• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Virawl Art

Virawl

•º°N¡ce Guy°º•
Hey guys. So, my art shop may be closed, but that's not going to stop me from making some art. :D So, I have here some of my previous art works... I haven't drawn much in a while, but eventually, I will! So this is the thread to keep up to date with my art. You can also look up Ciaossu-Kun @ DeviantArt. That's me.

Anyway, here's my current stuff. Making some badges:
>>
Bulb-1.png
Iv2-1.png
Venu-1.png
CharmanderBadgeTest2-1.png
Char3.png
Char2.png
SquirtleBadgeTest2.png
Wartort2.png
09.png

Original Concept by Northern Lights

Here's some older stuff. Not my best, but it'll do for now.
SerperiorBW2.jpg
Ivysaur4.jpg

Entei.jpg

Last edited:

Kaiserin

please wake up...
Are the badges supposed to be devART-icon sized?

...If so, would you happen to have one of Mismagius, by any chance...? /lynched

Seriously though, that aside, I like the three works below the badges. They all seem a little stylized in their own way -- the Servine (Serperior? I can't tell) in black and white is really pretty, simple and bold enough in design to be attractive and eye-catching even without color. Is that digital art, or did you ink it traditionally? I suspect it might be the latter, in which case I might throw in a suggestion that you should try cleaning and sharpening up your lineart in your image editing program of choice, either by fooling around with the levels/curves or tracing over the work with vector lines, and also saving in .PNG format afterwards to stop the artifacts making it look lower-quality than it probably started as.

The Ivysaur looks good too, though it's a bit rougher than the other two. Even if you don't have an artist tablet to ink in the sketch lines with, you could probably use some iteration of Photoshop to ink it with the mouse using the pen tool; either that or make the sketch lines darker and less puffy before you start coloring. I think it also might look good shaded, too.

Entei... actually, I am really liking that Entei. I'll recommend the same thing I said before about fiddling with the levels and cleaning up the scan to make it look more crisp, and saving in .PNG format, but other than that, I think it's pretty nice. It almost seems surreal, since Entei has empty (?) eye sockets, and the smoke cloud coming up from under him make him seem... dead, or ghostly. The colored pencil was done quite well, too, this coming from someone who herself is highly incapable of using traditional mediums. 8|

...Whelp, this is my first comment in this forum since I fell out of SPPf years ago. Hope I did okay.

Virawl

•º°N¡ce Guy°º•
Thank you : )

Yeah, I did all of the older drawings before I knew how to use Digital Art. For some odd reason, my scanner only saves the images as JPEG. I don't know why. Anyway, thanks for the comments and critiques. I really appreciate it!

Kaiserin

please wake up...
Maybe there's a setting you can change to alter the format it saves as, assuming your scanner is not horribly ancient? Even if not, I think an alternate solution would be, with enough touch-up skill, that you could make them look a little crisper in Photoshop or whatever program you use, and then change the format to save as a PNG so it stays that way when you save it.

Just some thoughts. Glad to help, though! \o/

Virawl

•º°N¡ce Guy°º•
Yep. If I feel up to the task or have time, I might do that one day... btw, I use a mixture of GIMP and this free Photo Editing website called Pixlr.com.

Thanks~

EDIT: Blastoise and Venusaur, Charizard.

09.png
Venu-1.png
Char2.png

Last edited: