• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

VIZ will release the Ruby & Sapphire arc!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt0044

So I guess that other cover was just a sort of prototype or something.

Flintoff Cypress

Premium Ice Cream
Something is very off with that artwork, but I can't put my finger on it. My memory is a little fuzzy, was this an image from the actual chapters themselves or was this something made just for Viz by someone trying to impersonate Yamamoto's art style?

...Wait a minute, Ruby's eye is supposed to be ruby-colored! Whoever colored this used the Sugimori artwork for Brendan as a reference instead of looking at Yamamoto's colored Ruby artwork!

Jazzy-Strings

Aggression
Bloody hell YES!!!!!!!! I read this arc on mangahere but I an soooooo buying the volumes!!!!!!!!!!

Something is very off with that artwork, but I can't put my finger on it. My memory is a little fuzzy, was this an image from the actual chapters themselves or was this something made just for Viz by someone trying to impersonate Yamamoto's art style?

...Wait a minute, Ruby's eye is supposed to be ruby-colored! Whoever colored this used the Sugimori artwork for Brendan as a reference instead of looking at Yamamoto's colored Ruby artwork!

Actually, it looks like the artwork was from a picture drawn by Yamamoto on the Netkun gallery. If I remember correctly, that picture also has Ruby and Sapphire with brown-ish eyes instead of deep red and blue respectively.

Flintoff Cypress

Premium Ice Cream
Thanks, Chamo-chan! Looking at the Netkun gallery (#16 is the one they used for the cover), it seems like maybe Yamamoto was going to have Ruby and Sapphire with normal eye colors but then decided on the red/blue scheme later on.

While it startled me at first, I think the two look a lot better with brown eyes.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member

The person who drew and colored this was Satoshi Yamamoto.

[img139]http://25.media.tumblr.com/30e383592d5c29dc08c7814dbdb9f84f/tumblr_mh1v0nEWsI1r1alb2o2_400.png[/img139]

Flintoff Cypress

Premium Ice Cream
Ahem... anyways, I do like that Viz took the initiative to change the cover of Vol. 15 in order to reflect the fact that the last GSC chapter was moved. They really didn't have to (and could have hand-waved it by saying that it's a way of metaphorically passing the torch). I have to give them props there.

(EDIT: Whoops, sorry about that responce, lolipiece. I have a itchy trigger-finger sometimes.)

Last edited:

matt0044

And you failed to notice Chamo-chan telling me this and me musing about Yamamoto's choice in eye-coloring. Are you that hell-bent to point out other people's mistakes that you make ignorant assumptions that make you look like a arrogant moron?

That or maybe he didn't see your post until he made his post. An honest mistake.

lolipiece

Staff member
Meh. It's not that bad. At least we get a good quality version of the original gallery pic.

Orbis

What?
I personally thought Ruby looked creepy in the original...

Now I feel better about my post earlier.

Weedy Spyze

It's nice to see that they are going to be released. I probably won't pick them up since I already imported the Chuang Yi version many moons ago, but this is great for the people who want to read them and don't have that option.

Also I like the new volume 15 cover, oops. I never really liked the original cover anyway no matter how "iconic" it is, plus the super-long GSC final chapter was moved to volume 14 anyway in the Viz release.

Last edited:

lolipiece

Staff member
Anybody think the back of volume 15 would be the front cover of the original, or will it have Pryce or someone new?

They could always shove one of the gallery images onto it.

matt0044

Anybody got it?

Orbis

What?
Not yet, my B&N hasn't got it and won't for a while... I will when Amazon ships it.

I got volume 15 today. The back image is the image of Ruby from the original cover. The past Dex Holders were merely cut out.

Status
Not open for further replies.