• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Visitor Messages & You, A Guide To Use

Yoshifan22

not a fan?
I noticed that yesturday!
I was wondering when they added that too o_O
Nice idea ^^

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
say i noticed a while back that that people who are on the ignore list can still post offensive material on it that others can still read, is there anything that can be done to prevent them from putting up a visitormessage?

some sort of list like the ignore list that disables the ability to post visitormessages for people who are in that list.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
say i noticed a while back that that people who are on the ignore list can still post offensive material on it that others can still read, is there anything that can be done to prevent them from putting up a visitormessage?

some sort of list like the ignore list that disables the ability to post visitormessages for people who are in that list.
I know this is from almost a year ago buuuuut

if you set it to just "Registered Users" as the privacy, from what I've heard that means people on your Ignore List can't do that either, only people who are not guests and not on your ignore list can do the particular action. I wouldn't know since I only have one person on my ignore list and I'm not talking to him anytime soon and I can't have anyone test it on me.

NimhShambler

Some Broke Machine
I had a visitor message on here and it just...disappeared. I don't know what happened. I tried to read it and I had to sign off, because this site was acting a little wonky on my computer, and when I came back--poof! it was gone! It was from someone called "JXValentine"...I didn't get to see what it said. What happened to it?

~Nemmeh ;107;

White Wizard

Hundred acre Woods
my signateur is so messed i dont know what to do :(

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
Thank you for the guide Zephyr Flare. This came in handy for me :)

Tyranitar Terror

Tyranitar Trainer
Its fairly self explantry anyway.
But a nice guide.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
A reminder - you can delete any VMs on your profile page! Select the post via the box in the top right-hand corner and scroll down to see a drop-down list and select 'delete message/s' or whatever it says, it is simple enough to follow. By all means report if the person who posted the VM isn't banned and is trolling before deleting (note mods can see deleted VMs)- otherwis please delete the VM yourself - if it is banned we already dealt with its posts/threads or are about to, although VMs you can do yourself to save us a bit of time. =)

Last edited:

Shuckle

EverydayI'mShucklin'
I hate spambots. Could somebody please remove this clown? This is the announcement section, after all.

hawkmbl

Curious
I hate spambots. Could somebody please remove this clown? This is the announcement section, after all.

Serebii stated himself many times he is trying hard to do so, but since he can not do what many other forum owners are doing due to the fact it would make disabled people unable to come on (Custom profile fields or registration questions) it is very hard to accomplish that. Just ignore them.

Just a question about VMs, but how do you set it so you can approve them only? I was thinking of doing that seeing how many I have...

Social groups question

Apologies if this is the wrong thread to ask this but when you make a private social group, is there any way to make sure the uninvited people don't find out about it? I know they can't post in it, but they can access it by going onto the profile of someone who is invited and seeing the groups they are in. So is there any way to prevent this?

Pokémon Trainer Xande

Yu-Gi-Oh Duelist
Just for knowing:

I can delete the VMs in my page, right?

Nyter

Island Challenger
I like this, but I always accidently end up posting in my own page instead of replying to the visitor who posted to me.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Is there any way to permanently delete VMs, so nothing like that shows up? I have deleted some on my profile, not because it's spam but because some are clogging up my page. If a mod could go to my page and perm-delete the ones I have solf-deleted that would be great.

Sorry, I was mistaken: nobody can see the messages you deleted (except possibly mods) and YOU will see the "message deleted by username" thing. So if I were to go to your profile right now, I wouldn't even notice any deleted VM's.