1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Vital Spirit glitch?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation III Discussion' started by Ceol_SF, Oct 6, 2012.

1. Ceol_SF

Ceol_SF Veteran

I considered posting this in the "Official Glitch Report Thread", but the lack of activity there made me think making a new thread would be better... let me know if I should have posted there, instead.

So. I started a new game on my copy of LeafGreen today, and made it to Nugget Bridge. While fighting the fifth trainer (Camper Ethan), something weird happened: my pikachu was paralyzed by his mankey's Vital Spirit.

One of the first posts in the glitch report thread has a picture of a wild spearow's Keen Eye doing the same thing to that player's pikachu (which made me wish I'd thought to take a picture). I'm guessing there's just an in-game glitch that causes Static to backfire, somehow. This hasn't ever happened even once to me before, though, and I've played through the game several times on FireRed with a pikachu/raichu on my team. To be honest, I was kind of concerned about my game and considered resetting, but decided against it. I figure that kind of glitch isn't going to screw up anything major. At least, I hope.

Anyway, I was wondering if anything similar has ever happened to anyone else out there, or if I should be concerned that my cartridge is about to die, or something (it is almost eight years old).