• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Voice Chat?

shamwowsavedme

chek dis ancient ***
i used it once during a trade and wen i got chikorita(it only costed a lvl 90 sceptile) i was like YEAH BOOOOOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIIIIII

Absol trainer

Hidden Valley...
I once had it on in a trade (forgot to turn it off) and it worked so... bad. So I'm never using it again.

Ally P

Drifloons 4 Justice!
I think its a great idea to be honest, like a guy who posted here earlier, it saves on phoning people you know half way across the world. I live in the UK and considering i have friends in Japan, Singapore and Costa Rica, if i knew they Nintendo DS', i would definately chat to them that way. It would definately save on Phone or communication bills plus its nice to hear someone's voice in a while after sending e-mails, Messenger, Facebook chat which just involve typing.

Plus, i enjoy meeting new people and what i'm trying to do once i've completed Platinum is to try and trade pokemon with as many different people around the world because in a sense, your trading a bit of yourself when you trade pokemon in return for someone else and i think its cool knowing you have a Norwegian Staraptor or a Taiwanese Seviper.

darkrai4

Dark Trainer
well I do not really use it because my english is not realy understandable and also I dont really like hearing people say "OH NO YOU BEAT MY POKEMON U HAXOR" or "HAHA I BEAT YOU U ARE SOOO WEAK HAHAHA" so I just prefer keeping it silent.But thats just me...

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I use it when I personally know the person I am battling so I can heckle them when I win.

TheLeviathan

Has left forever.
Well, I they might have parents who'll freak out, or maybe people don't want to have a voice to voice conversation with someone they don't know.

I enjoy voice chat though. The conversation can get funny at times.

One time my little sister had Wonder Pets on, and this guy's like "Lol you watch wonder pets?"

Of course I replied with a "Hell yeah!"

OMAGOSH I DOO TOO :D :D :D

Wonder pets>god.

/thread.

On topic: I hate the voice chat system. It just makes it... awkward. Also, It baffles me how Nintendo decided to put it in a game where a LOT of six year olds play.

Trainmaster718

ORAS is here!
God I hate the stupid Voice Chat - because when you get into a trade, people can hear what you are saying, listening to, watching, ect. One time I was in a trade where voice chat was turned on, and the guy I was trading with heard my whole family arguing. Ugh so embarrassing.

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
The only time I use voice chat is whenever I feel comfortable with it. I sometimes use voice chat, but I only prefer myself to use it with someone who I'm really close friends with. Well, sure it may seem a little awkward to talk to someone who you've been friends over the internet for like a long while, but what the hey... ever since I started using Skype, I've gotten used to talking to my internet buddies who I've been close friends with through a Skype call. Overall, I usually leave voice chat off under these reasons: one or the other requests to leave it turned off, the mic has bad quality, or it's useless to use voice chat if you're already talking to someone (literally) via Skype call (like what I did a few days ago when a youtube friend of mine who's part of a semi-famous Brawl machinimating crew asked me for a battle because he was bored). To be honest, I don't really use it much anymore because I don't battle very often compared to how much I've battled in the past.

dracoburn

Lance's protege
i liek voice chat, i made a friend on it :^)
if im playing anybody under age 13 i turn voice chat off. i dont want some kid hearing me cuss when my charizard gets paralyzed or my umbreon gets KO'd!

Pokefan0234

Ka-Ra-Tay!
I like to have Voice Chat on when I'm talking to my friends, but when I'm just randomly training on Wi-fi... well, I'm anti-social. ;)

InfernoTheStrang

Pokemon. /smartbutt
I prefer not to use it. I like battling without talking to someone. XD My parents might not want me to talk to random strangers outside of text communication anyway.

shadowswampert93

i usually leave it on, though its weird when you're at a friends house and they start playing barbie girl on their phone...needless to say i laughed my a-- off

AstralEon

The one and only.
I haven't noticed about the Voice Chat thing during my Diamond version days.

I noticed it when I first started hearing weird voices coming out of my DS. So I just had to reply it with a "hello?". Then a second later I get a response from it which seriously freaked me out.

I rarely use it at all anymore. I don't do much WiFi trade/battles. I only use it when I really need it.

Angel Xtreme

I don't use it because I don't speak English very well... now that I think about it, I don't talk so well in Spanish, my tongue is a disaster.
When I'm with somebody I use to move my hands to express what I'm saying, if at least I'm saying something.
If a video game (let's say the DSi) has a video-chat feature, maybe I would think in using it, even in English. It would be way to fun with all the pantomime.
The worst of all things is that I'm studying now Japanese. That means...
Pantomime to the Xtreme!!!

Lightey

I don't use it, I just don't like talking to people I don't know. I'll use it with, like my cousin though.

Once, i didn't know it was on, and I was singing during a trade, and then the person (on here) said "Nice singing!"
and I'm like. Oh God.
xD

LegendOfZach

Blah blah blah
I always have voice chat off. When I battle, it's normally just to battle. Not to socialize with them about what they're up to or anything. Besides, it can get awkward and I'd rather focus on the battle at hand rather than focus on a conversation or listening to them moan and complain or gloat about how the battle's turning out. :3 Plus, my voice sucks.

golduck#1

Nah I only will have it off if it's with someone I know, or I have battled a few times seeing as talking to randoms is weird and they are annoying...

shaq-attack

.:~:._.:~:.
I had always traded via GTS so when I heard voices through my DS as I was trading with a friend I was incredibly freaked.

Competively battling I don't think I would really use VC.
But in a friendly match against a friend, why not?

Onyx Umeki

Mrph...how impudent.
Nerdy childeren scare me on there

" Y HALO THEIR. U HAS SEELEBI!!!!!one!!!!? "

" No "
" Oh..... "

<.<.... After that experience.... I dont use it anymore

XDDDD