• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Void glitch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

supersmew

Let me heal your ⓗ♈ʒ
I was running around on my bike in Jubilife city on Diamond and randomly past the little girl by the Pokétch building it was just black voids I couldn't walk on. Anybody know why this happened?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Sounds like you've triggered the "Tweaking" or "holepuching" glitch.

The way 4th Gen overworld engine works is by loading sections of the world at the time, as you get close. Each section is 32 steps by 32 steps, which is the most you can see at any one time. The one set of "load lines" of these sections cross in Jubilife City. Because the DS has limited "working" Memory, the Area you left is removed from "working" Memory. Due to the way that you can move between these sections on a bike you can basicly cause the game to be unable to load the correct areas on the screen.

More info: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Holepunching

Just to make it clear, Games other "open world" games, can also "do" this bug. In some cases, your character will "die" as you fell to the bottom of a "Bottomless pit." In GTA Vice City, you had Load screens between certain islands is you drove there in a car or bike to avoid this problem. (I think it didn't need the loading screens on a slower boat, or on some versions of the game.)

Shutting.. Question answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.