• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Voices actors in BW?

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
It is widely being rumored that Johnny Yong Bosch is going to voice Cilan, but I haven't been able to confirm it yet.

It would fit in the context of show lately, what with J. Michael Tatum randomly showing up to play Tobias.

Wait if this is the case why not VICCCCC?! *Sits in emo corner*

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

travisjb90

I like the voice actors in Pokemon Black and White. They are very good. Ash's voice is a lot better than when he first got a new voice, it is a very cool voice. I like Iris's voice a lot, she sounds very cool. The Pokemon voices are just awesome, my favorites are Oshawott and Tepig's voices.

Wait if this is the case why not VICCCCC?! *Sits in emo corner*

I know, right?! I said the same thi-- well, okay, not exactly, but still, why NOT Vic?! *cries in opposite corner*

In all seriousness, though, I can't see it happening. It's like someone on another forum said; TPCi is too cheap. It's the same reason why the show will never have Steve Blum or Crispin Freeman, in spite of my wishes. Even JYB is a pretty remote possibility, albeit an exciting one if true.

Who is that? [Johnny Yong Bosch]

Fairly prolific anime voice actor who primarily does California-based dubs. He was Ichigo on Bleach, Renton on Eureka Seven, Lelouch on Code Geass, and a whole bunch of others.

Rowdy

I know, right?! I said the same thi-- well, okay, not exactly, but still, why NOT Vic?! *cries in opposite corner*

In all seriousness, though, I can't see it happening. It's like someone on another forum said; TPCi is too cheap. It's the same reason why the show will never have Steve Blum or Crispin Freeman, in spite of my wishes. Even JYB is a pretty remote possibility, albeit an exciting one if true.

Fairly prolific anime voice actor who primarily does California-based dubs. He was Ichigo on Bleach, Renton on Eureka Seven, Lelouch on Code Geass, and a whole bunch of others.

He's also a former Power Ranger.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down

If this is true, and we've had Johnny Yong Bosch and J. Michael Tatum already, I honestly think it's just a matter of time before Crispin Freeman shows up. It would not surprise me in this hypothetical situation to hear him voicing Ghetsis or Alder, for example.

Satoshi's girl

Cafemocha <3
Here's some really big wishful thinking choices I have:
*Cilan- Vic Mignogna
*Chili- Travis Willingham
*Cress- Aaron Dismuke

That would be awesome.

I'd like that it be super awsomeeee XD, But then Jhonny bosch would be sweet

If this is true, and we've had Johnny Yong Bosch and J. Michael Tatum already, I honestly think it's just a matter of time before Crispin Freeman shows up. It would not surprise me in this hypothetical situation to hear him voicing Ghetsis or Alder, for example.
You know, the more I hear that, the more I really, really want to believe it. Especially in Crispin Freeman's case, since if you think about it, it's not as remote a possibility as it seems; he's acted alongside New York-based actors in the Slayers dub, plus he actually used to be a writer on the 4Kids dub of Pokemon toward the very beginning (seriously, check the credits on some of the early Kanto episodes; he's in there).

Plus, I can't help but think he would make an awesome Ghetsis or Alder.

uncutpokemon said:
Here's some really big wishful thinking choices I have:
*Cilan- Vic Mignogna
*Chili- Travis Willingham
*Cress- Aaron Dismuke

That would be awesome.
Pretty wishful thinking, yes, but awesome indeed. ^^ Heck, while we're all being unrealistic, I might as well offer my own two cents for these guys (aside from Cilan, since I already support JYB for him)

*Chili- Liam O'Brien
*Cress- Steve Staley

And while I'm at it,

*Cheren- Derek Stephen Prince
*N- Steve Blum

*chuckles* Like that'll ever happen. Still fun to dream, though.

Last edited:
*Chili- Liam O'Brien
*Cress- Steve Staley

uhh I'm not so sure about those ideas, I don't think O'Brien would be a good choice seeing as I associate his voice to the element of sand, while as Chili is a fire trainer (hence my choice of Travis). and I'm not sure if I can see Staley playing someone with water types like Cress uses. But that's ok we're all entitled to our opinions here :)

uhh I'm not so sure about those ideas, I don't think O'Brien would be a good choice seeing as I associate his voice to the element of sand, while as Chili is a fire trainer (hence my choice of Travis). and I'm not sure if I can see Staley playing someone with water types like Cress uses. But that's ok we're all entitled to our opinions here :)

Well, hey, it's not like Gaara is Liam's only role. XD I was thinking he would use his more cocky tone of voice; if you've heard him as Air Raid in Transformers: War for Cybertron, you'd know what I mean. And Chili's expression in his official art would seem to suggest that that kind of voice fits him well.

And as for Staley, it's not big a leap; Hitsugaya on Bleach used a combination of water and ice, so the voice can fit a Water trainer pretty well. But, like you said, we are all entitled to our opinions. ^^

To be honest I think it would be cool if TPCi were to just to an open celebrity casting call, say that they're looking for any big name celebrities (weather it's because of their acting talent, singing, or something else even) that would like some easy publicity to give them a call, maybe arrange to make a guest appearance for an episode or two, so many great possibilities. Keep in mind that although Pokemon is not what it used to be back in the day, it's still got lots of popularity over here, and if they asked I can imagine lots of celebrities being more than happy to voice a random character of the day for an episode or two. That would provide so many possibilities for choices like perhaps for the gym leaders (after the first three of course) we can get

Lenora > Beyoncé (Sorry but I think her voice is just right for her character)
Burgh > no idea
Elesa > Kirsten Dunst
Clay > Tom Hanks
Skyla > Megan Fox (maybe?)
Brycen > Chuck Norris

Beat that.

^ Ahaha...no, sir, I do not intend to beat that, as I don't think I could. XD Kudos for coming up with such a big list, though; I think a bunch of those would actually fit pretty well. It's a shame it could never happen, though; if TPCi is too cheap to hire California-based voice actors, I'm pretty sure celebrities won't happen either.

Since you mentioned those particular Gym Leaders, though, I guess I might as well list my own, admittedly less spectacular voice actor choices.

-Lenora: Wendee Lee
-Burgh: Quinton Flynn
-Elesa: Kate Higgins
-Clay: Kim Strauss
-Skyla: Julie Ann Taylor
-Brycen: Travis Willingham

Actually when I said the idea of celebrities lending their voices I meant along the lines of TPCi asking that if anyone is interested (as a bit of publicity) in making an appearance, perhaps if they're in town. It would still be same pay as any other voice actor would get, just that during the commercial for the episode they say at some point "special guest appearance from (insert celebrity) in the next new episode" or something, and possibly mention it in the credits.

Ah, okay! So you meant, like, one-shot guest spots or something, right? That'd be kinda cool, and perhaps more likely, seeing as lots of western animation shows do that from time to time (like George Takei being in a single episode of Transformers Animated, for example). I'm not sure if an anime dub would have the budget for that, but it would still be quite appreciated if they did.

Before we go off on a tangent about that, though, are there any other upcoming BW characters that any of you guys have actor suggestions for?

Medea

Excalibur
Oh my God, that would be the ultimate dream to have Johnny Yong Bosch play Cilan. HOWEVER, only a dream since it would never happen. As for my predictions for the Ouran High School Host Club Triplet gym leaders...

*Cilan to be played by Wayne Grayson (or what you might remember Ben the Pokemon Ranger)
*Chili to be played by Ted Lewis (or what you might remember Tracey the only character I care for...I mean the Pokemon Watcher)
*Cress to be played by Tom Wayland (or what you might remember Flint the one that looks like Ronald McDonald...I mean the Elite 4 of Sinnoh)

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Oh my God, that would be the ultimate dream to have Johnny Yong Bosch play Cilan. HOWEVER, only a dream since it would never happen. As for my predictions for the Ouran High School Host Club Triplet gym leaders...

*Cilan to be played by Wayne Grayson (or what you might remember Ben the Pokemon Ranger)
*Chili to be played by Ted Lewis (or what you might remember Tracey the only character I care for...I mean the Pokemon Watcher)
*Cress to be played by Tom Wayland (or what you might remember Flint the one that looks like Ronald McDonald...I mean the Elite 4 of Sinnoh)

I think it would be the other way around with Ted Lewis and Tom Wayland

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Brina Palencia would of be great as Max!