• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Virtual Console/WiiWare Discussion

ChuckNorris

Virtual Console is a lot better quality than the PSN PSX games IMO. When playing Crash Bandicoot (downloaded from PSN), it froze whenever I tried to save!

Chris

Old Coot

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
Yesterday, I found out that Super Adventure Island and Mega Man X was out on the VC. I haven't been on the VC in 2 years cuz there's nothing on there I wanted to download. But now I have an excuse to get back on again and download.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
Just wondering, if they decide to put Pokemon Red on the 3DS VC, wouldn't it be impossible to get Gengar, Machamp (unless yellow is VC'd instead), and Golem?

or would they do somthing to the games to remedy it?

Chris

Old Coot
Just wondering, if they decide to put Pokemon Red on the 3DS VC, wouldn't it be impossible to get Gengar, Machamp (unless yellow is VC'd instead), and Golem?

or would they do somthing to the games to remedy it?
They will never put the main Pokemon games on VC. Same reason Pokemon Stadiums 1 and 2 never appeared.

BCVM22

Is there any reason they don't? or is it just some unritten code Nintendo does?

What purpose would it serve to release games based around connectivity and linked play in a format that wouldn't allow them to do either?

And furthermore, why rerelease older titles at $5-$8 a piece completely unmodified when they can remake them a few years later and charge you full price for them?

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
True (but isn't LoZ: OoT VC and getting 3DS treatment though isn't it?) I allways figured putting them on the VC would sell, but totally kill the 'Connect' part of the originals.
(Though IMO I'd get both the classic and the Remake, just to play what started it all).
though my opinions don't fare well in buissness world.

Chris

Old Coot
True (but isn't LoZ: OoT VC and getting 3DS treatment though isn't it?) I allways figured putting them on the VC would sell, but totally kill the 'Connect' part of the originals.
(Though IMO I'd get both the classic and the Remake, just to play what started it all).
though my opinions don't fare well in buissness world.
-Nintendo 64
-GameCube (Wind Waker Pre-Order Bonus Disc, Collector's Edition Disc)
-Wii (Virtual Console)

That's four different ways of getting a hold of OoT, save for the 3DS remake, on three different platforms. Nintendo's already gotten people to pay for the same game several times. One more time on a newer platform isn't really surprising.

Look at Super Mario Bros. It's done the same thing.

-NES (Solo cartridge, SMB/Duck Hunt, SMB/DH/World Class Track Meet)
-Famicom Disk System
-Super Nintendo (Super Mario All-Stars, Super Mario All-Stars + Super Mario World)
-Game Boy Color (Super Mario Bros. Deluxe)
-Game Boy Advance (NES Classics Series)
-Wii (Virtual Console)

Chris

Old Coot
Last edited:

Chris

Old Coot
Since Taito's owned by Square-Enix, it's pretty much dependent on when they want to release it. SE's particularly stingy with its releases on VC, seeing how long it took for them to actually release Chrono Trigger on there while we've not seen a single Dragon Quest game, nor do we have Final Fantasy VI yet. Doesn't even look like we'll ever see Secret of Evermore get a re-release, either.

scubajoffrey

The Joffrey Master
I don't use virtual console that much mostly because of the fact that I have all the game systms and their games.