• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Voice Acting Thread

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Voice Acting? Never played any of those, except PKMN W2 :p The Gym Leader music were Lyrawesome XD

In Drawn To life, yes the mayor's singing voice was great on Part 2, nya~

Gee, you really do play a pretty small amount of games. No offense, just pointing out that your gaming habits are kinda narrow.

Heavy Rain is full of some great **** in general. inb4 this thread accidentally turns into the Heavy Rain thread.

The Sonic series had some pretty bad voice acting until Sega replaced them all prior to Sonic Colours.

I remember Tails getting progressively younger for a while.

Pokémon doesn't need voice acting. In fact it would probably ruin it, especially for us non-Japanese players. I can almost guarantee that.

The DS has some pretty serious sound compression, iirc, so it probably would not sound very good this generation anyway.

Jb

Tsun in the streets

Recon

Last edited:

Arsenal

Banned
Surprisingly for me I really like the stuff Jesse McCartney has been doing recently. Its good to see him get outside of the Kingdom Hearts series and take on some tv show roles. Nolan North is also a really good VA who is everywhere. The worst would probably have to be whoever voiced Altair in Assassin's Creed 1

SBaby

Dungeon Master
I have to post another clip from Chaos Wars. I know there's already one, and it was just posted. But I don't think you really understand just how BAD the voice acting is in this game.

Warning: What follows is the worst voice acting in video game history. I'm being dead serious here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAtC1SzWSXg&feature=related

Last edited:

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
As a person who loves voice acting, I have a lot of favorites and people who I love listening to.

Rachel Robinson's Fang from Final Fantasy XIII. By god I love that sexy, Aussie voice and it really helps that Fang is one of my favorite characters along with Lightning, whose voice isn't too bad either. No wonder I love them both so much. Fang just speaks with that amount of sultriness that you want to listen to every word she says, yet in the back of your mind you know you need to be on your toes, as she can break you at any moment. Lightning doesn't sound nearly as emotionless as people make her out to be. She has just enough hurt and pent up anger in the way she speaks that you see that there is more going on than she wants to admit and she is ready to snap at anyone, as you see with Snow early on. She tries to keep her composure, but everything Snow says just works her up and makes her want to hit him.

Josh Keaton's Spider-Man/Peter Parker from Spider-Man: Edge of Time. I am convinced that he should be the only person to play Spider-Man, ever. If he was up to it and the directors wanted it, I would hope that he would play the live action versions as well. He just has a feel for the role and his lines just come naturally. It doesn't sound like he is trying too hard or that he is reading from a script. It sounds exactly like how Spidey would say a line, and his quips and wise cracks are dead on.

In closing, in a perfect world, everyone would sound like Dan Green.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
Someone who might not be very well known, Paula Tiso. She voiced Lulu from Final Fantasy X/X-2 and Jihl Nabaat from Final Fantasy XIII. Can't say much about Jihl as she wasn't seen much, but Lulu was a main character and I found her voice to be fabulous. The kind of pain Lulu had throughout the game was shown off really well with her voice. I don't know what they're actually doing with this HD remake, but if they record voices again, she has to play Lulu again. I'd be quite upset if they changed anyone's voice from that game!

-Raiga-

I have to post another clip from Chaos Wars. I know there's already one, and it was just posted. But I don't think you really understand just how BAD the voice acting is in this game.

Warning: What follows is the worst voice acting in video game history. I'm being dead serious here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAtC1SzWSXg&feature=related

Haha, I'm aware I could have picked worse clips, but I thought some of them were so bad people wouldn't think they're real.

That said, I always had Uru in my group just because of his voice acting. It was such a far cry between his in-game character and his story VA it was ridiculous.

SasoriSand

Master of Sand
.....My... My ears.... Chaos Wars VA... it's it's.... SO BAD!

IMO MOBA games tend to have awesome VA's (except maybe Rise of Immortals(For anyone who has played it, I just find their voices ANNOYING)

My favorite(s) would probably be Orianna, Cassiopeia and Teemo

WARNING : Link to Cassiopeia might show profanity... (depends on how you look at it)