1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Viz Media Missing Chapters X Y

Discussion in 'Pokémon Manga Discussion' started by TheScentedApple, Aug 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheScentedApple

TheScentedApple Well-Known Member

Hi all,
    was reading the XY chapter (in english) and noticed that Y had obtained a Sylveon all of a sudden. So I did some looking around and realised that I wasn't crazy, she had actually evolved it from an Eevee but this chapter didn't seem to be in english. There was also another case where Essentia mentions she destroyed the Tower of Mastery but there was no chapter that held this either.
    So I'd just like to ask, what happened? Why are they not included?

2. e9310103838

e9310103838 Well-Known Member

Because it's from the advance volume (mini volume) in Japan. This is not included the plot in Pokemon Fan. ;300;

3. Coronis

Coronis In lucid awakening Staff Member Moderator

Chapters that were serialized in the Pokemon Fan were not included in the mini volume releases in Japan, which were the basis of the English translations. A total of 7 Pokemon Fan chapters are therefore missing from the Japanese and thus English mini volumes.

Coronis~

4. TheScentedApple

TheScentedApple Well-Known Member

Oh okay, thank you very much

5. blob

blob Well-Known Member

The Mini Volumes aren't canon and are just there to for people who can't wait for B2W2 arc to be finished before reading XY.

6. lolipiece

lolipiece Ya did good, Twerp. Staff Member Moderator

Excuse me? What? Non-canon?

No, that is not how it works. They just wanted a way for people to read the series in volume format without the 2+ year wait that's been the standard for years now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.