1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Volt - Rica Matsumoto Version

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Blue Saturday, Jul 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Janovy

Janovy Banned

You know, as much as I like Rica's version, it's high time for a brand new opening theme.

I'm kinda tired of 'Volt' being redone all over again. I just want a brand new song that's not a remix or a cover.

2. (P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N) AshXSerena = Canon

I really hope it rica's version does replace the current one. I just can't stand the current version of "Volt" it's just.. Horrible to hear.

3. Rohanator

Rohanator Well-Known Member

Iirc we had three different versions of Together before they switched to High Touch near the 100's of DP.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  4. IrieFuse

IrieFuse Unify To Thrive

ya there was the original, the movie version which was more upbeat, and then the second version that was used for the intro. then high touch and greatest everyday had the original and movie versions which were both used as the intros.

just heard a low quality full version of Rica's volt and I liked it, then I heard a HQ tv size version and realized the opening in general has grown stale to me. I mean using the same opening for a year obviously does that to all the openings but this does sound better than the male singer's version for sure.

5. nuzamaki90

nuzamaki90 Well-Known Member

I liked it. At first it sounded too cutesy because of J'Deez but then Ash...I mean Rica started singing and I started to like it.

Pretty sure this will be the next opening after the Mega arc is over and done with in Shalour City and pull a High Touch unless they go with something else.

6. giratina the shadow

giratina the shadow Well-Known Member

Well i hope we get a new opening as new opening means some good spoilers

7. pokemonfan100

pokemonfan100 Well-Known Member

So is volt just gonna be the opening for the whola saga but just with remixes or will we get a new openin i mean a different song

8. Shneak

Shneak this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨

I wish she belted out the song at parts. It's just okay.

Volt > Re-volt > Rica-volt

9. Chomper4

Chomper4 Well-Known Member

I think the Rica opening will show Ash with a new Pokemon (Tyrunt), Serena with a new Pokemon (Pancham), Looker, Emma, Team Flare, Diantha with her Mega Gardevoir, Shauna with Ivysaur, Tierno with Wartortle, and Trevor with Charmeleon.

10. Dephender

Dephender Gizakawayusu Staff Member Moderator

The song is just a cover version on a CD, guys. This thread is not for speculating about the content of some hypothetical new opening animation.

11. tangellina

tangellina Well-Known Member

u missed IRIS!

12. Mr.Munchlax

Mr.Munchlax Thunder Trainer

I don't know, I kind of like using Volt all the time. It kind of reminds me of the old days back in seasons 1 & 2 where we only use one song for the entire season/region/whatever

13. Chomper4

Chomper4 Well-Known Member

That doesn't mean we can't talk about it.

14. Dephender

Dephender Gizakawayusu Staff Member Moderator

Again, it's a thread about the song cover. Discuss the song cover, not the hypothetical animation of a new anime opening that hasn't been announced and you have no reason to assume is happening.

15. SmartD

SmartD Well-Known Member

I think it's a neat song. I guess my problem with the regular one is that the original singer used an auto-tune for the whole song; but this one doesn't. I like it better this way.

16. True, it's not a real shocker there.

Volt by Rica Matsumoto is the only tolerable version of this song that doesn't make me cringe listening to it (Yusuke's Volt and its remix were god-awful and I'd even say are the worst Pokemon music in Japanese I've heard), but truth be told, I kind of want to see something new again.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
  17. Reverse all of this and you have my opinion, more or less: Rica-Volt > Remix V-Volt > V-Volt

18. SerenaForTheWin

SerenaForTheWin Yusarin >_<

just heard the song, yes i was right her voice would be similar to how she sung mezase pokemon master - btw her voice sounds cute a bit though i still like the yusuke one better :/

19. The Yusuke one would probably be a lot easier on the ears if he wasn't singing so fast, but that's just me: Rica does sound similar to how she sang Mezase Pokemon Master here, but I'll take anything over Yusuke, tbh.

20. pokepal123

pokepal123 Banned

Speaking of a new opening version how long before do we know when a new opening is about to premiere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.