• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Virginity

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it's not "weird". Simply because you don't believe your parents are intelligent enough to know what's best for you doesn't mean you're right. Sex with multiple people can result in fatal diseases: something that most hormone-happy teenagers aren't thinking or caring about. Parents were once kids that thought the same as you. Most probably have regrets that they want their children to avoid having. Of course, they're obviously ignorant fools. Who in their right mind would listen to them?

Actually I was just talking about listening to parents in general, not just over sex.

But I know. But people who are that stupid to have unprotected sex with random people ...deserve to get those diseases.

I'm basically just saying, people over-react. And they judge all teens as irresponsible. Even though some of us are actually smart, and are mature enough for sex.

pichu_power

But Never Again...
Ahh...THIS topic finally rises from the moral and ethic crag...

I believe that if you're gonna go and have sex, you better be prepared for whatever comes your way...accidents happen. I believe that one should wait until they are married to have sex...that way, they will be prepared for anything...but in their case, a baby is usually good...but staying away from babies, STDs are another horrible effect...I just hate it when younger kids [freshmen at school] talk about having sex....they're just stupid!!!

I, personally, am not sure as to what I will do...I really want to wait until I get married, but I honestly don't WANT to get married...so I am unsure...however, religion DOES play a role in the views of everyone...some religions 'ban' fornication...and it is a pretty big sin, if you were brought up religiously...

Noheart

The Abysswalker
Im not a virgin. (if HJ's count :>)

Anywho, just use protection people. Not that hard. Idc about other people's smex lives.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
I think kids shouldn't be having sex at that age in the first place.

i say over 18 years old is minimum.

EDIT:

It screamed fail.

Last edited:

J.T.

ಠ_ಠ
Okay, why 18?

misunderstoodhero

I think kids should even be having sex at that age in the first place.

remove the word in bold and their you have an EPIC FAIL!!
I assume that was meant to be shouldn't even.

Anyways, onto the topic. If you can resist your urges, wait until that special some-one comes along and then have sex with them when your both ready ( UGH, that sounded so corny )

edit: OH! and use protection kids!

Night_Walker

Ooh, tough question.

Well I have to say I don't subscribe to the "til you're married" bit, and I personally think any form of sex constitutes the end of a person's virginity. I say people should feel free to have their first sexual experience whenever they want to so long as they're not breaking any laws.
But that said I think a person should be sure that they want their chosen partner to be their first because it is a big deal.

I think kids shouldn't be having sex at that age in the first place.

EDIT:

It screamed fail.

YES FAIL!

..why shouldn't they be having sex?
If the children feel that they are mature and ready. Who are you to say no and stop them?

I mean. I don't enjoy it or support little 12 year olds f ucking each other. But nobody has any right to do anything about it. Of course, their parents can do something if they want.

But yeah. :\

Grei

not the color
I'd wait, cause doing it before marrying, can cause bad things happen, so I'd prefer to wait until marrying.

What bad things will happen during pre-marital sex that won't happen during marital sex? It's not like pre-marital sex causes the penis to explode or the vagina to grow teeth. : / Fertilization can happen no matter what, as can STDs/STIs. That stuff doesn't magically change when you get married or anything.

And that's talking strictly about the effects of the act itself, not the break-up that everybody seems to think is sure to happen.

J.T.

ಠ_ಠ
I'd wait, cause doing it before marrying, can cause bad things happen, so I'd prefer to wait until marrying.

Like what? Elaborate, people! Why should people wait until they're 18? What bad things will happen if you have sex before marriage?

Kaasuti

MegaKaasutizard
Aha some where to release my thoughts about this matter.

I think people should wait until they REALLY love somebody, it's a shame people can't tell the difference between love and lust, Sex isn't everything and people need to get over the whole "i must lose my virginity to be more popular" thing, why anyone would throw something as special as your viginity away for this pathetic reason is beyond me.

Like what? Elaborate, people! Why should people wait until they're 18? What bad things will happen if you have sex before marriage?
People should wait until that age because the vast majority of people in the world under this age don't have the mental capacity for sex or a relationship, they just see it as a "i'm all grown up check me out" thing.

Also if you have sex before marrige your appendages will fall off, diddn't your parents tell you about this, lol ^^

Last edited:

Grei

not the color

I think people should wait until they REALLY love somebody, it's a shame people can't tell the difference between love and lust, Sex isn't everything and people need to get over the whole "i must lose my virginity to be more popular" thing, why anyone would throw something as special as your viginity away for this pathetic reason is beyond me.

People should wait until that age because the vast majority of people in the world under this age don't have the mental capacity for sex or a relationship, they just see it as a "i'm all grown up check me out" thing.

Also if you have sex before marrige your appendages will fall off, diddn't your parents tell you about this, lol ^^

This all is just a huge overgeneralization, I think. I don't feel all "grown up" (though I do feel different...) because of it, I don't go around telling everybody I've had sex, and I know the difference between love and lust.

And I had sex when I was 16.
My best friend, too. We both lost our virginity to our girlfriends at age 16, and we both know we're mature enough for it. We have the "mental capacity" for it, and you'd be surprised just how many others in my high school would be, too. Granted, it's one high school, but it debunks your theory anyway.

Besides, I know people who are over the age of 18 and still think flaunting sex makes you grown up and cool. Age =/= Maturity.

Night_Walker

This is an excellent point!
It is certainly true that young people seem to have the attitude that to be hip you drink to get drunk and it does seem at times they have a similarly hasty attitude towards sex.

LOL again I'd have to agree, at least as far how mentally mature (or rather immature) a lot of people are at that age.
But is a bit of a generalisation.

LOL, your post was worth reading solely for that!

Last edited:

ChedWick

What bad things will happen during pre-marital sex that won't happen during marital sex? It's not like pre-marital sex causes the penis to explode or the vagina to grow teeth. : / Fertilization can happen no matter what, as can STDs/STIs. That stuff doesn't magically change when you get married or anything.

Seriously???? Its not like there needs to be an explanation for every comment on these boards. Are you two really unable to think of what "bad things" can happen? If so I'll give you two bad things that can happen.

The big one is the conception of a child with a person you don't wanna have a child with. When people get married they usually are in it for a family. Gran it there are those who don't ever want kids but at least if they do happen to make one by mistake, they aren't stuck with someone they don't even like. Another would be STD's. Its a common practice among serious couples to get tested for any disease before engaging in sex (at least with those who wait for a certain period in time) a practice not followed by those who have casual sex or sex at a young age with what ever boyfriend of girlfriend they are currently with.

This all is just a huge overgeneralization.

An over generalization yes... A huge over generalization, no.

I often challenge those teens who think they know the risks and proper precautions to inform me of what they think they know. All to often are they ill informed, on the right track but still ill informed. There are however a few shining stars who do in fact know what is necessary. I've found its very rare though.

Grei

not the color
Seriously???? Its not like there needs to be an explanation for every comment on these boards. Are you two really unable to think of what "bad things" can happen? If so I'll give you two bad things that can happen.

The big one is the conception of a child with a person you don't wanna have a child with. When people get married they usually are in it for a family. Gran it there are those who don't ever want kids but at least if they do happen to make one by mistake, they aren't stuck with someone they don't even like. Another would be STD's. Its a common practice among serious couples to get tested for any disease before engaging in sex (at least with those who wait for a certain period in time) a practice not followed by those who have casual sex or sex at a young age with what ever boyfriend of girlfriend they are currently with.

Well, right. I realize this. That's what condoms are for.

Plus, we're using the pill, too. Well, she is. : / We acknowledge that we can still conceive a child despite the condom and pill, though. I do a water test every time after I have sex, just to make sure the condom has not broken.

And then there's abortion, which we're both fine with going through with.

EDIT: As for STDs, both of us were virgins until we had sex. So there's very little chance we have an STD between us. : /

An over generalization yes... A huge over generalization, no.

I often challenge those teens who think they know the risks and proper precautions to inform me of what they think they know. All to often are they ill informed, on the right track but still ill informed. There are however a few shining stars who do in fact know what is necessary. I've found its very rare though.

Challenge me, then. PMing. Visitor Messaging. This thread (why not? It has to do with the topic, I guess... hmm.). What makes one "ill informed", by the way?

Last edited:
What the hell does getting married change?
You can still conceive and you can still catch something nasty.

As long as you're not some little slag having sex with anything that moves, I feel it's OK to give it a go.
*Yawn* Providing you're careful and use protection blah blah blah.

??????

That guy.
I'm basically just saying, people over-react. And they judge all teens as irresponsible. Even though some of us are actually smart, and are mature enough for sex.
Since when does a teen ever determine maturity? Especially with raging hormones and the such, I don't think a teen should ever determine anyone who has an adult level of maturity.

When both the parents approve from both families, both in the couple get tested and are negative for STDs, and multiple methods are used to prevent conception of a child, I think a teen should then be able to engage in sex.

Since when does a teen ever determine maturity? Especially with raging hormones and the such, I don't think a teen should ever determine anyone who has an adult level of maturity.

For the record, I'm actually considered an adult. I'm over 18, so, yes. And I think I can determine what I am or am not mature with.

When both the parents approve from both families, both in the couple get tested and are negative for STDs, and multiple methods are used to prevent conception of a child, I think a teen should then be able to engage in sex.

Really? lmao. I don't think teens want to mention anything about sex with their parents. It just doesn't happen.
Who actually asks their parents permission if they can have sex? O: It's your life. Nobody needs to know what you do or don't do with someone.

Grei

not the color

... I've never heard of anyone who needed to ask their parents to have sex. In my opinion, that'd be just plain awkward, having your parents and your partner's parents talking about you and your significant other having sex. : / Maybe that's just me, but I'd find that to be fairly terrible.

Plus, then you get the parents who are stuck in the mindset that their child can never grow up. : /

All in all, I think it's the stupidest idea in the world for the parents to be involved in the private things that a couple does. If they were, you might as well be dating them, too, really.

EDIT: And teenagers can determine their maturity. Some are just plain wrong, but for others, it's obvious that they're mature. You can't just say all teenagers can't determine their own mental maturity, that is (again) an over-generalization. It's not fair to those who have matured beyond their years.

Once again, Age =/= Maturity.

And really, you don't need to be a certain age to be "allowed to judge your maturity." You can do that any time you want. Age 18 is just another age, really.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.