• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Vindex

Copygoo

Page of Heart
Okay, sure. I edited it, and added 2 or 3 more lines.

Cameron Oakley

Perky Trainer
Copygoo:

You're in. Welcome to my squad! XD

Cameron Oakley

Perky Trainer
handymankg2:

If it comes to that, probably so, but the sign-ups will stay open during the course of the role play until near the end. Besides, it will probably be another day or so before we actually begin to give people time.

rotrum:

Oh sorry about the skip over, trying to do too many things at once. ^_^; Could you send me a recent role play battle sample through the PM? Try to fix your form though...it still looks rushed. Personality, appearance, and history don't meet the line requirements. Those look good so if the battle sample is just as good you might be accepted.

Cameron Oakley

Perky Trainer
rotrum:

Alrighty. Thank you for taking the time to try! I really do appreciate it. Perhaps another time. Thanks again! ^_^

Skeith

(◕‿‿◕)
Is that the fabled Serebii Seal of Approval? It is; I haven't seen that in a while thats gotta be a good sign :3 Hrrm I like the plot too, can I please reserve a spot on the Silver Squad? Oh and before I go I have a question; if someone has lost themself to a pokemon will/could the time spent as a pokemon have an effect on their personality? (e.g. Being a Delcatty for too long and becoming really fussy or a Houndoor and becoming Feral?)

Cameron Oakley

Perky Trainer
Skeith:

Sure, you're reserved. As for the second question, that's strictly up to you. Yeah it very well could have that affect and that would be very interesting. ^_^

Cameron Oakley

Perky Trainer
Copygoo:

I sure will. I'm planning to send a message to everyone who has joined when the role play starts so no worries. ^_^

Tale

Name: Ormond Duke
Nickname: Duke (and variants (Dukie, Dukester…etc.)
Appearance: Ormond’s square jaw, narrow eyes and hefty stature amalgamate upon first impression to convey a brutish persona. While this front is not worlds away from the truth, his actual identity manifests a more subdued and considered character. However, he does not attempt to denounce a rough appearance – but seemingly augments the look, with a strip of blue-black hair stretching the space between his bottom lip and lower chin, a short, unkempt haircut that is starting to produce side-burns and a jaw-full of stubble. His wizening eyes are a saturated blue, and sit beneath a pair of thick black, well-formed eyebrows.

Ormond also sports an impressively muscular physique, and stands at the top end of five foot, almost six and his dark hair is prominent and thick upon his arms. He often communicates a pensive expression, symptomatic of his frequent deliberation, and he reigns over the faculties of his eyes, always retaining a focus that implies his authoritative and willful disposition, and genuine interest and compassion during the appropriate situations. He is hygienic, although asserts the notion that a few days without washing does no harm, and he is occasionally stained with dirt and bruises originating from his vigorous escapades.

Above a fitting yellow t-shirt, Ormond wears a thick, earthy green fiber vest –which he frequently substitutes with a similarly-coloured, casual but durable open shirt during relevant and less turbulent situations. He completes his attire with densely-pocketed cargo trousers and a pair of resilient black boots. Due to his unfounded aversion to them, he never wears hats, but is fond of neck-wear, preferably durable, considering his current position.

Personality: Underpinning the soft and peaceful demeanor that Ormond expresses is a respectable wisdom that escalates his merit as a leader. He rarely yields to the torrent of pressure under which he recurrently finds himself, and utilizes his sustained concentration in conjunction with his fortitude to engender a constant air of authority, intimidation and dependability when faced with the significant state of affairs. He’ll tackle each dilemma through reason that seldom generates an inconclusive decision, and considers the most peripheral of suggestions with a balanced intrigue.

Ormond greets new faces with a kindly disposition, and will scrutinize their character until his familiarization satisfies him. He holds those who command it in highest regard, no matter their background and intentions. To those who express unfounded, unyielding opinions he proffers little to no respect – standing firmly by the conception that experience is the sole foundation to knowledge and belief. Subsequently, he makes it his life goal to acquire the utmost experience from the world from which he draws all of his knowledge, and to propagate wisdom among his allies and familiars.

Ormond commands the respect that he’s managed to acquire through his modest sagacity, and it is through the employment of similar faculties for swift reasoning and astuteness that his reliability is established. Predictably, he is not violent, but will not hesitate to enforce it through secondary means that do not involve his personal participation - this, he has discovered, is only achieved once his Vindi are utilized.

History: It was in the city of Saffron that Ormond led a richly-educated life. Education was promoted by his parents considerably, to the extent which led Ormond to conceive little in his parents but figures to perpetuate his knowledge. His compassion was instead channeled into his romance – with his first love established at the age of sixteen. Although, through his ingrained passion to continue his education, this had to be severed two years later and left him devastated. His deprivation forced Ormond into a cheerless sense of seclusion from which he drew nothing but scholarly knowledge, spending days on end scrutinizing the archives of university and slogging at assignments to the utmost of his reputable ability. He had but half a year to conclude his trialing life of study before he reached the conclusion to abandon his education, and pursue the listless universe of experience ascertained from the world itself.

However, he did not enter the world the way he had hoped, as the death of the only withstanding figures in his life within a month of one another seemed to subdue the passion he recently discovered. He commenced work soon after the death of his disheartened parents, and developed skills as a fast-ascending businessman, a promoter for a company which encouraged young hopefuls to tackle the world of Pokemon training from an early age. He soon feared for his opportunity to face the world head-on. At twenty, Ormond encountered sudden redundancy once Pokemon were inexplicably vanishing from the wild, and the number of trainers dramatically plummeted. Despite the melancholy of the situation, this was the unanticipated leverage that Ormond longed for.

Instantly, he departed his established life entirely to augment the efforts of those still willing to relinquish the greed of Team Rocket from Kanto. During vastly-disadvantaged skirmishes - in which he was decreasingly willing to play a part and painfully unskilled in his contribution - rumours borne from the neighboring region of Johto about certain crystals containing the essence of those creatures Ormond was certain to be extinct reached the attention of Kanto factions, and soon after, similar discoveries were being made. If anything, this occurrence set in stone for Ormond the conception that his assumptions were rarely substantially-founded.

During a bought on Cinnabar between the vicious creatures under the tyranny of Rocket troops and a sparse group of feeble rebels of which Ormond was part, he bore witness to a bloody massacre rife with needless overkill that ascertained the passivity he still holds today. Assumed dead by the Rockets he was combating just moments before due to the illusion that his head was crushed beneath a loose pile of rocks; his life was miraculously spared and simultaneously changed upon his discovery of a fabled crystal, a Vindex containing a Charmander.

From that moment onwards, his passivity and deliberation outside of battle, in his true form, generated pivotal tactics that proved to this day invaluable to the Protectors of Kanto, while his veracity in battle in the form of Charmander was something spectacular. His role in the acquisition of Fuchsia City - during which his surprising viciousness in battle in the form of Charmander led to his evolution to Charmeleon - was vital to his ascension to the position which he currently assumes as Red Squad Commander.

Alliance: Red Squad, Protectors of Kanto.

Other:

Item Information

Bag/Backpack: Nope, unless a belt counts.
Type: He uses his pockets + belt.
Items: Portable phone, x5 detailed maps and x3 potions.

Pokémon/Vindex Information

Number of Vindi: Three

Species: Charmeleon
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Blaze
Level: 32
Attacks: Smokescreen, Ember, Slash, Fire Fang

Species: Electabuzz
Nature: Hardy
Ability: Static
Level: 30
Attacks: Low Kick, Shockwave, Light Screen, Thunderpunch

Species: Shellder
Nature: Timid
Ability: Shell Armour
Level: 28
Attacks: Supersonic, Protect, Leer, Ice Shard

Thank you for the reservation. I hope everything is ok with the sign up, don't hesitate to let me know if something is amiss - although, I'm pretty sure you wont.

Last edited:

The Black Glove

The Resident BAMF
This looks amazing... may I reserve a spot as the Yellow Squad Leader?

Cameron Oakley

Perky Trainer
Tale:

Muwahaha, you're missing the "other" section. That's all. Yeah, yeah I see you rolling your eyes. You're in. That was just plain awesome! Just put in that minuscule word for the sake of some vague type of unification within the forms.

Thank you for joining and welcome to the role play! ^_^

The Black Glove:

Sure. You're reserved.

Last edited:

Tale

Ok! I slipped it in, sorry about that, I deleted it for my own satisfaction really, to make it look a bit tidier because I couldn't think of anything to put under the heading...

Thanks again, I look forward to starting =).

Aiko-chan

That has to be the longest sign-up I've ever done. By the way, I seriously think, someone should make a fanfic out this RPG. This is gonna be awesome, I'm telling you! =^_^=

1. Name: Mika Andrews

Nickname: Close friends sometimes call her MeeMee

Appearance: First what’s noticeable about Mika is that she is rather tall, about 5'8. Bears slim feminine figure with a light tan. Mika has round face shape, gray eyes with a slight green shade, long eyelashes, thin black eyebrows, aquiline nose and small mouth. Doesn’t like to wear thick make-up. Her usual one consists of white, barely seen eye shadow, a bit of black mascara and lip gloss. Mikas hair is dark-blonde hair is straight and shoulder-length, but she usually wears it in two ponytails, tied with simple olive-colored hair bands. For casual clothes she prefers a short tube top with a military pattern, high-waisted black flare jeans (a little bit frayed in some places), black belt with a silver square buckle and simple olive sneakers. As for accessories, Mika has silver earrings, decorated with little diamonds, black leather choker with her Blaziken Vindex instead of a pendant (looks like long and thin table-cut diamond, which bears a flaming footprint engraving and gives a slight reddish tint) and black sunglasses, which Mika wears on the top of her head. But her most favorite item is black and dark-green leather fingerless gloves. She wears them almost all the time. On rare occasions Mika puts on an elegant black peaked cap, otherwise she keeps it in her backpack.

Personality: Cheerful, optimistic and emotional, Mika can rarely been seen without her trademark grin. She’s a kind and sweet person who always tries to look at the bright side and stay positive. Mika is a great friend, who will never let you down. But despite her friendliness, she’s a bit shy and a simple compliment can make her blush. Still, she has a low self-esteem. In order to prove that wrong for herself, Mika sometimes act too “heroic” and even reckless, especially in some critical situations, which can cause a lot of trouble. Her clothes speak for themselves: she wears them in order to look more “cool”. Another bad trait of Mika is that there’s still some childish side in her character and at certain times she behaves herself like a small child, though hates when people call her a kid. She’s not that impulsive, but still it’s not hard to drive her mad. Sometimes Mika can be too naive and trustful. Also a day-dreamer: it’s a usual scene to find her sitting somewhere, staring on the ceiling, in the window or in the sky, sometimes murmuring quietly to herself. Some people think of Mika as a happy-go-lucky child, who doesn’t want to grow up. But Mika is not all like that. She perfectly understands that now is the time brace herself and get serious, maybe even to take matter in her own hands (though she thinks she has no leader instincts), or else the consequences will be not irreversible.

History: Mika’s live was pretty normal. She was born in Hoenn, in Lilycove city, under the care of her parents. Her father was a worker of Devon Corporation and mother was a Pokemon Coordinator. Naturally, she thought Mika would follow her footsteps. But since childhood Mika has decided on a carrier of a Pokemon trainer. As a present from her parents for her 6th birthday she has got a Pokemon – a cute little Skitty, to be precise – in order to be prepared for her journey when she will turn eleven. Unfortunately, this had never happened. When Mika turned 7, the incident happened. Pokemon had started vanishing, and this caused panic everywhere. Mikas family Pokemon hadn’t avoided this horrible fate. Her parents had lost their trusted partners – and Mika was devastated, mourning over the disappearance of Skitty.

After Team Magma invaded Hoenn, Mika and her family were forced to flee. They had managed to settle down in Slateport City – one of three cities which were able to break free, thanks to the rebel factions. When she turned 17, Mika wanted to join the faction, but, of course, her family was against it, saying thing, like “It’s too dangerous!” or “You are not mature enough!”. These arguments (especially the last one) angered Mika greatly, so one day she just packed her things and left, leaving a note to her parents, where she apologized for everything, but she just couldn’t sit there and do nothing, while the others are fighting.

Mika discovered the power of Vixen while trying to protect herself and her injured partner from Team Magma grunts. They were sent on a spy mission, but were ambushed on route 113, near Fallabor Town. An enraged Mightyena pummeled Mika to the ground. Panicking, Mika grabbed some ash in order to blind the Pokemon and make an escape with her friend, but she didn’t notice that she also grabbed a crystal which was buried under it. Her emotions woke up the Vixen who turned out to be Blaziken – and the transformation occurred. Mika was shocked, at first, but what was left to do? Blaziken easily knocked out grunts Pokemon and they were forced to retreat.

Mika really couldn’t believe, what has happened, but of course, she had to explain all of that to her partner and then to other teammates. But how was she surprised to learn that these crystals had already started appearing everywhere, in all regions and people started to use their power for good. After some time, Mika got used to her power and she was able to control Blaziken normally, although there are still some troubles. And more lately she acquired more Vindi and was invited to join one of the three main squads in Hoenn – the Ruby squad, specialized on offence.

Alliance: Ruby Squad, Defenders of Hoenn

Other: Mika has a habit of biting her nails, when nervous. Likes singing or humming very much. Also has an annoying tendency to talk to herself, when she’s alone.

2. Item Information:

Bag/Backpack: Yes

Type: Just a simple black leather backpack with silver zippers. Not too big, but not too small.

Items: PokeNav, 5 Super Potions, Escape Rope, small Berry Pouch, 3 bottles of Soda Pop, Revive, Vindex Case

3. Pokémon/Vindex Information:

Number of Vindi: 3

Specie: Blaziken
Nature: Hasty
Ability: Blaze
Level: 38
Attacks: Double Kick, Blaze Kick, Bulk Up, Peck

Specie: Vaporeon
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Water Absorb
Level: 30
Attacks: Bite, Quick Attack, Water Gun, Helping Hand

Specie: Staravia
Nature: Rash
Ability: Intimidate
Level: 28
Attacks: Whirlwind, Aerial Ace, Double Team, Wing Attack

Last edited:

Cameron Oakley

Perky Trainer
Aiko-chan:

Change the Flamethrower, Ice Beam and Roost moves (either the Pokémon don't learn them naturally or learned way later in their unevolved forms). Those moves can be learnt gradually during the role play. Staravia definitely doesn't have the Blaze ability lol. Change those things and you'll be in.

I really wouldn't mind turning it into a fic. I wondered if doing so would've been a good idea and asked in the author's cafe thingy, but no responses. ^_^;;

Last edited:

Zincspider

My Bloody
Name: Charon Jenkins

Nickname: “The Ferryman”

Appearance: Charon is a gaunt individual. He is so thin; you can see traces of his jaw structure when he gives his horrible smile. A smile that displays huge, tombstone shaped, grayish teeth. He has short cropped, gray hair that matches his thin grey goatee. His skin is pale, and looks clammy at all times. His thin arms and hands mislead people to think Charon is a helpless individual, they couldn’t be more wrong, he is capable of throwing his pokeballs, and that is all that is important.

When he is out of his rocket uniform, he is wearing a long, grey trench coat, that trails down to his feet, only exposing small views of black business pants, and well kept, black leather shoes. If he opened up his trench coat, you would see his unhealthy slim frame covered with a tight, ragged, black shirt. His Rocket uniform is the norm of tight black pants and shirt, but since his is higher in the ranks, he is allowed to wear a white jacket also.

Personality: Charon is many things. Compassionate is not one of them, but manic about covers it. He considers himself an envoy of death, and if he sees someone about to die, or dying is inevitable for them, he will not hesitate to finish the job with his own methods. He thinks he is the embodiment of the reaper.
He doesn’t like interactions with people much, and doesn’t approve of humor.

His face spreads into a grin when given a mission where he might fulfill his self-given quest. He is unnaturally happy when he starts his own job, and he leaves his victims with this sentence being the last in their mind:

“You are being called. Rejoice, your wait is finished.”
He has tried to keep this self given mission a secret, but word leaked out about it, and he has earned the title, “The Ferryman”. Suspiciously, the rumor leaker was never seen again.

History: Charon grew up in a town that no longer exists. Mauve Town was a bustling little town, which thrived on tourists. Its main attraction was a great, black spire that would attract ghost Pokémon from all over the world. During the night, large crowds of people would gather to watch the extraordinary scene. Young and old alike would awe, every time. When the sun went down, ghost Pokémon danced around the pillar, casting will-o-wisp, and moaning ins a melodic fashion. It got everyone’s attention, and the city enjoyed it the most.

They didn’t even make the thing, it was just there. But, what the pillar was, soon came into horrible realization. One day, when Charon was a normal little kid, running around town, the pillar started cracking. The whole town gathered to see what was happening, wondering what could have don this to a great piece of history. After a couple minutes of silent staring, the pillar burst, unleashing a large amount of maggots. They fell on most of the townspeople, and soon squirmed to death. It had been obvious that the little critters had been breeding in the pillar for years. No thought much of it…other than the greatest single tower in Kanto was gone. Soon though, people started getting sick… really sick.

The little bugs had carried some sort of virus and it had infected the townspeople. The plague was horrible; anyone who had a maggot fall on them was infected. The disease only showed after it was too late, and the only thing that let you know, was a black spot appearing on your hand. After the spot appeared, you had twenty-four hours to live. Charon had to watch the people in Mauve Town slowly die. He was one of the lucky ones, he was too short, and the maggots fell on the people on top of him, and what did get through, didn’t touch him.

He helped burn the bodies of the deceased (seeing it was not known if the virus was contagious), and put those out of their misery of they wished it. This is what made him the way he is today. He believed it was his job to watch over those dying, and let them pass sooner. After the great plague, most of the residents of Mauve Town were dead, and the city was shut down. Charon, and a priest were the only surviving remnants of the town, and the priest was driven mad by the large amount of deaths.

So, Mortimer was left alone, and he traveled to the extremely near town of Lavender. He lived in Pokémon Tower for years, watching people bring their family and Pokémon in for burial. He watched intentfully at the funerals, and realized that these things were supposed to be happy occasions. So shouldn't people be happy they died? They were going someplace better according to the men who were talking. He then decided this must have been his fate all along, the plague had given him a chance to see that, and this tower filled in the rest of the holes. He needed to help people cross the path into death. This thought has tainted him all of his life, and helped him decide to join the Rockets. He wishes to fulfill his self given duty in anyway possible, and this was the perfect place to do it.

Later, he found out that the pillar was more of a cage. He returned to the village many years after to find the library still the way it was. He wandered in and stepped on a moldy floorboard. He foot fell through, and as he pulled him self out, he saw a small book. He reached in and picked up the small tome. He looked inside to see the recordings of a person from over one-hundred years ago. The bugs caused a plague in the area, and he had tried to stop it by getting ghost Pokémon he controlled to catch them, and lock them in the stone pillar, made by his Dugtrio. The ghost would simply pick up the little disease ridden bugs, seeing as they were already dead, and couldn't be infected. The ghost had sung around the pillars for years, chanting as to keep the insects at bay, and from breeding to often, seeing as the noise messed with their minds. The little bugs died an early death, so they always stayed contained. But Mortimer figured that the amount of tourist in the area had made the ghost to scared to sing as often. Soon, the villagers had brought death upon themselves.
After the disappearance of most Pokémon, Charon was disappointed. This left less of his duty, and he didn’t like it that way. His attitude got better as the Vindex were discovered, now he could work again.

Alliance: Team Rocket

Other:Charon will only dispatch those he finds that are about to die, or have no hope of living. He is not mindless, or demented. He is basicly a mercy angel... in his oppinion.

Item Information

Bag/Backpack: Yes
Type: Briefcase
Items: Thick Club, Smoke Ball, White Herb, Scope Lens, Grip Claw, 5 Super Potions, Poison Orb, 4 Full Heals.

Pokémon/Vindex Information

Number of Vindi: none

Specie :Marowak (Nickname: Gravedigger)
Nature: Quiet
Ability: Rock Head
Level: 55
Attacks: Bonemerang
Bone Club
Fling
Bone Rush

Specie: Duskull (Nickname: Requiem)
Nature: Quirky
Ability: Levitate
Level: 33
Attacks: Disable
Confuse Ray
Will-o-whisp
Shadow Sneak

Specie: Haunter (Nickname: Mortamor)
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Levitate
Level: 44
Attacks: Hypnosis
Dream Eater
Shadow Punch
Dark Pulse

Last edited:

Cameron Oakley

Perky Trainer
Zincspider

You really needn't space your stuff out so much. XD Apart from a few misspelled words it looks good. You seem to have quite a bit of rare items, though. I guess I'll let it slide since you're a bad guy. I like the different history, a little extreme, but different. At first I thought you meant Mauville City. Close up some of them gaps please ^_^...and you're in! I'll place you as a Team Rocket admin since TR doesn't really have an admin.

|
|
|

NOTICE: I'll let one more person be a Team Rocket admin if they want!

Cameron Oakley

Perky Trainer
Zincspider

Thanks and you're in. I'll edit you in asap.

Sir Forgets-A-Lot

Sure I'll reserve that spot for you.

Kat

Writer's block X_X
Wow. This is really interesting; you have piqued my interest. Would it be possible for me to reserve the Silver Squad Leader? I can provide an RP sample if need be and should have an SU up soon.

Also, two questions. 1, are our characters allowed to be related to existing characters (canon characters, that is), and 2, since the Vindi are, from what I read in the Plot, the old Pokemon trapped in crystals, would it be possible for one to come across one that happens to be one of their old Pokemon?

Thanks in advance!

-Kat