it on hand at all times.

InnerFlame

Fire and Ice Combo
Honestly, I was thinking they were crystals of different color but similar sizes that have like little figures of the pokemon inside (Like a pokemon bouncy ball XD). That way, you could figure out what the pokemon is by looking at it.

Jason-Kun

Uh...in my sign-up, I mentioned my character being in Snowpoint City but apparently his team is located in Sunnyshore. Is it okay if in my first post he starts out in Snowpoint and makes his way over to Sunnyshore?

Cameron Oakley

Perky Trainer
InnerFlame

Yeah, that too, but if its like on stone or something, there would be something similar to a carving to let them know what pokemon are inside, but yes the crystals are roughly the same size.

Jason-Kun

I guess. Since no one has posted from the Pearl Squad, I'll change the location.

Jason-Kun

Question: Are regular trainers not part of any originaztion allowed in the Pokémon Centers, since they appear to be bases for the orginazations?

Peter Quill

star-lord
Question:

Is romancce allowed in Vindex? I realise we can't go really far and graphic, but how far can we go? Kissing? Hugging?

Cameron Oakley

Perky Trainer
Jason-kun

Yeah, they're allowed, but it's mostly squads that carry out the missions since they're more organized.

Moogles4ever

Romance is allowed, but no further than kissing I guess. ^_^;;;

Aiko-chan

I also have a quiestion. How fast is the transformation process? Is it like a quick morph or step-by-step one (like werewolves, for example)?

Jason-Kun

I forgot something. When you edited the locations for the squads in Sentinels of Sinnoh, you forgot to change "Diamond Squad will begin in Snowpoint and the other two will begin in Sunyshore." to " Both Daimond and Pearl Squads will begin in Snowpoint and Platnuim will begin in Sunyshore" or something similiar to that. And you mispelt Sunnyshore, two n's not one. You also mispelt Snowpoint in Pearl Squad's briefing. Just letting you know.

When one gets damaged whilst morphed, do they still have the damage done to them after they demorph?

Last edited:

Cameron Oakley

Perky Trainer
Aiko-chan

Upon the first few transformations for a new Vindex, the process could be slow, particularly for ones that are large in size (like Onix, Wailord, etc.). However, after having a Vindex for a long time, transformation is much easier and quicker. So the ones you've had for a very long while and use constantly are the ones that you would be able to transform into in less than a minute.

Jason-kun

I knew I forgot something, lol. Corrected those and Sunyshore is spelt with one 'n'. Thanks a lot for pointing those out. It lets me know that you're reading and paying close attention. ^_^

Depending on the severity of the damage, the injury could stay (such as broken bones, or a very deep gash). Pokémon are able to sustain much more blows than humans.

Gold E Lox1

Elegent Power
i just have to say, nice idea for an RPG. But I do have one question. How do we start already with the mission or getting it?

Cameron Oakley

Perky Trainer
Gold E Lox1

The message was sent at the beginning of the role play and the role play begins with you getting informed/receiving the message. Then afterwards, your leader will let your know when it's time to move out.

Ryuusei

the sakura trainer~
Hm... I'd like to ask a few questions I guess. Since we're on a mission to get back Littleroot and Oldale and not really focused on locating Vindi, is it likely we won't be finding any Vindi at all?

Also, I can just make up random NPCs for my squad right? Cause there's nobody =o.

Cameron Oakley

Perky Trainer
Ryuusei

No one is really finding Vindi this early in the game, except maybe the excavators if their mission clearly states that they are to locate Vindi. Since the excavators that are accompanying you are taking on the position of healers, no Vindi will be found. After the missions are completed, members will be able to acquire new Vindi, but at a very slow rate because I don't want someone saying "oh look, I've found three powerful Vindi in just this one spot." ^_^

Yeah, go ahead and make up NPCs as need be until someone hopefully joins the squad.

Tale

Regarding the current mission for the Red Squad: how far can I go in employing NPCs for the Rockets? Obviously, it appears that Rocket activity is possible in southern Route Five, but do I decide just how intense it is? Or do I leave that up to Charon Jenkins, Zincspider's Rocket Admin character?

Gold E Lox1

Elegent Power
is it possible to cut through the jungle instead of following the route to a certain place(EX: instead of trveling along route 6 and 7 to get to Lavender Town, can I just cut through the unmarked trail?)

Killer_Squirtle

Follow my lead!
Does the power level of the Pokemon influence on how long it takes for the Pokemon to take control?

Skeith

(◕‿‿◕)
I have two very simple questions. Since I have stated in my sign up that Jose mostly acts as the Gold Sqauds medic should I have him tag along with them or does the order to find the electric Vindex outclass this duty? Also since Kat has yet to sign up, shall I have my character assume command of the Sliver Sqaud untill he does? (I'll say that Kats character is away on a investigation, if yes)