• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Volcanic Panic! (059)

Daizy

I call you honey
I wonder what would've happened if the volcano did blow up. The fact that no one was evacuating the island was funny and I loved Jigglypuff's cameo.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I wonder what would've happened if the volcano did blow up. The fact that no one was evacuating the island was funny and I loved Jigglypuff's cameo.

Guren Town would've ended up being destroyed like in G/S/C/HG/SS, although it was kind of odd that Katsura didn't think about warning the citizens.

I thought that Blaine was so greedy in this episode as evidenced by his refusal to give Ash the Volcano Badge for free. Magmar vs. Charizard was epic though so I shouldn't whine.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I now find it hilarious that Katsura had even built a second battlefield at the volcano's summit considering the lack of Gym challengers who visited the island.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Favourite Kanto Gym battle episode. Charizard refusing to help at first annoyed me, but his battle against Magmar was cool. I liked seeing an actual volcano on Cinnabar Island, since the Kanto-based games don't show any, yet it mysteriously sprouts and destroys everything but PC in the Johto games.

Leonhart

Imagineer
KyogreThunder said:
I liked seeing an actual volcano on Cinnabar Island, since the Kanto-based games don't show any, yet it mysteriously sprouts and destroys everything but PC in the Johto games.

I think it was simply an underwater volcano in R/G/B/Y, which erupted in G/S/C and formed a volcanic cone.

To this day I still don't understand how the volcano went all hyperactive just because Team Rocket blasted some ice inside of it. I didn't mind that though because the scenes where all the Pokemon helped save the volcano by dumping rocks was amazing. Magmar and Charizard respecting each other was a good thing since it led to Charizard wanting to battle for the first time since he evolved.

Good episode because it redeemed the flaws of the last one although one complaint that I do have is that the plot felt really slow in the middle when the characters started piling rocks to stop the lava flow. It just seemed to go on forever. Magmar versus Charizard was an intense battle between two Pokemon with mutual respect and I still think it makes no sense for Charizard to have survived being thrown into the boiling hot liquid magma. It was dumb. 7/10

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
I didn't understand Blaine's lavatory joke until just now. He was making a pun about being in the bathroom and the lava part of the name being related to a volcano. That's kinda smart of 4Kids.

Charizard vs Magmar was awesome! Definitely the best Kanto gym battle. The previous battle was really lame.