• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Viva Las Lapras! (115)

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Lapras is one of my favorite water types and always has been since generation one. I mean, look at it. It looks like an adorable locness monster. This episode gave me mixed emotions seeing Lapras leave. I also enjoyed seeing Lapras carry everyone around prior, so Larpas will be missed.

To me he was such an adorable pokemon and I was kind of devastated that he left, but still kind of happy that he found his mommy. It's very bittersweet.

JudySpell

Banned
Tentacruel has become my most hated Water type after this episode after the way they kept harassing the poor Lapras group. 7/10

UmbrionKnight

This is one of my favorite episodes. Seeing baby Lapras reunite with mommy Lapras is amazing. Ash did the right thing. Even though he makes so many mistakes, his heart carries him through his bad qualities, which is why it tends to burn me up when people belittle Ash. No one is perfect, and we shouldn't hold him to higher standards than we would ourselves.

Leonhart

Imagineer
My heart broke when Laplace's family swam away from it, although their fear of humans was acceptable since poachers constantly attacked the school of Laplace. Debo and Gari using a group of Dokukurage to harass the Laplace was downright wrong, but I'm so happy that Laplace was reunited with its mother.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
*Sniff* It was sad to see Lapras go, seeing how useful it had been for Ash and co. during the Orange Islands saga. I'm glad it did get back together with its family in this episode though, but it was heartbreaking how the other Lapras initially avoided contact with it because it was with humans. :c

Alloutℯ

Banned
So Ash let his Lapras go, even when he had raised it himself for so long. Out of Ash's releases, this one hurt the most since I loved Lapras.

Leonhart

Imagineer
In retrospect, this episode made me realize just how badly the writers handled Dokukurage during the OS saga, because this was the second time that we had seen Dokukurage act as villains. Sadly, this trend would continue in every saga.

Daizy

I call you honey
Why did Ash even release Lapras when it had bonded so well with him? I dislike sappy endings, so the release made me angry.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Why did Ash even release Lapras when it had bonded so well with him? I dislike sappy endings, so the release made me angry.

Laplace finding its family was always Satoshi's goal as far as helping Laplace, so even as sad as this farewell was, we kind of knew all along that it was bound to happen.

Daizy

I call you honey
Laplace finding its family was always Satoshi's goal as far as helping Laplace, so even as sad as this farewell was, we kind of knew all along that it was bound to happen.

But by this point Lapras had grown up so much so him still leaving was kind of a slap to the face of Ash and fans who had cared about Lapras' development so far.

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
I will always remember this episode as being the first one that showed a pirate crew even though they were mainly just poachers in dress up clothes. I was sad when Ash's Lapras got rejected by its herd, but I was kinda relieved that Lapras rejoined them in the end because he wouldn't have had a purpose staying with Ash after the Orange islands.

Leonhart

Imagineer
BTS_fan said:
he wouldn't have had a purpose staying with Ash after the Orange islands.

That's true since Jouto didn't have water routes other than the Whirlpool Islands. Laplace being a marine Pokemon would've hindered its screen-time had it stayed with Satoshi after the Orange Islands episodes.

Lapras leaving was something that I knew was coming but it still made me sad to see it happen. The fact that Ash even stumbled on Lapras's family was a little hard to believe since the ocean is so vast but I thought that Ash's dedication to reuniting Lapras with its family was sweet. I hated the poachers since they were even more cruel than Jessie, James & Meowth which says alot. My favorite part was when Lapras jumped out of the way dramatically. 8/10

Leonhart

Imagineer
Firefo×Fennekin said:
The fact that Ash even stumbled on Lapras's family was a little hard to believe since the ocean is so vast

I think that the pod of wild Laplace that Satoshi's Laplace had gotten separated from was mentioned to have been native to the Orange Archipelago, so it wasn't unrealistic that they were still in the area.

Lapras wasn't needed now that Ash was ready to leave the orange islands so it made alot of sense that the writer would find a way to make Lapras go away.

It could have stayed at the lab in Pallet Town but it looks like the easiest way to get rid of it was to have it meet its family again.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
I always wondered why Lapras' mom let the herd leader keep her away from her baby. Like why didn't she just leave the herd and reunite with her child instead of putting up with the leader's tyrannical rule?

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ubermuk said:
I always wondered why Lapras' mom let the herd leader keep her away from her baby. Like why didn't she just leave the herd and reunite with her child instead of putting up with the leader's tyrannical rule?

I assume that the species are like pack animals, so they follow the command of their pod leader as a survival instinct.