• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Virginity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordy Kieto

woo never knew threads like this were on serebii....
so i guess im forced to say something on topic or else get infraced......

well i was askin my salamence about it; and he says his first time with a young dragonair he didnt feel bad at all about loosing his virginity

then again he didint feel much of anything since the dragonair had used thunder wave on him

LedZeppelin1

Expect theUnexpected
Where I live the law states you have to be 13 years old, and your partner cannot be 3 years older or younger than you. But whose to say that below 13 is too young? It's up to each individual. It is quite offensive when people say just because somebody is young, they are dumb. No, some are, and some people are incredibly smart and immature. Virginity all comes down to maturity.

Shepard

metaphysician
When my wife and I were doing our marriage preparation course to get married in the catholic church (a fact ironic in itself as I am staunchly atheist and my wife agnostic), one of the surveys we had to fill out independently in order to compare our results had the question "how do you feel about premarital sex?" To this question we both separately replied "awesome!" When we compared answers we laughed so hard together that half the people in the room were giving us strange looks.

Seriously though, sex is a natural part of living. Some people will take the high road cop-out and say that 'sex is okay only as long as it's with someone you love.' That's bull. Loving the person you have sexual relations with certainly makes the experience more meaningful, but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy it otherwise. As long as the experience is agreed upon by two consenting people (who actually understand what that consent means), there's no reason it can't and shouldn't be enjoyed.

As for virginity, while it would be nice if everyone's first time could be as meaningful as it would be with someone they truly love and cherish, I would think that that is not often the case. Fact is, for the majority of people their first time is probably kind of awkward and most likely not with their soulmate. But you gotta start somewhere. I think the best way to view losing your virginity is as a natural step in your self fulfillment as a person. It's a part of the natural human experience and, like many other such experiences (especially 'first' experiences), it's bound to be a little awkward, even uncomfortable. The point is you live and learn. The sex gets better with time and the relationships become more meaningful as you grow.

As for the whole issue of sex before marriage, as you may have inferred from my opening anecdote and subsequent arguments, I'm all about it. There's no reason why two consenting individuals can't have sex and enjoy it. The whole 'wait for marriage' ideal is antiquated religious propaganda designed to socially control behavior through 'dogma' that is, in actuality, little more than superstition. Sex, while certainly not the be-all and end-all of a relationship, is still a significant aspect of any relationship between two people, and if those two people are going to be committing the rest of their lives together they should be aware of their sexual chemistry. As has already been stated in this thread, sex is a means of relieving stress and a meaningful connection between two people, both of which are pivotal to a successful marriage. What happens if two people wait until their wedding night and then discover that they don't find the act of sex with one another remotely appealing? As a firsthand example, a couple my wife and I know were together for 10 years before getting married, but, being devout Catholics, never had sex or even lived together before getting married. Within 6 months they were divorced. The reason? In spite of being together so long they never had any conception of the level of intimacy sex and living together bring with them. They finally really saw one another and realized that it couldn't work out.

This is, of course, not to say that sex before marriage is for everyone. I respect anyone's informed decision not to have sex before they're married, though I question the wisdom of their choice. It seems to me that denying yourself such a natural and beautiful component of the human experience for the sake of what is really a formality (I think marriage really occurs through the small daily acts of living, loving, and negotiating together, not in the one single grand gesture of a marriage ceremony; marriages are built, not created) is completely counterintuitive, especially when you consider that the sexual chemistry between the people getting married is a significant aspect of their life together.

BUG

insert joke so dated I don't even remember it
I'm having a hearty laugh at pokemaster001 right now. "The devil made condoms" has to be the funniest thing I've heard all week.

woo never knew threads like this were on serebii....
so i guess im forced to say something on topic or else get infraced......

well i was askin my salamence about it; and he says his first time with a young dragonair he didnt feel bad at all about loosing his virginity

then again he didint feel much of anything since the dragonair had used thunder wave on him

Get the hell out of misc.

Last edited:

PokemonHero

I can see the future
I'm having a hearty laugh at pokemaster001 right now. "The devil made condoms" has to be the funniest thing I've heard all week.

And the sad thing is, there are more people that actually believe that sort of thing.

Pandeji

USED ULTRASPLASH!!!
Yay for once I see minimal Christians screaming about how "God doth not want ye to engageth in thine intercourse."

First off, sex is sex.
It's something all animals go through.
It also continues the population.
AND it feels good.
Sweet.
If people want to f*ck just because they're horny, that's their own decision. Consensual sex is fine regardless of circumstance.

Secondly, we regard love.
Love is love.
If you feel that you love another, then you love them in that moment. Nobody can tell you that you aren't loving them "for real" because they're not really in your brain.
So, if people are saying to wait until marriage, they're asking for a false commitment.
They're saying "Hey let's get married early! I don't trust you enough until you're legally bound to me!"
Marriage shouldn't be the important thing. Love should.
Marriage is a word. A title. Love is a feeling.
So go ahead.
Have sex for a word instead of a feeling.
[/rantover]

BUG

insert joke so dated I don't even remember it
And the sad thing is, there are more people that actually believe that sort of thing.

That's the same thing the Catholic Church said when they were invented in the 1800's. You think people would get the picture by now.

xXPorygonXx

Sort of active
...........................!!!............!!!!!!
you win the ignorant douche award

Shut up and grow up.

Anyway...I'm a practicing Catholic, and our book of majicks says to not do-the-do until your married. The whole reasoning behind it being that when the Bible was written, you generally ended up being with only one person your entire life. Now a days, you might move through several people until you find 'the one', if you're even looking for 'the one'.

I think it's insane to put an age limit on sex. Not all 16 year olds are the same. For example, I know a lot of 18 year olds who act like they're 14 or so. So to generalize something like sex by saying "only at 16 will you be mentally ready to handle the responsibilities and blah blah blah" is ludicrous. I'm sure everyone knows about what not to do and what to do by 11. That's when the elementary school showed us the sex ed video, and every year that followed, we had to watch it again. So it's not like we're ignorant.

The main reason I feel so many people want everyone to wait until marriage is because it gives sex a romantic feeling.

Tadashi

kiss my greens
Dude, so long as hookers are standing out on the street corners and making money, people aren't going to stop having sex.

Hell, as long as people continue to have urges, people are going to keep having sex.

But here's my stance: you don't have to rush into it; it'll happen when it happens. When you are ready. Practice safe sex. For the love of God, practice safe sex. If you're smart and know what you need to be doing to stay safe, then I say go for it.

Profesco

gone gently

Dattebayo

Banned
To be honest, I really, really, really want to lose my virginity by the time get a girlfriend and a successful long relationship between us, but too bad I have to wait until marriage to do so. I really wish they could change the age for marriage to an earlier age like 16.

ChedWick

To be honest, I really, really, really want to lose my virginity by the time get a girlfriend and a successful long relationship between us, but too bad I have to wait until marriage to do so. I really wish they could change the age for marriage to an earlier age like 16.

Who says you have to wait? And 16 year old getting married is a horrible idea in our current day and age.

Dattebayo

Banned
Who says you have to wait?

That would be my parents.

And 16 year old getting married is a horrible idea in our current day and age.

But I heard that in other countries, you can get married around that age or less.

Status
Not open for further replies.