1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Virginity

Discussion in 'Debate Forum' started by shining-Celebi, Sep 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm trying to help by explaining what could go wrong with the situation. I care about you people. I don't want anyone to die from a disease. I don't want any of you have regrets. I'm attempting to help out teenage girls as well. Earlier today, I was watching Good Morning America, and they said a girl committed suicide, because people in her school were constantly calling her derogatory names. She sent a picture of herself to a guy she really liked in confidence and it accidentally got forwarded to a bunch of people. She couldn't take being picked on on a daily basis and she took her life. It's sad to see that such a young girl would do such a thing. I think that's what the person in this thread meant when they said that sex could lead to death. A girl sometimes thinks she has to do it with a guy in order for him to like her or stay with her, and she thinks it's the only way that she can have a boyfriend. I want to help people so they won't do something they will regret. Girls sometimes get picked on in school by ignorant kids who don't fully know the situation. Some of them do the same thing she does, but since there is proof she did it, she's the one who gets made fun of. It shouldn't be that way. I's not always the parent's fault, because they have jobs and they can't always be around, so they look to their peers for advice.

I've been called a s/ut before even though I'm still a virgin. They thought since I had a few guy friends in school and was on a volleyball team that had mostly guys and one other girl (who was my best friend), I was called that. I was only friends with them and nothing more. I was on their team, because they actually try to win and the girls would duck whenever the ball comes at them. I don't want to be called that word again, because I'm not one. People should stop calling each other that. I have respect for people who lose it before marriage anyway despite what others have said. What you do is your business. But, I just don't think it's a good idea for a teenager, who is 13 or so, to lose their virginity so young, because I know how mean kids can be to each other, especially to girls. That's why I said wait until you're out of high school, so you're not picked on. I've seen how kids in my school were to each other, and I overheard guys talking about what they did with the girl and people called her names.

I'm sorry if I came off as harsh to anyone, but because of the events that happened in January, I haven't been my optimisic, cheerful self. I hope to go back to the way I used to be. If I offended anyone, I'm truly sorry. I hope you'll forgive me.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2009
  2. Profesco

Profesco gone gently

As simultaneous reasons to lose virginity early, they do come across as contradictory. "Go have sex with someone to try it out and learn" versus "It's a way to express the highest form of love and intimacy with your partner." As a rule, experimentation is not intimate; rather, it is formulaic and educational. Only once you've hit the "love" bit should free experimentation become a valid reason, is what I'm saying.

Alright, nifty then. ^_^

'Cause otherwise, I'd have had to lay into you with a melon-baller, so help me Arceus! :mad:

Forgive my atrocious teasing, I am ashamed of my audacity. ;P

Nyeh, I still see so many things that could go wrong with that idea spread to every area of life, but it's honestly just different opinions, so we won't get anywhere by debating it, will we? ^_^;

3. GhostAnime

GhostAnime Searching for her...

It's called a condom.

But the example you said about the girl isn't even sex related; it's nude related.

4. Those kids treated her as if she did have sex with him. If a girl has sex and the boy she was with tells all his friends and provides proof, word can get around school. Because of that, the girl gets called derogatory names. Even if a girl doesn't have sex, and the boy lied to everyone, she still gets called that word. People shouldn't have to kill themselves because of the harsh torment from their peers. Some girls think the guy loves them back and the relationship will last forever, so they do that, and the guy turns around and talks about her disrespectfully to everyone. Not all guys do that, but some do. (The guys I went to high school did that to their girlfriends.)

I know, but not everyone actually uses a condom. Some just solely rely on birth control.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2009
  5. GhostAnime

But "sex" did not lead to death directly.

The whole scenario you describe isn't really that common or anything; and it hardly has anything to do with sex itself. That's just basic high school life.

6. I don't see the act as something wrong or bad, but I see it is better to wait. The two people involved should be mature about it and not just fool around. It should be when you are in a mature, serious, commited relationship, and you must respect the other person. I believe you should fully trust the other person before doing this.

Where I live, I don't see the ones my age acting in a mature manner. Therefore, I don't believe they are ready to lose their virginity. I know there are people my age that are fickle and shallow, and may not be able to have a serious, mature relationship yet. High school relationships don't always last. There's the matter of going into different colleges and meeting new people. You need to love yourself before loving someone else.

Marriage is a form of commitment. That's why I believe until waiting until I'm married so I know the guy is committed.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
  7. Penguinist Trainer

Penguinist Trainer Well-Known Member

Regardless of whether people wait until marriage or not, losing your virginity should be special. Sex is special and should be shared with someone you truly love. Having sex is an incredibly intimate experience, its also our most vulnerable. It can bring people to their best and worst.

I will say sex definitely shouldn't be rushed. There should be no pressure. If one partner wants to wait until marriage, but the other has had sex before and doesn't want to wait, there could be problems down the road.

Couples too often don't talk about sex primarily out of embarrassment or it being taboo. Sex is a shared experience and should be treated as such. Regardless of when you cross over from innocence to experience, you should make it special and memorable.

No matter how many times you do it, you will always remember your 1st time. Make it something worth remembering, whether you're married or not, do it for love.

8. siburke939

siburke939 <------ my 1st shiny

you wouldn't buy a car without taking it for a test drive...

but seriously to add my (old man) opinion to this topic in hindsight i wasted too much of my childhood worrying about sex just enjoy playing football & getting muddy for as long as possible because when you get older there's plenty of time for sex hell when you get to my age you even start turning it down (very rarely but still just saying!)

9. Grei

Grei not the color

This is all great and everything, really it is.
    If only you would be able to accurately relate it to the topic of Virginity.

All you did was tell a story with allegories, and without proper explanation of said allegories.

10. Yknot

Yknot Дми́трий Дми́триевич

the milk man was a virgin.

and he got caught up in the sexual frustrations of a very strange couple.

so, just don't be like the milk man and you should be fine.

11. Sir Devious

Sir Devious Sir Devious

I think waiting until marriage is the best option, only because sex leads to kids, and you shouldn't bring kids into the world while you are 16. The kid needs to have married parents who can support it, that's what I think. I wouldn't have wanted to have been brought up by a trashy 13 year old girl.

And the thing with sexual diseases is also a factor. Teens seem to break up and date around a lot, if everyone had sex everyone would get AIDS and die.

Maybe if you wait until you are with someone you love and want to marry, and you are out of school and could suddenly get married and support the kid, then sex is fine.

Just my opinions.

12. GhostAnime

That's why condoms exist.

Waiting until marriage should have nothing to do with health, or even kids because if it's done responsibly most people should have nothing to worry about.

13. Jb

Jb Tsun in the streets

Why else do you have sex? For love?

14. I think that you should at least wait until you can provide the care for a child. It's sad to see all these teens getting pregnant. Teenage relationships don't last very long, and these trashy girls just keep dating around, having sex with everyone, I mean, others could get STD's! I know "that's what condoms are for", but not every teen uses them. Because it's "less exciting" or whatever. It's sad and gross to see girls my age, like 13, getting preggers. :/ Really now. 13. That's sick.

15. Lucos

Lucos Well-Known Member

I'm amazed on how ignorant most people are here when it comes to sex, STDs and pregnancy. Seriously people, have you guys never heard of a CONDOM?
    Or, if you want to be absolutely safe, go "double dutch", it means that the boy always uses a condom and the girl always takes "the pill". That way you can't go wrong.
    And even if you don't want to use a condom because you think it's less exiting, if the girl takes the pill, it's still enough to protect you against pregnancy, it doesn't protect you against STDs though.

So seriously guys, pregancy and STDs are NO good reasons to wait with sex after marriage. No offense, but I think most people who support no sex till marriage are influenced by their religion.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
  16. Vaporeon4evr

Vaporeon4evr Cyndakill

I am 12 and what is this?

17. Tim the turtle

Tim the turtle Happy Mudkip

I often find that every single quandry and question in life can be solved by Better Days.

http://www.jaynaylor.com/betterdays/archives/2003/11/post-61.html

Mandatory disclaimer to stop Profeco from doing his whole mature and responsible thing on me: Of course, this is not a serious post and I in no way encourage sexual intercourse between young children and furries... especially not furries, they need to stop breeding all together

Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
  18. Lbsweet96

Lbsweet96 &#32

Somebody's going to be in for a bad surprise when they were "safe" and still gets and STD. Condom's are, as Tony the Tiger says,"GRRRRRRRRRREAT!," but they aren't perfect. You can get STDs even though you use a condom.

19. Profesco

Profesco gone gently

Excellent disregard of the entire thread up until now. You are not bringing up anything new or never-before-discussed, you know. We have all considered the efficacy of contraceptive measures. Repeatedly.

Also, heehee, condoms are less exiting. Does that mean they're more going in?

Very good then. Lemme tuck away the soap box~ :p

Tony's advertising repertoire has grown since I was young...

20. GhostAnime

Even then STD's are blown out of proportion. It only matters if you go around having open sex; if you are actually in a relationship, your chances of getting are actually pretty low and you must also consider the fact that, not many people ACTUALLY have STD's. On average, there may be like 1-5 people in a county (depending on the area you live in; obviously not urban areas) that may have STD's, and they're usually adults.. not teens.

In other words, stop talking about STD's, people.

Are you telling people not to date in high school now? Seriously, now you're going too far. I can understand the 'don't have sex' reason, but now you don't want them to date at all? Are you a nun?

The protection method does not always work; we get it. But if a condom is actually used properly, it is a decent method. Combine with birth control pills and you're pretty much fine. Don't tell me you're going to worry about something that's less than a percent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.