• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Voice Chat?

.VALO.

The title couldn't be any clearer. Voice chat. Who uses it? Who doesn't use it? Why?

Basically as a competitive trainer myself I have noticed that about 99% of my battles are without voice chat. I was just wondering why more people don't start utilizing the feature, I mean it is a hell of a lot easier to talk than to frantically type to your opponent in-battle and it's fun to talk about what's going in the battle etc. I myself hardly use it but that's because my opponents are always saying no. I remember back when Diamond/Pearl came out, everyone used voice chat and myself and a friend from Holland (I live in the UK) used it to save money on expensive phone calls lol.

But yeah I just wanted to gain some perspective on the whole situation, I just wish more people would use it I guess.

Noheart

The Abysswalker
Well, I they might have parents who'll freak out, or maybe people don't want to have a voice to voice conversation with someone they don't know.

I enjoy voice chat though. The conversation can get funny at times.

One time my little sister had Wonder Pets on, and this guy's like "Lol you watch wonder pets?"

Of course I replied with a "Hell yeah!"

ChedWick

I get enough trash talking from little kids on Counter Strike. I don't wish for anymore while playing Pokemon.

Dragard

I wasn't even there.
I don't mind. I usually leave it on if they do. It depends on how I feel that day.

Juuchan17

<--- For the win
For Wi-Fi Club, HECK YES. It's is so much fun and usually my friends and I get some crazy ideas out of doing voice chat. (Mainly through the Wi-Fi Plaza Games we play . . . sometimes in battles)

Although I hate the fact that sometimes the communication sucks when it comes to volume level and whatnot . . . it might be the headphones I use.

(I've also tried the headset for the DS, the one with the microphone attached . . . the hearing capabilities are horrible. The mic works perfect though.)

- Juuchan17

Chrisjon

Mr. Sunshine
I have it on almost all the time. I really only turn it off if the other person wants it off.

@ChedWick: I just laugh when someone trash talks over a pokemon battle...

Orangefeather

A lot of people just leave it off, and those that leave it on forget that it's on.. And plus, my parents would be kinda not happy if I was talking to random people.

UmbreonLord

5th Gen OU
I like to avoid using voice chat. Some random person will walk past my door and say: Why the hell are you talking to yourself?

Tomato-kun

I'm clueless ♥
I freaked me out when I was battling this guy I met on a forum,and he was using voice chat. I had no idea you can do that.

I don't use it because..I sound like an eleven year old sometimes. Plus,I'm "rather" shy..

Sweeney Todd

...with passion. ♥
For me, voice chatting while contacting someone via wifi, whom I don't know, is rather awkward. I don't mind voice chatting with my friends, but with people I've never met, it's just...no.

PKMN Legend Anthony

Water Gym Leader.
I prefer not to use voice chat. It just gets awkward. I can see the benifit of it thou but i think once the novelty wore of in D/P people prefer to chat using a keyboard.

RedMoogleXIII

Team Rocket Trainer
I've personally only used it once and that was with a friend a long time ago. Though it didn't seem to work because as usuall my DS had its volume all the way down. I probably wont be using it again just for the simple face that I barely play with the volume on on the system.

.VALO.

Seems a lot of people don't like Voice Chat then.. I still wish it was used more, I mean it's there and it's free.

I used voice chat at one point, but I could barely hear a word. Maybe I have a weak mic, or its my opponents, but the last time I tried, the conversation involved us saying "what?!" pretty much the entire battle -_-

.VALO.

I must admit that VC is better with headphones, they don't have to be ones that have a mic because most people use DS lites and the mic is in a good place on them but you can hear your opponent/friend or whatever very clearly with them. Honestly any headphones (that work) will do.

COKTAL

<-Newest Shiny!!!
I don't use it with people I don't know (people I just know on forums don't count). I usually have my sisters running around arguing with each other, and I doubt anyone wants to listen to that while they battle. I leave it on with my friends since I usually don't see them that often over breaks like summer, so it's nice to actually talk to them instead of texting/chating of Face Book, etc.