• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Virginity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foo Fighter

Nostalgia is my pal
And people who can't get married and/or don't want to get married? Should they just die virgins?

No silly! People who want to have sex, but refuse to marry are called *****s!

The more you know!

PokemonHero

I can see the future
This is very much a touchy subject, as is anything that relates to sex. My opinion is that while it is best to wait until marriage, but there is nothing stopping you from doing so before. I feel that if you truly love someone and will commit to them for life and they share the same sentiments, there's nothing stopping you from doing so.

But yeah, Profesco made a good point about it. It's a huge step in life. It's something that cannot be given back to you. You must make sure you're thoroughly committed to your decision.

Profesco

gone gently
Sex has a huge number of other uses than just reproduction. That's just the main one. : /

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Why-Having-Sex-20-Good-Health-Reasons-71825.shtml

^If that shouldn't be posted, remove it, or tell me to remove it, mods. : ) That's a list of 20 things that sex (in some cases hypothetically) does. It burns calories. It promotes health. It relieves stress, and in some cases, can help alleviate depression and negative emotions. For women, it can regulate periods, and can balance hormones for either gender. Things like that.

Nah, that's good and fine. And interesting! ^_^

It's true, much of it, indeed. The part about celibate people being driven to depression by living lives without sex is highly suspect, though. Sex is not necessary to a happy life, of course (though it sure can contribute, can't it? ;D), and if you've never had sex so far, you're not going to be missing anything about it at all.

I'm not sure how much of that article is honest-to-goodness trustworthy, anyway. Taking it with a grain of salt is probably wise.

Another thing. "Semen appears to act as an antidepressant in women." That had me lolling. True or not, a phrase like that casts an air of amused skepticism over the whole thing. Still, I loved reading it. XD

Now, stop being so close-minded about this. You can have your opinions, but you really don't need to get all worked up about this. If people choose to have sex, it's their choice--you have no right to judge them for it.

No right to actually condemn them for it in a practical way. You have every right to judge, technically speaking. In fact, people can't help but judge; it's how we classify and organize our world. Human penchant for order and all that, right? Doesn't make our personal judgements correct, naturally.

But if we can feel fine about judging a murderer, we ought to be able to judge a nymphomaniac, a callgirl, or even the ice cream man who sells his pushpops for a dollar more than he ought to. It's not the thoughts and opinions of others that matter; it's the actions you take toward them.

I think that's what really sets people off around here. When we debate, we are all evaluating and passing judgement for whatever view we have. Too many people interpret that as trying to control someone else or limit their choices. Debating is not about trying to stop your opponent from what they're doing (at least not here it's not); it's about explaining to your opponent why you think what they're doing is wrong.

No one is saying, "I disagree, so you have to stop that." They're only saying, "I disagree." A great many people take opposing viewpoints too far, believing they're being attacked or controlled simply because someone disagrees. Then they get defensive, then the other one gets defensive, then the price of pushpops goes up another fifty cents and everyone goes home upset. @_@

(Grei and Kit Kat, no one is telling you what to do or not to do! *wink wink*) (Well, alright. Maybe Jman and Pokemaster001 are. x_x)

there's such a thing called an abortion... to those who feel like they can stomach it (haha ha *shot*)

Lol, good one. X3

Last edited:

Grei

not the color
If there was overpopulation, the government could pull A China. Only allow 2 children, and kill the rest. Also nuder all the kids of that family in arkansaw thats has 19 kids in it.. I heard there still going, the girl is pregnant.

*neuter

Neutering is a bit extreme, I think. (Especially as that doesn't seem to be the right phrase... you neuter a cat. Or a dog. Not a child. o_O;) That's permanent damage to a child that likely won't have a say in it. I have a big enough problem with circumcision--I'd hate to be "neutered" (castrated? Given a vasectomy? Yeah) as a young child. That's only my opinion (mostly because I hate how I didn't have a choice in the circumcision), but all the same, sterilizing (or whatever) a person seems too extreme to avoid children.

...[/endrant?]

pokemaster001

And you wish this percentage of people won't procreate, right?
procre.....
yes, I don't want them to breed

That's just as funny as 2012. But just out of curiousiy, where'd you get that information?
made it up on the spot (I figured the opening the tab would make it seem more terrorist or religion obsessist)
I tried to avoid numbers that would clash, like 2 years and 2 months
Grei said:
You act like the condom is some evil creation or something. The condom is incredibly useful for keeping the human population from becoming overcrowded.
here's a suggestion
DON'T HAVE SEX!!
it's that simple!!!

PokemonHero

I can see the future
here's a suggestion
DON'T HAVE SEX!!
it's that simple!!!

Dude, so long as hookers are standing out on the street corners and making money, people aren't going to stop having sex.

But to be serious, sex is one of the primary interactions between other animals. However, humans have an advantage over most of our animal berthren in that we search for someone who actually cares for them, rather than finding someone when the "mood is right." Although there are some who cannot seem to avoid that primal instinct.

Last edited:

Fused

Shun the nonbeliever
is everyone ignorant?
he's the one who invented condoms, because all they do is make humans less populated... the point of the urges everyone except me gets is TO POPULATE HUMANS AND KEEP THE SPECIES ALIVE

Well, actually, condoms are pretty good at preventing pregnancy and preventing the spreading of STDs. of course,a bstinence does that too, but think about the society we live in today and tell me which one is more practical.

The devil didn't create condoms. It was people who want more safe sex than unprotected sex (which is really a load of bull, condoms can still break and/or have diseases get passed, which doesn't really make it very "safe").

(but they do make sex more safe than unprotected sex.)

About the whole riot about there being too many people on the earth, I don't believe that. There's still plenty of room. And though I may not like the idea about the risks of having animals becoming extinct because of that, it's true.

While all studies that prove that the world is in fact overpopulated, it doesn't take much to figure it out without scientific mumbo-jumbo. Medical science is letting people live a lot longer. Birth rates and fertility rates have nearly doubled since the 1930s.

Also, your comment about killing animals was just... well, sickening. What makes us more worthy to live than them? Animals do more for the environment than we do, that's for damn sure.

The human population isn't going to die off anytime soon. It's virtually impossible.

That's true.

So I saying, Wait until your married,and can provide a home for a child. Furthermore, Fathers can get around paying child support bye not working, or moving to a different country completely.

Marriage isn't what makes you ready for a child. Its you personally: your emotions, your financial situation, all of which can be perfect for raising a child and not being married. Also, not working doesn't get you out of child support. Usually, the government will make you file for unemployment, give it to you, and then take it away for child care.

And The Jman, there's such a thing called an abortion... to those who feel like they can stomach it (haha ha *shot*)

LMFAO! X3

Last edited:

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
procre.....

So only 6.8% are allowed to multiply and replenish the earth...

That must be a lot of idiots who have that power taken away.

made it up on the spot (I figured the opening the tab would make it seem more terrorist or religion obsessist)

If you made it up, then it's false. No one knows when the world is going to end. I figure that when 2013 comes around, I'll go outside (or something) and laugh like crazy at the people who believed that crap.

here's a suggestion
DON'T HAVE SEX!!
it's that simple!!!

But it's TOO simple for people :rolleyes:. That slogan hasn't stopped anyone from having sex, so it's not going to work now.

(but they do make sex more safe than unprotected sex.)

At least until they realize they have AIDS and wonder how the heck they got it when they were wearing a condom.

While all studies that prove that the world is in fact overpopulated, it doesn't take much to figure it out without scientific mumbo-jumbo. Medical science is letting people live a lot longer. Birth rates and fertility rates have nearly doubled since the 1930s.

Also, your comment about killing animals was just... well, sickening. What makes us more worthy to live than them? Animals do more for the environment than we do, that's for damn sure.

What studies? The world isn't overpopulated. Until there are people falling off the land into the oceans, it's not overpopulated.

I don't like the idea about animals going extinct either. But we should all still be able to fit with the animals without killing them off for good.

Last edited:

Ohshi

Banned from Club Penguin
As long as they know what they hell they are doing. I'd say go for it.

Grei

not the color
here's a suggestion
DON'T HAVE SEX!!
it's that simple!!!

Why should I? Sounds like an immature response, but it's an honest question. Why should I stop having sex?

...?
Wait, how was that a response to "why is the condom evil to you?"?

Lol, thanks Profesco. And I enjoyed reading the article, too, though a lot of it seemed to be a bit out there... : P Especially the sex-positions-to-calorie-burning statistics... and the fighting of cancer (though that one made a bit more sense). I definitely don't believe it all to be true, but all the same. : P

Yeah, that does seem to be the problem--people taking opinions as personal attacks and commands for change. I do it (I even did in this thread), but... I dunno. There ARE some who really attack others for their choices, however. : /

If there was overpopulation, the government could pull A China. Only allow 1 children,and kill the rest

Bold= fix'd
Underlined=GTFO
I don't have anything against pre-marital sex, neither against sex after marriage, my only view is:
If you want to have sex before marriage, good for you, but then don't come whining about how you got pregnant and your BF broke up with you, and in the case you're going to abort, do it before it becomes a fetus.

Profesco

gone gently
Lol, thanks Profesco. And I enjoyed reading the article, too, though a lot of it seemed to be a bit out there... : P Especially the sex-positions-to-calorie-burning statistics... and the fighting of cancer (though that one made a bit more sense). I definitely don't believe it all to be true, but all the same. : P

Getting out of bed immediately. Explaining why you got out of bed immediately. Redressing when her father's at the door. Redressing when your wife's at the door.

*still laughing*

XD

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
NO one should have sex until there married, let alone not being able to take care of kids. LADIES, listen, If you have sex with a guy that claims to "love" you, and your under 18, and you get pregnant, they are MOST LIKELY leave you, as in, the guy will split and wont take care of his kid, because the boy isnt ready to be a father.

I would like to challenge you on that, because if I had been in high school under eighteen and gotten some girl pregnant I would never leave her side, granted there are people who do that opposite.

As for my opinion, I don't think you have to get married to have sex, it's a natural thing that's been around since the beginning of time.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Bold= fix'd

Actually, he's right. In China, they have it now that if you got a girl the first time, they let her live and let you try for a boy the next time. So they can have up to two, now, somewhat.

Actually, he's right. In China, they have it now that if you got a girl the first time, they let her live and let you try for a boy the next time. So they can have up to two, now, somewhat.

Those damn Chinese and their obnoxiously senseless rules.

Darato

(o,..,o)
No one really knows when they are going to have sex. I was hanging out with some friends once and one of them was sitting next to me and we started to kiss and one thing lead to another and her and I spent the next few hours in each other’s naked embrace. Just like another time I was ditching class with my friend’s older brother and we ended up going back to his house and used his parent’s bed to pleasure each other, before going back for the last class of the day.

You have people that tell you that you should wait till marriage before you have sex. Why should you need to be married? There are plenty of people that are in loving relationships that has just as much love if not more that chose not to be married or can’t be married in most states. While some might also say this to prevent younger kids going out and having sex, it won’t work that much. If you tell a kid or teenager not to do something a majority of them will go out and do it anyways simply because they were told not to do it.

L.F.D.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Those damn Chinese and their obnoxiously senseless rules.

Amen to that. Though I think the country is getting ready to fall from Communist rule. It's only a matter of time before we start seeing and hearing about that. It would be like the fall of the Berlin Wall all over again, possibly.

ChedWick

NO one should have sex until there married, let alone not being able to take care of kids. LADIES, listen, If you have sex with a guy that claims to "love" you, and your under 18, and you get pregnant, they are MOST LIKELY leave you, as in, the guy will split and wont take care of his kid, because the boy isnt ready to be a father.

Well if that's how you feel about sex then great, I hope you find a person who feels the same way and is willing to wait. However, I too must challenge your second statement. Not all guys are complete douche bags. I for one would never abandon my child like that. If i were to accidentally conceive a child with a person I have no deep feelings for, I would suck it up and be there as much as I could for my child. I would actually fight for shared custody rather than having the mother be the one with full rights that way I'm not getting screwed by having to pay child support when I'm already supporting my child while they are with me.

Yes I relize sex is a pleasurable experience, but condoms break, and birthcontrol pills sometimes dont work, So I saying, Wait until your married,and can provide a home for a child. Furthermore, Fathers can get around paying child support bye not working, or moving to a different country completely.

That's why there's a nifty little tricked called the pull out. The chances of having the pill fail as well as the condom break and enough precum sperm getting through to impregnate an egg are astronomical. Not to mention you don't need to be married to be able to support a child.

If there was overpopulation, the government could pull A China. Only allow 2 children, and kill the rest. Also nuder all the kids of that family in arkansaw thats has 19 kids in it.. I heard there still going, the girl is pregnant.

I'm sure the citizens would never allow such a thing to happen. So what if they have a big family. They can obviously provide for them all somehow.

I for one feel sex is not limited to married couples but rather mature people. I personally would not have sex with someone I 1) don't know (college 1 night stands) or 2) don't have any feelings for what so ever. Everyone is entitled to their own standards and I feel people should try and find those with similar morals regarding sex. Those who do not know all the risks and proper precautions should not be engaging in sexual activities imo.

Last edited:
procre.....

here's a suggestion
DON'T HAVE SEX!!
it's that simple!!!
Here's a suggestion: Why don't you grow up and stop being so ignorant?

Honestly, half the people who are so ANTI-SEX IT'S EVIL are the ones who have never had sex. :/ Everything changes after you have sex. Let people do it when they want to do it. Marriage isn't an important thing, as not everyone gets married these days. Humanity doesn't need more people.

I don't care when someone has sex, it's their life. I know people who have had sex at age 10, 11, 13, 14, 15, the list goes on. Not very many people are "anti-sex before marriage" in your typical HS.

Last edited:

Ampy

Light The Stars
This sex before marriage thing... I don't think we should be telling people to not do it before mairrage (for religious beliefs etc.) it's their choice and their life, and I don't care if they had it when they are teenagers... it's a choice and you just have to deal with people not doing what you want them too

Status
Not open for further replies.