• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Volt - Rica Matsumoto Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
So, what does everyone think? A very very good sung when sung by her. Angelic voice is beautiful. They even seem to give the song a more techno and smooth sound.

Squirtle_007

What is this?, will it be another opening soon?

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

Janovy

Banned
I really like the sound of Rica's version, I hope it replaces the current one, though I don't mind original Megavolt either.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Just heard it on YouTube, and it sounds surprisingly better than the original version

Rohanator

There's a TV Size Version out, so it could replace the current opening at some point. Which I guess would mean new imagery? :p

I think it's likely that we'll get new opening animations after the Shalour gym battle as everything shown in the opening will pretty much be covered at that point. It'll be near the fifties so I don't think a new song is out of the question but Rica's Volt would definitely do.

Just heard it on YouTube, and it sounds surprisingly better than the original version
Not really a surprise that Rica Matsumoto would slay Yusuke's auto tune garbage.

Last edited:

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
I think it's likely that we'll get new opening animations after the Shalour gym battle as everything shown in the opening will pretty much be covered at that point. It'll be near the fifties so I don't think a new song is out of the question but Rica's Volt would definitely do.
Yeah, I imagine one of the things being featured if it did happen is Pancham being with Serena and maybe some group Pokemon like Chespin and Froakie being evolved, perhaps.

Rohanator

Yeah, I imagine one of the things being featured if it did happen is Pancham being with Serena and maybe some group Pokemon like Chespin and Froakie being evolved, perhaps.
Hopefully. If AG and DP are anything to go by Froakie would evolve between the 4th and 5th gyms and if the opening does change after Shalour it'd probably not change again until much later. Though if they keep that one longer they could make it spoilerless and just update it. Though I don't think they've done so since High Touch.

EDIT: Actually, Decolora arc opening did get updated a couple times so I guess it's a possibility.

Squirtle_007

There's a TV Size Version out, so it could replace the current opening at some point. Which I guess would mean new imagery? :p

Hopefully, maybe it could foreshadow Serena's Mega Ring Pancham and her doing something "goal-like" and I would like to see Clemont with an Electric-type Pokémon of his own, but now with him having all the Electric-types in the Kalos Dex, I don't think it'll happen until OR/AS.

Anyway, I thought I wouldn't like the song, but I heard it, and it actually sound pretty nice in Rica's voice, better than Mega Volt actually, I'll cross my fingers for this to become a new opening after Shalour City happens

Soniman

Break the Limit

I was really hoping this would be the case and got scared for a minute when Megavolt dropped and was under the impression that the current party status for Serena and Clemont would be like that for 30-40 episode, so im glad to see that if we get more OP imagery it will hopefully "update" and give us hints of new poke party members

Squirtle_007

I was really hoping this would be the case and got scared for a minute when Megavolt dropped and was under the impression that the current party status for Serena and Clemont would be like that for 30-40 episode, so im glad to see that if we get more OP imagery it will hopefully "update" and give us hints of new poke party members

The current opening will must likely change even if it keeps MegaVolt, seeing Korrina for 30-40 episodes sitting under a tree after her arc and the Shalour Gym Battle passed would be weird

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Was expecting something amazing ... was disappointed.

I can't quite put my finger on it but something sounded off. I'm inclined to think that it was the speed/rhythm of the song throwing her off.

Sephora

yes I'm back
I really really like Rica's version, even more so than the original which I adored. The current opening is bound to change very soon given the fact that the Mega Evolution arc is over and Ash is almost on his third gym battle already. I am excited for the new opening visuals and I expect team spoilers hopefully.

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
I believe that they will change the opening when the OR/AS promotion that could start in the Autumn.

giratina the shadow

I guess a coupple of episodes after korrinas gym battle like 3-4 episodes would be a good time to kick start oras promo with a new opening with all oras stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.