• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Voice Chat?

PhilWells

I know where you're coming from valo... I like to use the voice chat for pretty much the same reasons... but I suppose the people who don't use it tend to have their volume turned down... I know if I have the volume off I don't use voice chat because It'd be rube to blank people... even If you don't know your doing it :D

I'm also a little self concious about my voice because I'm from a town close to Liverpool and well... you know why...

I really don't use it. The output is fuzzy and unclear and my voice sounds weird.

TerraMaru

I can see how people think it's fun. Actually, reading some of the responses here made me want to leave it on more often. But to be honest, my few experiences with the voice chat have just been weird. It's either such an awkward conversation that we both just stop and battle in silence, or we battle in silence from the start and I can hear all of the noises in my opponent's house (dog barking, baby crying, irate mother yelling, etc.). Just awkward. I keep it off now.

iColorfulEevee

Lalalala~✰
I just found out today that they had voice chat... @________@ Heheh... Anyway, I don't even know how to turn it off!! Which is really weird for me because I have to listen to the person on the other line while I'm all silent, hopeing that the air conditioner will drown out any noises I make. Besides, with my parents and all, its just really inconvenient for me. x_______X

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
I just found out today that they had voice chat... @________@ Heheh... Anyway, I don't even know how to turn it off!! Which is really weird for me because I have to listen to the person on the other line while I'm all silent, hopeing that the air conditioner will drown out any noises I make. Besides, with my parents and all, its just really inconvenient for me. x_______X

You press the "Y" button. Or was it the "X" one of those two switches it off pretty sure Y though.

Anyways, I've only used it like once with someone on Sppf, and the rest useally if I know the person. I don't really like to use it because I useally listen to music, and I turn the volume up somewhat loud.

Kira-kun

I like the voice chat. It's fun to talk to people. It's always kinda weird 'cause explaining why I'm talking to my DS usually doesn't go over well. xD
'No mom I'm not talking to myself... I'm trading Pikachu with some guy in the Netherlands!'

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
I usually just turn it on and off. I like to use it, but I am very paranoid so I use it when no one's around to listen.

Last edited:

[Ampharos]

They best be trollin
I usually only battle my friends, so I leave it on, and I hear them make their comments, not knowing that it's on.

Then I'm silent and sound-spam them to see if their volume is on.

Zero Nexus

Stand up, go for it
I ALWAYS have it on, no matter who i'm battling. I absolutely CAN'T STAND to have it OFF, to be honest. Would it kill you people to just be sociable? If i'm going to be battling somebody on this forum, VC is an absolute must. I refuse to battle anybody with it off.

Dave.

I turn it off. I'm not entirely sure but I believe battles are slower with it on.

Mewten150

i dont use it much bcos i can barley understand a word my rival says

psgalaxy91

Gloating over a fallen enemy is always fun. =D
But many people are idiots, and arguing with them gets annoying.

Actions speak louder than words, so just KO them and move on to the next guy.

Troggy

Voice Chat is creepy.

pokedexfiller

Unova Trainer
I dont cuz i dont have the headset and not chatting like that gives mystery on what the other person sounds like

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
Voice Chat is creepy.

that's not correct, crappy is the right term for it.
i tried working with and without voicechat and personaly i really don't pay attention to that option on pokemon anymore snice it's not giving good sound anyway. half of the time you ask the other person to repeat himself it's not something worth for a conversation or anything else.

.VALO.

I stated before that with headphones it's pretty decent, admittedly without them it's quite terrible quality.