• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Virtual Console/WiiWare Discussion

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
New Earthworm Jim game coming to WiiWare, XBLA, and PSN. It's not exactly clear whther it's a remake of entirely new, but I look forward to it!

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
Here's yesterday's NA update.

Choosing a game to download from the Wii Shop Channel or Nintendo DSi Shop can be a little like taking a personality test. Do you like mystery and surprises? A new WiiWare game offers elements of magic and pop-up excitement. Are you an extrovert who craves the spotlight? Try a Nintendo DSiWare title that turns players into rock stars. Do you crave competition and fierce action? Choose from a new car racing game or a bona fide martial-arts classic. Or maybe you're more of a brainiac? Check out the sudoku-themed installment in the popular Brain Age series. This week's new downloadable games offer something for players of any disposition.

WiiWare
PictureBook Games: Pop-Up Pursuit
Publisher: Nintendo
Players: 1-4
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone)
Price: 800 Wii Points
Description: Enter the world of PictureBook Games: Pop-Up Pursuit and enjoy a family board game set in a pop-up picture book. Instead of simply rolling dice to move along the map, you'll use cards (which can help or hinder progress) and coins (useful for buying more cards, but don't forget about your Coin Bonus at the end of the game). Spaces on the map play an important role in the game's outcome, and your computer-controlled opponents exhibit different personalities and behavior. Occasionally, the mysterious Book of Magick will be opened, causing an event that may change according to how you play. This mixture of exciting game play and charming, artistic atmosphere give Pop-Up Pursuit high replay value and unique depth—even if its characters are flat.
Family Slot Car Racing
Publisher: Aksys Games
Players: 1-2
Price: 500 Wii Points
Description: Daddy, Mommy, Sarah and Billy are putting the pedal to the metal in Family Slot Car Racing. Race through three racing circuits, each composed of multiple racetracks and even bonus tracks. You can race against a friend for some friendly one-on-one racing action. Choose among multiple slot cars with varying designs to see which car has the best grip and speed. As you progress, you'll unlock new courses and even new slot cars to help you reach the top of the racing circuit. Do you have it in you to be the fastest racer on four wheels?

Virtual Console
The Revenge of Shinobi
Original platform: SEGA Genesis
Publisher: SEGA
Players: 1
ESRB Rating: E10+ (Everyone 10 and Older) - Fantasy Violence
Description: This classic SEGA Genesis platformer features Musashi, a ninja out to defeat the evil Neo Zeed and his criminal empire. In this sequel to the arcade favorite Shinobi, traverse through various districts - from the bamboo forests of Japan to the streets of New York City - and fight incoming enemies by throwing Shurikens, performing special ninjutsu moves and slashing a katana sword. Battle against unique bosses at the last stage of each district and make your way to the final match with your nemesis, Neo Zeed.

Nintendo DSiWare
Brain Age Express: Sudoku
Publisher: Nintendo
Price: 500 Nintendo DSi Points
Description: Sudoku takes center stage in this edition of the popular Brain Age series. Solve a variety of puzzles at three different skill levels using the touch screen and an intuitive interface. Track your progress by completing three tests and finding out your Brain Age. The unique charm of the Brain Age series and the challenge of sudoku make for an enjoyable combination. Prepare for another round of training your brain in minutes a day.
Guitar Rock Tour
Publisher: Gameloft
Players: 1-4
Price: 500 Nintendo DSi Points
Description: If you like rock music and have a sense of rhythm, your road to stardom starts here. Guitarist or drummer - choose your path and fire up the most famous concert stages with your band. For beginners or music experts, the engaging game play provides hours of fun. Tap the touch screen or press buttons to the beat of your favorite songs. Keep your cool in front of a hyped-up crowd and don't miss a note. Warm up your fingers and prepare your ears for the explosive track list of Guitar Rock Tour, mixing recent hits like "Girlfriend," "In the Shadow" and "Banquet" with rock classics like "Beat It," "Rock You Like a Hurricane" and more. Use the Nintendo DSi Camera to take a photo of yourself or your friends, then display it onstage and receive goodies at your effigy. A new rock idol is born!

linkeh

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
I've only rented the N64 version. I remember it being fun, but I don't remember what the objective was or whatnot.

Thriller

Its almost time
Pilotwings 64 was an awesome experience. It truly quenches anyones need to fly with no limit.

I never did the missions, I just flew around and enjoyed the scenery.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
Oh lord. ANOTHER brain training game?

Technically, it's just Sudoku with the Brain Training/Brain Age label slapped on there. Might think of getting this one, since Sudoku is Sudoku, and I've yet to get Brain Age for the Sudoku like I thought I would.

And hell, it's only $5.

Blazios

Also, just got this thing called Flipnote Studio. Looks so much like Moving Memopad.

That's probably because it is. They changed the name.

Well, Europe got Pilotwings and Minis March Again today. The fact that the Minis are now uncontrollable changes the game so much...

Cobalt_Latios

Went on vacation, so I'm a little late with updating. However...

Rock Band 2 Wii-kly tracklist said:
This Week's Releases (08/18/09):

25 Songs this week, including:

Gorillaz: Clint Eastwood
Gorillaz: Feel Good Inc.
Gorillaz: Re-Hash

Janis Joplin: Piece of My Heart

Jefferson Airplane: White Rabbit

The Band: Chest Fever (Live)

The Who: Magic Bus (Live at Leeds)

Red Hot Chili Peppers: Apache Rose Peacock
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Blood Sugar Sex Magik
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Breaking The Girl
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Funky Monks
Red Hot Chili Peppers: I Could Have Lied
Red Hot Chili Peppers: If You Have to Ask
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Mellowship Slinky in B Major
Red Hot Chili Peppers: My Lovely Man
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Naked in the Rain
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Sir Psycho Sexy
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Suck My Kiss
Red Hot Chili Peppers: The Greeting Song
Red Hot Chili Peppers: The Power of Equality
Red Hot Chili Peppers: The Righteous & the Wicked
Red Hot Chili Peppers: They’re Red Hot
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Under the Bridge

Megasus: Megasus *

Honest Bob and the Factory-to-Dealer Incentives: Entangled *

Next Week's (08/25/09) DLC:

Blind Melon: No Rain

Blur: There's No Other Way

Dropkick Murphys: I'm Shipping Up to Boston

Eve 6: Inside Out

Foo Fighters: All My Life
Foo Fighters: I'll Stick Around
Foo Fighters: Lonely As You

Kaiser Chiefs: I Predict a Riot

Belly: Feed the Tree

Ghost Hounds: Wind Me Up

Godsmack: I Stand Alone

Grateful Dead: Cold Rain and Snow
Grateful Dead: Doin' That Rag
Grateful Dead: Don't Ease Me In
Grateful Dead: Fire on the Mountain
Grateful Dead: Hell in a Bucket

James Gang: Funk #49

Mute Math: Typical

Rob Zombie: War Zone

Turbonegro: Wasted Again

White Zombie: Black Sunshine
White Zombie: More Human Than Human
There, that takes care of things.

<C_L>

swimteam09

"Vas up!I'm Bruno!"
Wii ware has some good game, but other than that it's kind of lacking.

Rhonin the wizard

Games released on 24/8/2009 in NA:
Virtual Console

Super Empire Strikes Back™
Original platform: Super NES™
Publisher: LucasArts
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) – Fantasy Violence
Description: Pursued across the galaxy, Rebel forces now marshal new strength on the remote ice world of Hoth. Though tracked by probe droids, attacked by ice monsters and confronted by an army of gigantic Imperial Walkers, you must not give in. You are the Alliance’s only hope. Learn the ways of the Force, then test your skills in this fast-paced, action-packed sequel to the hit game Super Star Wars.

WiiWare

Mr. DRILLER® W
Publisher: NBGI
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) – Comic Mischief
Price: 800 Wii Points™
Description: Mr. Driller W is the newly updated version of the exciting game that challenges players with level upon level of frantic underground drilling action. Experience more than 20 varied stages and missions. Drill through a seemingly endless onslaught of colored blocks while avoiding falling obstacles and strategically managing your air supply. Multiple degrees of difficulty now challenge everyone from novices to hardcore Mr. Driller veterans. A tutorial will even help first-time players learn the rules quickly and easily. Vibrant graphics, engaging game play and loads of characters make this a modern twist on a gaming masterpiece.

Nintendo DSiWare

Pop+ Solo™
Publisher: Nnooo
Price: 500 Nintendo DSi Points™
Description: Pop bubbles, build chains and try to keep the timer alive in this awesome puzzle/shooter. Pop your way through 16 waves of bubbles in Adventure, Normal or Advanced modes. Race against the clock in a one-, two- or five-minute run. Try the new Bonus Round mode, where each bonus round can be played in three, five or 10 rounds of increasing difficulty. Or just chill out in the relaxing Chill mode with no score or time pressures to worry about. Pop+ Solo comes to the Nintendo DSi™ system with eight modes and five bonus rounds, plus plenty of new badges to collect. Adventure mode introduces some new elements to the game with mines, golden fish, jets of water and four boss battles. The new Challenge mode lets you create and customize your own challenges to play again and again.
Source

swimteam09

"Vas up!I'm Bruno!"
So you're saying that like any media platform, some of its titles are good and some aren't?

Bold analysis there, son.

What I mean by that, is that it has a handful of good ones, while there are allot of bad ones.

awlccl123

Super Empire Strikes Back, too? Now they just need Super Return of the Jedi, which is my personal favorite of the three Super Star Wars games.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
I'd be willing to bet we'll get it within the next 2 weeks.