• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Viva la Vida is back with an OU RMT!!!!

Viva la Vida

Shibuya player
Got myself another copy of Platinum after the sad disaster of me losing my previous copy. Oh well... Anyway, without further ado, my brand spankin' new team:

swampert.png

Swampert@Leftovers
~ Stealth Rock
~ Earthquake
~ Ice Beam
~ Roar

Nature: Relaxed

240 HP / 216 Def / 52 SpD

My Swampert lead. It Stealth Rocks and then fights whatever dares challenge it. It can Protect to scout whether the opposition has a Grass move ready or not, EQ for STAB and Ice Beam for the Many Dragons in today's Metagame. It gets wish support as well as many Pokemon who can block Grass moves.

Forretress.png

Forretress@Shed Shell

~ Spikes
~ Rapid Spin
~ Payback / Gyro Ball
~ Explosion

Nature: Impish

252 HP / 112 Atk / 144 Def

Rapid Spinner/Wall, pretty standard Forretress. No Toxic Spikes since many teams are practically completely Immune. Rapid Spin to clear my side of the field for Gyara and Mixape, and Explosion to end a pontenially game ending sweep. Payback can damage spin blockers but Gyro Ball is a powerful STAB move that can be damaging to Gengar, the only spin blocker it would stay in against. So more toward Gyro Ball, but Payback is an option. Shed Shell allows it to escape from Magnezone, who can OHKO with HP Fire.

infernape.png

Infernape@Life Orb

~ Flamethrower
~ Close Combat
~ Grass Knot
~ Hidden Power Ice/Vacuum Wave

Nature: Hasty

64 Atk / 252 SpA / 192 Spe

Standard Specially Based Mixape. Flamethrower because of more accuracy/PP, Close Combat because it badly hurts anything not resisting it, and Grass Knot for mainly Swampert and other Bulky waters. The final move can either be HP Ice so Dragonite and Flygon don't tear Infernape a new one, but the IV breeding is annoying. Vacuum Wave it a good revenge killing move with STAB.

togekiss.png

Togekiss@Leftovers

~ Thunder Wave
~ Wish
~ Air Slash
~ Aura Sphere

Nature: Timid

252 HP / 20 Def / 236 Spe

Support Kiss. Wish because my team needs some healing support. Thunder Wave because it's a pain for any pokemon to receive. Air Slash because it's a powerful STAB move, and the move is either Aura Sphere for good type coverage or Shadow Ball so that the Rotom Appliances don't wreck Forretress and Spin Block him.

gyarados.png

Gyarados@Leftovers

~ Rest
~ Sleep Talk
~ Waterfall
~ Earthquake

Nature:Impish

248 HP / 248 Def / 12 Spe

Restalker Bulky Gyarados. First two moves explain themselves. Waterfall is a powerful STAB move. EQ is there for Type coverage and so Gyara has a 66.6% chance of an offensive move coming up during Sleep Talk

heracross.png

Heracross@Choice Scarf

~ Megahorn
~ Close Combat
~ Stone Edge
~ Night Slash

Nature:Jolly

252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

Choice Scarf Heracross is the physical Sweeper. There is enough Flying Resistance on my team to support Heracross. There is also a ton of Fire resistance as wellalready set for Forretress. Megahorn and Close Combat both provide powerful STAB moves. Stone Edge is for Gyarados and other Flying menaces. Night Slash is mainly for the Rotom forms. I am still debating changing the nature to Adamant, but Joly works fine for now.

Art is from a little place called Arkies.com.

So Rate my Team and I'll do you a solid to rate your team if you want.

Also, anyone have a Mudkip they can trade me? Need it for my team. Don't care bout nature, just need one.

Changes in BOLD.

Last edited:
For Swampert, run Earthquake/Ice Beam/Roar/Stealth Rock. Also, may I ask what your EVs are doing?

The only other thing I see is Electivire. Physical EVire kinda stinks. If you really want to use EVire, try a mixed set.

Electivire@Expert Belt
Mild
Motor Drive
EVs: 252 SpA, 36 Atk, 220 Spe
Moves:
-Thunderbolt
-HP Grass
-Cross Chop
-Flamethrower

Hope this helps! And good luck with the team!

4kjayhawks

I do it for tha hood
You should really decide on moves before posting, since I can't really rate your team as well.

I second MixPert, it'll work much better for you.

Lefties > Wacan Berry on Gyra. It doesn't really do much since a lot of electric attacks will KO you anyways.

As far as threat-wise, DD Tyranitar with Fire Punch/ Stone Edge/ Crunch can easily sweep you since you can't rely on your lead to be healthy. To fix this, you could switch Infernape to a Scarf version, since you already have a mixed sweeper in Elevtivire.

GL with the team

Viva la Vida

Shibuya player
@jesusfreak: Evire was kinda placeholder, thinking about replacing it with Heracross for Physical Sweeper:

Heracross@Choice Scarf

~ Megahorn
~ Close Combat
~ Stone Edge
~ Night Slash

Nature: Jolly

252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

Also, I will run Mixpert since it seems that it would be best for me.

@4kjayhawks If I can find another Lefties than I definitely will

Also, don't underestimate Swampert. He has Wish support and on top of that he also can switch into Forretress or Togekiss if Threatenned by a Grass Move.

Thx for the helps guys, will edit.

Remember that EVire set I gave you? I just realized that it really threatens your team now. If someone is using EVire, then it's probably going to be that set. If problems arise, then you may want to go with Earthquake on Heracross to revenge kill it. Just a thought.

Pathfinder

No Angel
Remember that EVire set I gave you? I just realized that it really threatens your team now. If someone is using EVire, then it's probably going to be that set. If problems arise, then you may want to go with Earthquake on Heracross to revenge kill it. Just a thought.

Heracross doesn't need EQ to revenge kill E-Vire when CC/Megahorn should KO it already. The team is also pretty Zapdos weak as well D:.

Scarf Tar would probably fit better in your team than Hera and would help with your Zapdos problem , and you can go EQ over Superpower on it if you're overly considered with things like Heatran , Evire , and etc.

Last edited:

xLilith

Genesis
EQ for STAB and Ice Beam for the Many Dragons in today's Metagame.
there's like four that aren't banned.

Anyways

A bit Starmie weak. Hera is an alright check, but it won't like switching in to a LO STAB Hydro Pump. Try testing it over, well, I'm not quite sure but try it over Togekiss.

The team is a bit BulkyDos weak. ScarfTar would work, but like Heracross it's like a shaky check due to it's weakness to Hydro Pump. LO Starmie is just too good.

Consider Chesto Rest Kingdra over Heracross, it's able to check Heatran, Tyranitar (sort of), and sort of shrug off Starmie's attacks and KO with Outrage.

Kingdra @ Lum/Chesto Berry
evs: 144 HP / 160 Atk / 40 SpD / 164 Spe

~Rest
~Outrage
~Waterfall
~Dragon Dance

Starmie won't 2hko with Ice Beam, so you'll be able to get at least +1 against it. It goes well with Swampert, as well as Forry, who Kingdra can take fire hits for.

Romano

My advice is: Replace Togekiss' Aura Sphere with Heat Wave. I've done it in 2 of my teams,of which 1 is a normal OU team and the other a double Sunny day team and it works great against the common steel types,and has a chance to burn the opponent. That's some great damage and support too. You've made a really great team,congratulations!

xLilith

Genesis
Um, thing is, Aura Sphere is effective against most steel types as well, and he's got Scizor covered with Forretress.