• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Viz re-released Pokemon Adventures in the U.S.!

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
In fact, the nicest addition is the set of extras after the chapters. It includes a nifty little "Red's Pokedex" section, which summarizes how many Pokemon he has caught and seen up until that point, along with how many badges he obtained, and finally, small profiles on Poliwrath, Pikachu, and Bulbasaur. In addition, there's an "Adventure Map" and a small section of notes from Hidenori Kusaka.

Those aren't additions, they were in the original release too.

vtommy1

Yup...same here my school library apparently has Vol 1 too. And they weren't there. D:
But yup they were at the original releases. I mean even the Chuang-yi manga translations had them as I've read in that foxy place. xD

A bit late but...

I hope they do not change the release dates on the manga.

I will buy them online just to save myself from the stares of the haters.

Oh please... Be proud that you are a PokeSupe fan, whack (or just show them) the manga in their face and point out the massive plot difference and quite mature tinge of PokeSupe to them. It's not like the anime you know...that's technically hard to defend on "haters."

Anyways it's their loss...missing out on a whole genre or means of communication by making fun of the fandom.

Last edited:

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
It's not like the anime you know...that's technically hard to defend on "haters."

That's not hard at all. It's more mature than Winnie the Pooh and it's perfectly acceptable for adults to like that, right?

Briankelly130

Hey it has much more darker content then both the Anime and games so it's not all that childish

vtommy1

That's not hard at all. It's more mature than Winnie the Pooh and it's perfectly acceptable for adults to like that, right?

Yes it's fine. What I meant was that the repetitive plot and overall child-like feel gives great amounts of ammunition to "haters" to use against you. D:

But eh At least a good amount of the TeenAge Population like the fandom stuff so it's rare to see people use the ammunition. XD

Asrialys

Well, they did cut the price, make it R-L, revamp the typing, layout, and all of those other things, so I'm still going to get it. Who cares if Green is Blue and Blue is Green? Viz will realize their mistake come FRLG, and they'll have to use "FireRed and WaterBlue". Oh well.

That would result in an utter breakdown. Green(or blue to those who only know of the great viz screw up of the 90s) has a charizard and red a venusaur. If green(blue) where to get a blastoise how did red end up with it? And where is this magical waterblue version. This is the only thing that will be confusing only if they decide to go that far/

Hye, why don't you tell VIZ about it? It'll probably look bad, but I honestly wouldn't mind the names being switched back to the original in future Volume 1+ presses if it meant proper clarity.

I haven't read far into Pokemon Adventures at all, so I don't know if there's any actual significance. But if there is significance other than the "FRLG" title indicating that the books will cover that part of the games, then maybe VIZ should know about it. They probably don't know, considering how far into the series FRLG is.

WheelerTheViper

Procrastinate Today!
Are the name changes really a big deal? The only problem seems to be the whole "FireRed/LeafGreen" thing much later in the series. I don't know a whole lot about what goes on with that bit, but did the whole FR/LG really have any plot significance besides Frenzy Plant and Blast burn? I think it would be easy to cover that up.

I seem to be the only one that thinks that the Blue/Green name switch is an improvement :|

I seem to be the only one that thinks that the Blue/Green name switch is an improvement :|

I don't really see how it's an "improvement", but that may just be me. As someone mentioned earlier, if Viz ever sees the need they can just flip the names over at a later date, if they feel it is necessary (like the FRLG joke).

Anyway, I home from work tonight and to my surprise, Volume 1 came in the mail. :) I just finished chapter 3, and thus far it is great. I haven't read the beginning volumes in a while so it's a nice refresher.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
I don't really see how it's an "improvement", but that may just be me. As someone mentioned earlier, if Viz ever sees the need they can just flip the names over at a later date, if they feel it is necessary (like the FRLG joke).
We in the USA know "Gary" as Blue. So I guess for some the name is fine.

Rex Kamex

I GOTS IT!!!

I KNEW that they wouldn't change anything name-wise.

Honestly, were you really expecting that, people?

People generally weren't expecting a right-to-left re-release of the series from Viz either.

I don't see how the name change is an improvement, cause those aren't the guy and girl's names! I still say that if they're going to do a "fresh start" by re-releasing the series and having them flip the pages back (although that's a given anyway, since Viz start translating new series while flipping the pages).

If the writers wanted to name the guy Blue and the girl Green, they would've done so, but they didn't. Nintendo of America released the first two Pokemon games as Red and Blue, but then they released the remakes as FireRed and LeafGreen. If they could do that, Viz could've done the same thing when doing the re-releases of this series. Like I said months ago, Viz could've wrote a little note about the whole name thing. Kids wouldn't go into convulsions if they use the original names.

I assume though, that Viz'll fix that mistake in the third volume where the guy is called "Green" and the girl is called "Blue."

They could, but that really would make things confusing, as if they were to change Zoro's name of "Zolo" back to "Zoro" in One Piece. Flipping the names back in the middle of releasing this series would cause more confusion than if they just flipped them in the first place.

In any case, my two requests for the re-release for them to have it left to right and call the guy Green and the girl Blue. I'm glad that one of my requests was granted, but that was the one I figured was more likely to happen anyway. And, of course, I'm glad that the series is being re-released. And for the extras at the end of the volume. Although if they were going to have the extras, they might as well have had the names changed back.

Anyway, I'm still calling the guy Green and the girl Blue, and I'm still buying the re-release of the series. (At least I'll be looking at the pages the way they were designed to be looked at.)

EDIT: Although I am disappointed that the guy's name is not Green, I can't say I'm surprised. (It wouldn't have been surprising which name they chose.) Aaaaaaaaaaand I must say that the right-to-left format was the thing I was hoping a little bit more. Because as much as I dislike the guy-being-Blue-and-vise-versa thing, that only matters when their names are being called. The right-to-left thing affects the whole series, and I just know that if they called the guy Green and the girl Blue but released the series left-to-right I'd be even mooooooooooooooooore disappointed. (Although I wish, with the current release we have now, that Viz still wrote a note about the Blue and Green switch.)

EDIT2: OH SNAP! Anyway... they left some Japanese writing on that Pokemon newsletter thingy in Chapter 10...

Last edited:

SolarBean

Deuterostome Club
Yeah, I got this in the mail yesterday, and its lovely.

I really don't give a care that the rival is Blue. Build a bridge, and get over it. It's merely one name!