• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Viva Las Lapras! (115)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I'll be completely honest; it was good.

I liked the whole pirate idea and the Tentacruel idea. It's been a long time since they added something new that was awesome.

I'm going to miss Lapras ;_; 9/10

Vernikova

Champion
I really liked Ash's line when Team Rocket was running away from Jenny and said "I wish they would jut keep going" or something like that. Anyway, it was nice to see Lapras earn it's way back into its group by fighting the Tentacruel and while I'm not a fan of bad accents, the pirate with the mega bad English accent made me laugh the whole episode.

G50

No longer posting
This was an ok episode... It was sad to see Lapras leave, I wish Ash could've kept it, but he did make the promise. I'm glad Lapras was finally back with its group and its mother. Lapras definitely proved itself to the group in this episode vs Tentacruel.

21/100

Fortunato

Sic Transit Gloria
lapras was so awesome ;-; she beasted it all the way through the orange league but it was nice to see her find her mom again (i dont know actual gender i just think lapras looks feminine) but overall a nice episode tugged at the old heart strings

hever

022611229PM
Lapras was awesome. I was surprised to see that it was just a baby Lapras. Those other Lapras are hecka huge. :( I'm going to miss him. Overall a very nice episode. I hate goodbyes, but this one is bittersweet.

8/10

Aquarelle

Staff member
I have mixed feelings about this episode. On one hand, it was nice that Lapras was re-united with its family. On the other hand, I've always really liked Lapras and was sad knowing that it wouldn't be on Ash's team anymore. Actually, the very first time I saw this episode was at a friend's house and both of us were pretty mad that Lapras left. :p

Blessed

This episode was sad, I didn't want Lapras to go... I feel like the writers just used it as a means of transportation around the Orange Islands and once that was done that's it, it had to leave. Well, I'm happy it got reunited with its Mother. Misty handling those pirates was enjoyable and funny to see.

Last edited:
This episode was sad I didn't want Lapras to go I feel like the writers just used it as a ride around the orange islands and once that was done that's it it had to leave well i'm happy it got reunited with its mother. & Misty handling those pirates was funny.

I also think Lapras was only used for transport, and that the writers didn't have other reasons to introduce it... That makes me so sad, because I love Ash's Lapras! This was so sad! I love Lapras, he's so cute! I always cry when watching this episode. 1/10 for the writers being so horribly mean for ditching Lapras like that... Sure, it's good that Lapras got reunited with his family, but that doesn't make it more sad to me and other Lapras fans... One good thing: unlike Butterfree and Pidgeot, Lapras had a return episode in Jotho...

Calamity™

aka Lamia
It's Electrode
That was sort of mean of the other Lapras at the start to attack. And I like how Ash still doesn't understand the relationship between water and electricity. The end of this was really sweet, seeing Lapras and her mother reunited. It's a shame Lapras left in the end, it was my favourite Pokémon of Ash's. Such a sad yet great episode. :<

7threst

This episode was quite emotional. Lapras helped Ash the previous episode with winning the Cup and now it unfortunately, but understandably, had to leave. [SPOIl] Luckily, we did saw good old Lapras again in Johto. [/SPOIL]

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Lapras should have been given to Misty instead. Since the parents didn't want the Pokemon at first, Ash could have gave it to someone who would benefit from floating around in water.

Aww. Bye Lapras. After re-watching the show, I've grown fond of Lapras. Now it has to go. It was nice seeing its family. I wonder if Lapras is a girl or boy though. I think it's a girl, but I'm probably wrong.

NPT

Just a member
This episode was quite sad. It's nice to see Lapras reunite with it's family, but I didn't want it to go. Lapras was the main group's transportation, it also played a major part in Ash's battle against Drake. Oh well, I guess this is for the best. I'm glad Ash kept his promise that he made to Lapras.

Last edited:
Just when I was starting to like Ash's Lapras he has to give it up. :(
But he did promise to return it to it's family if they ever found them. And they did.

Still sad that Lapras had to go, though :(

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I yelled in rage when Ash's Lapras found its mom and that other Lapras refused to let them reunite by using Mist. I cackled when TR showed up in bandages, and seeing those ratchet Tentacruel harass the innocent Lapras made me see red. At the very least, I appreciated that the pirates were aiming actual cannonballs at Ash and friends. That was hardcore.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
At first I assumed that the teal Lapras was a shiny ha ha. The pod of Lapras fleeing from Ash's group was kind of sad and that pirate dude and his crew were even more cruel than Team rocket. I was sad to see Lapras leave Ash. :(

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I was really sad when Ash released Lapras so it could reunite with its family and it was really touching. Such an important Pokémon in Ash's travels around the Orange Islands. Goodbye, Lapras. Otherwise, nice.

Lexya428

Pokèmon Master
Lapras is one of my favorite water types and always has been since generation one. I mean, look at it. It looks like an adorable locness monster. This episode gave me mixed emotions seeing Lapras leave. I also enjoyed seeing Lapras carry everyone around prior, so Larpas will be missed.