• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Virtual Console/WiiWare Discussion

Cobalt_Latios

Anyway, BlayzBloo is basically a Power Stone clone, if anyone was curious.
I haven't played it so I don't know how good a clone it is, but hey! Power Stone was pretty awesome.
So if you like Power Stone and wanted it Portable, your prayers are answered!
I remember reading about this game in my NP magazine a few months ago. Awesome.

Yes. Except instead of a traditional 2D fighter it's a Power Stone clone with chibi 3D models.

here have a trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUChJ9r6D1k
Oh lord, that's awesome. Crap, crap, crap... now I want a DSi :s...

So they changed the name a bit and chibified it. Sounds fun. For 500 points, I'd get it if I still had a DSi.
It's not like they weren't chibied before... and this is pretty much the same artstyle... just in 3D now

C_L

Thriller

Its almost time
This update has been brought to you by Facebook. Because if it weren't for the likes of Farmville, Mafia Wars, and the like, WiiWare would run out of ideas for imitators.

WiiWare

My Aquarium 2
Publisher: Hudson Entertainment
Players: 1
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone)
Price: 500 Wii Points™
Description: My Aquarium 2, the sequel to the hit WiiWare title My Aquarium, is here. This time, the theme is the mysterious deep sea. With a single Wii Remote™ controller, you can raise fascinating creatures of all shapes and sizes, including deep-sea fish and glowing jellyfish. As with the original My Aquarium, you can customize your aquarium, by choosing which fish to include and where to place various decorations. You can also choose from a variety of colored lights to illuminate your aquarium. In time, your fish might breed to give you a whole new school. Create your very own aquarium for endless hours of relaxing fun and entertainment. This sequel features a larger selection of fish and objects than the original. You can also link up to the Forecast Channel to have your aquarium's appearance reflect the actual weather, or send your aquariums to registered friends via WiiConnect24™. Additional content will be available for purchase at a later date. Dive in and see all the wonderful creatures of the deep blue sea!

Enjoy your massage!
Publisher: Microforum
ESRB Rating: E10+ (Everyone 10 and Older) - Mild Suggestive Themes
Price: 500 Wii Points
Description: Congratulations! You have just been hired as an apprentice masseur at Giselle's beauty farm, one of the most famous in the city. Learn new relaxing massage combinations and use them on your stressed customers. As an apprentice, you'll have to do your best. If your client gets angry, no one will save you from losing your job, but if you prove capable, you might even become the director of the whole beauty farm. So, what are you waiting for? Six clients are waiting for your help!

A Massage simulator? What's next? A Patty-Cake game?

Nintendo DSiWare

TURN: The Lost Artifact
Publisher: Creative Patterns
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) - Mild Cartoon Violence
Price: 800 Nintendo DSi Points™
Description: TURN: The Lost Artifact is an adventure puzzler with fun, intuitive game play. Kurt and Camila are explorers on a mysterious journey to find a lost artifact. You guide them through rooms filled with various dangers, from enemies to rolling boulders. Your main power is the ability to rotate the rooms 90 degrees to the left or to the right. Mastering the law of gravity is essential to your success. Everything and everyone in the room is subjected to gravity and falls when you turn the room. Watch your head! Featuring three worlds with nine levels of about 10 rooms each, the game promises a whole lot of brain-twisting fun on your Nintendo DSi system.

Rhythm Core Alpha
Publisher: SoftEgg
Price: 500 Nintendo DSi Points
Description: Make music with your Nintendo DSi system! Rhythm Core Alpha is an advanced music creation system, designed for creating and performing live music in front of an audience. Rhythm Core Alpha makes it easy to build drum and instrument loops, and then allows you to play solos over them using the stylus. It automatically detects the key and scale of the music you have created and allows you to change chords at the press of a button. All notes in the solo match the selected key and scale, so you can never hit a wrong note. Rhythm Core Alpha also includes a powerful pattern mode that allows you to set up chord changes and arrange your sequenced parts, enabling you to build a whole song or make sections that you can play back as you desire. Hundreds of adjustable drum and instrument sounds are included. You can edit while the song is playing, so you really can build the song in front of an audience.

Absolute Chess
Publisher: Tasuke
Players: 1-2
Price: 200 Nintendo DSi Points
Description: This easy-to-understand chess game explains everything from basic rules to aggressive strategies. There are two modes of play. In Free Play, you can play against a number of preset characters, ranging from a young kid to a grouchy old man. The Challenge mode gives players multiple levels and missions to complete. Player support features include a function to indicate possible moves for the player and the opponent, as well as the ability to undo your previous move. You can also enjoy matches with friends via DS Download Play.

Did It Myself ABC123
Publisher: Powerhead Games
ESRB Rating: EC (Early Childhood)
Description: Did It Myself ABC123 is packed with different activities to stimulate your young child's brain, including counting, colors, letters, drawing and music. The target age range is roughly 2 to 3, but kids aged 1 through 5 should be able to enjoy Did It Myself ABC123. There are options for parents to adjust the counting range, the amount of games to play in "shuffle" mode, and the overall game speed. "Slow" and "medium" are recommended for younger kids, while older kids may enjoy "fast" and "ridiculous."

Thriller

Its almost time
No comments? Heh, wonder if this article has anything to do with the silence...

(I was going to post this in a separate post anyway, so I better not get an infraction for double posting, which I feel is a dumb rule anyway)

R_N

I was going to make a Patty Cake joke but didn't feel like making it work.

Something about a fighting game.

edit: Also that article is kind of dumb. Early Childhood game really shouldn't be judged as horrible since it's made for...early childhood.
Chess is chess, people like chess.
They called Rhytm Core Alpha boring to look at well no duh; it's a music creator. It's not going to be glamorous.
My Aquarium 2 should have been DSiWare, though.

Massage game looks dumb, I guess.

Last edited:

Thriller

Its almost time
WiiWare

Space Trek
Publisher: CALARIS
ESRB Rating: E10+ (Everyone 10 and Older) - Fantasy Violence
Price: 700 Wii Points™
Description: As Captain Jay, you take control of a space jet deployed on an alien world. The planet you're on is inhabited by the Knagar, a race of big, green, self-important bullies. You must fight your way through, outsmart them and save the survivors. Fortunately, Jay can always throw a nice punch line when things get ugly. Fight floating drones, destroy Knagar ships, attack turrets and deal with gigantic worms before they swallow your ship or electrocute you. Access your handy map to avoid getting lost on one of six big levels. Pick up keycards, deactivate force fields, save survivors and collect power-ups. Rearm your ship to use one of six weapons, including the Quark Dispeller, Anti-Matter Thrower and Mega Rockets. Recharge your ship's battery by flying over heat-bursting volcanoes. Then use the surplus to power your weapons or energy shield. Enjoy humorous dialogue that accompanies players throughout the game.

A Monsteca Corral: Monsters vs. Robots
Publisher: Onteca
Players: 1-4
Price: 500 Wii Points
Description: The planet Monsteca is no longer the harmonious world it once was. It's been overrun by a robotic army that's determined to rule and conquer. Monsteca natives known as the Stompies have no choice but to run. Unable to defend themselves against such heavy machinery, the Stompies must rely on the strength of their herd to work together and defeat the meddling robots. Take control of the Stompies, cute and not-so-bright monsters who need help to avoid being captured by invading robots. It's your duty to guide them successfully through each level. This fun, full-3D strategy game has a strong sense of flow, offering 20 levels to conquer and many hours of game play.

Nintendo DSiWare

Divergent Shift
Publisher: Konami Digital Entertainment
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) - Violent References
Description: Divergent Shift is a puzzle platformer. You'll run, jump and flip over obstacles, but you also may have to put on your thinking cap to figure out how to complete some of the levels. There are two primary mechanics in the game: the Reflection Mechanic and Shadow Mechanic. In both, you control two characters - one on each screen - at the same time. If you jump, both characters will jump; if you run, both characters will run. The only way to beat the game is to use the two screens together.

3D Mahjong
Publisher: cosmigo
Description: Relax your mind with the ancient game of tiles. 3D Mahjong features 50 layouts of the traditional tile-matching game in 3D, each with millions of different shuffles to play. The game's style and interface has been designed for easy and intuitive operation with the stylus or control pad. The graphics can be customized with six fabulous tile sets and backgrounds. Sit back, relax and enjoy the endless challenge with this Mahjong game collection. Additional brain-sharpening challenges come in the form of extra mini-games: "Memory" and "Matching."

myNotebook: Carbon
Publisher: Nnooo
Description: myNotebook allows you to take notes wherever you are. Just pop open your Nintendo DSi™ system and jot down your thoughts. Make a list and cross it off, or even play your favorite pen-and-paper games (games not included). You can even personalize your notebook by drawing on the cover and changing the paper type with 24 unlockable squared and lined paper styles. Use the pen or pencil to make notes or doodles, and then erase the bits you don't like. With five ink colors, you'll always be able to make your notes and doodles look stylish. myNotebook also includes 128 pages to write on and the ability to export your pages to your Nintendo DSi Photo Album.

Just SING! National Anthems
Publisher: Engine Software
Description: It is the greatest sporting event of 2010: the World Cup! All eyes are on South Africa, and all ears are on you in the karaoke game of the year. Enter the hallowed turf and display your talent by singing a selection of national anthems. There are five national anthems to choose from: Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Japan and the United States. It's karaoke fun at its best. All text is displayed, and the game features optimum voice recognition. Just sing into the built-in microphone of your Nintendo DSi system. Don your jersey and step out onto the pitch - to sing!

No comments today, since a 2nd article from an official source complaining about VC's lack of recent support has recently come out.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/111/1110602p1.html

Glad to see I know have back-up for my complaining.

BCVM22

No comments today, since a 2nd article from an official source complaining about VC's lack of recent support has recently come out.

IGN isn't an "official source" by any stretch of the imagination. Like most of the online video game press, they're perfectly adequate as a news outlet; no one gives a flying f*ck what any of their "editorials" say.

Just because your misery has company doesn't give it any validity.

Thriller

Its almost time
By "official source," I meant "Member of the professional press."

Of course Nintendo isn't going to admit WiiWare is a scam.

Also, "Space Trek?" Hahaha, what a funny & creative name.

Thriller

Its almost time
Thought I quit this didn't you? :)

WiiWare

And Yet It Moves
Publisher: Broken Rules
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) - Mild Violence
Price: 1,000 Wii Points™
Description: And Yet It Moves is an award-winning, physics-based platform game in which players run and jump through a world made of paper. To aid in completing its twisted, mind-bending levels, you possess the unique ability to rotate the world at will. Walls become floors, slides become platforms - but a harmless pile of rocks becomes a hazardous threat when turned upside-down. Use the Wii Remote™ controller like a magic wand to tilt the world. Explore beautifully crafted environments. Survive 20 challenging levels filled with strange creatures, traps and puzzles. Unlock bonus levels, competitive play modes and surprising modifications that change the entire game. Turn your world upside-down with And Yet It Moves!

Virtual Console™

UFOURIA: THE SAGA
Original platform: NES
Publisher: Sunsoft
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) - Comic Mischief
Price: 600 Wii Points
Description: Join Bop Louie as he searches for three friends - Shades, Freeon Leon and Gil - to help him complete his mad scramble. It won't be easy. Brain-boggling mazes, traps and bizarre pitfalls stand in your way on the journey back to Ufouria. You'll rely on your friends to survive in this strange, changing world, and you'd better have the right powers for the strange worlds you'll encounter. As you make your trek through mystical forests, deserts and oceans, you'll need to seek out and destroy monstrous creatures every step of the way. Will you have the right powers at the right time? Don't let the mind-zapping colors and stupefying sound effects throw you off.

Only ONE WiiWare Title? It's happened.

Nintendo DSiWare

Rytmik
Publisher: CINEMAX
Description: Rytmik is an application for creating rhythmical and melodic themes and composing whole songs. It contains more than 170 carefully selected sound samples of drums, cymbals, percussion, bass and melodic instruments. With Rytmik you can quickly and easily create the basic building block: an audio clip. It consists of musical notations for up to four instruments that you may transpose, select their location in the stereo field and modify their volume, polyphony and echo. You can arbitrarily combine as many as 128 clips in four tracks to create complex pieces of music. You also have a rhythm library with a varied collection of 16 pre-made compositions that can be used to help quickly compose your own pieces. For the best musical experience, we recommend connecting headphones or a quality speaker system (not included).

G.G Series NINJA KARAKURI DEN
Publisher: Genterprise Inc.
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) - Mild Cartoon Violence
Description: Jump and slash as a gravity-defying ninja in this acrobatic action game. Control a jumping ninja as he fights his way through a booby-trapped mansion. When your ninja touches a platform, it will automatically disappear and he will jump, making for pretty unstable footing. But where some see obstacles, a ninja sees opportunity. You will be forced to think on your feet, push your reflexes and bend the very rules of physics to conquer your treacherous surroundings. Master the art of the dash, shuriken and sword. Be a ninja.

My Farm
Publisher: BiP media
Description: My Farm is a livestock farming simulation game. At the beginning, all you own is an empty field, a few pennies and a single hen. If you feed the hen and take care of it, she will lay eggs that can be sold. With this money, you can buy new animals at the Farmers' Market and purchase equipment from the shopkeeper. Little by little, as your farm builds up, you will unlock bonuses including a wind turbine, rooster, guard dog and tractor. You will be able to exchange your animals with your friends who play My Farm or My Exotic Farm. There are six kinds of animals to customize, many farm improvements to buy and bonuses to collect.

Absolute Reversi
Publisher: Tasuke
Description: This reversi game is for all players at any level. Absolute Reversi takes the classic strategy game and updates it for the 21st century with three modes of play. Free Play mode lets you select one of eight characters with different abilities to play against. In Challenge mode, you are given missions to complete to advance in the game. With the third mode, you can play against a friend using DS Download Play. Additional features include a strategy guide, different ability levels and the "Assistance" function, which highlights all possible moves per turn.

"My Farm." For those little tykes who are too young for Facebook & Farmville.

Skydra

I'm still wondering why EarthBound hasn't got on there. Most people have already given up on it appearing...and heck, so many people would buy it!(I would...)

Rytmik looks like the best music creator for DS, and based on Nintendolife's review I 'll be getting it in September, along with Super Mario World on Virtual Console.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
Thought I quit this didn't you? :)

To be honest, I was hoping you had, since discussion of your negative comments always means we're to busy to actually talk about the games, but we all know it's hard to keep a bastard down.

Thriller

Its almost time
To be honest, I was hoping you had, since discussion of your negative comments always means we're to busy to actually talk about the games, but we all know it's hard to keep a bastard down.

Is there any reason someone else can't just take over? College work has started to eat away at my Mondays.

Yet, it's not like my negative comments will go away.

Cobalt_Latios

Is there any reason someone else can't just take over? College work has started to eat away at my Mondays.
I wouldn't mind doing this, though me forgetting is definitely a possibility. Still, I did keep up when the Wii version of Rock Band 2 was getting updated DLC.

Not saying that I should, but I wouldn't mind doing this. I just need the source of where all these updates are found.

Also, And Yet It Moves sounds like a neat game. I'll definitely add it to my list of WiiWare games I'm going to get.

C_L

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon

http://wii.ign.com/articles/111/1110602p1.html

Glad to see I know have back-up for my complaining.

IGN official? what planet do you live on?

Damn looking at "And Yet It Moves" make me wished that I brought some Wii points today ¬_¬

I'm still wondering why EarthBound hasn't got on there. Most people have already given up on it appearing...and heck, so many people would buy it!(I would...)

How many times will the question be asked?
Money says you've never owned a cartridge copy of Earthbound/Don't even know about the franchise.

Skydra

How many times will the question be asked?
Money says you've never owned a cartridge copy of Earthbound/Don't even know about the franchise.

I don't know about the franchise? I do,and I'll tell you what I know. It's a game in the Mother series in Japan, the second, and the first in US, so they gave it a different title. It's an RPG set in the real world starring a character called Ness. It's a cult hit. So there.

And yes I haven't owned it, which is the reason I want it on VC, of course. If I owned it on a super NES, I'd just play it there. I began with a gamecube, so you can't expect me to own it anyway. I don't want to spend a bunch of money and time tracking down EarthBound and a SNES.

And I wasn't asking anyone in the first place. I said wondering, not asking peope without any evidence I know nothing about it saying I don't.

So aside from that, Rytmik is really good. Just got it two days ago.