1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Viva Las Lapras! (115)

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Orange League' started by Serebii, Oct 22, 2004.

1. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

Viva Las Lapras!

Heading back to Kanto after defeating the Orange League, Lapras discovers it's family and that they are under attack by Pirates and their Tentacruels...Can Ash & Lapras help save the School or will they be poached?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

2. Ryuu

Ryuu Guest

The release of Lapras...

This was a touching episode indeed. I didn't like the departure of Lapras at all. It was a good Pokemon and would have been useful to Ash.

3. Hales

Hales Guest

Yeah but Ash made a promise to Lapras right from the beginning... he'd help his pokemon find its family... I believe that if Lapras wanted to stay it would have, but it wanted to be with its family too.

Ash doesn't break his promises (except maybe way back with Pidgeot, but I blame the writers for that).

4. meggirl63

meggirl63 Guest

I laughed at the part where Ash mooned those pirates! hahahhahahaa

5. wobbanut

wobbanut Team Awesome

It was sad to see Lapras go, seeing how useful it had been for Ash and company during the Orange Islands, helping Ash beat gengar in the Orange League championship and riding the twerps around everywhere. I'm glad it did get back together with its family in this episode, but it was heartbreaking how the other lapras initially avoided contact with it because it was with humans. The lapras montage brought a tear to my eye too. At least we did get to see Lapras one more time after this. :)

I also liked Team Rocket in this episode. It was funny how the twerps were convinced that Team Rocket were the ones that were hurting the lapras, right while Team Rocket is in the emergency room behind them. I also liked when Jessie breathed fire at Misty when Misty ticked her off. :)

6. Aptenodytes

Aptenodytes Well-Known Member

darn too bad lapras had to go. ash always gives away his good pokemon or just leaves em with prof. oak. 10/10

7. JONNO.FRESH

JONNO.FRESH Well-Known Member

Ahh Traceys debut. Lapras was also really kool. Those kids where Pricks and Tracey was lol. Ahh Tracey needs more Screentime

8. Battra

Battra Well-Known Member

Enjoyed the episode, but it was sad to see Lapras go.

9. Pacman

Pacman Well-Known Member

To bad Ash didn't keep Lapras.

10. :( I was so sad to see Lapras go ;_;

11. Battra

Battra Well-Known Member

Watching Misty handle those pirates, she did such a good job wrecking their ship and tieing them up she'd make a good pirate to. It was nice to see Lapras finally find it's family, Lapras was a good Pokemon for Ash, it's sad to see it go, but at least it will actually make a return to the series late Johto unlike some of Ash's other Pokemon that never show up again after their let go.

12. (s.i.e)

(s.i.e) ★skydragon★

it's a good episode but i wish ash still had lapras along with him.

13. GoodPokemonTrainer121

GoodPokemonTrainer121 Yeah man!! :)

I like this episode
    it was sad.. =(
    i miss Lapras

14. kingkoopa1080

kingkoopa1080 Well-Known Member

Another one of those sad episodes. But i guess it made sense with the orange islands coming to a close that it was time to let lapras go. Still it could have been one of ash's more powerful pokemon.

15. Tadashi

Tadashi kiss my greens

I agree. Ash kept his promise to return Lapras to his family, and while I was really sad to see her go, I was also really happy that one of Ash's promises was fulfilled ^^

I even teared up when Lapras left... byebye, Lapras!

16. Igottapoo

Igottapoo In my nightmares

The way they were treating Lapras' was just awful. It was cool how they set all the Tentacruel free at the end.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2009
  17. Blue Snover

Blue Snover Cold as ice

I was sad that Lapras left, but Ash was right to let it go.

18. Littlemyuu

Littlemyuu Orig. Solar-Sceptile

Awwww, Lapras was a good Pokemon, im glad Lapras returned to his group

19. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

Wow, Tracey goes off to find Jenny and is hardly in the last half of this episode. Given this is the third to last episode of Orange, you could tell the writers were a little too eager to get rid of Tracey at this point. lol.

20. Ash-kid

Ash-kid Ash-kid

Great episode and little sad too...
    It was great to see Lapras's family, it was cool
    and lapras was very cute in the end.