• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Volt - Rica Matsumoto Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Speaking of a new opening version how long before do we know when a new opening is about to premiere.

usually my estimation is around 50 episodes of each arc, this is what i can see so far

and why are we discussing even this in the first place if this thread was good for one song only.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
A million times better than Megavolt, but I prefer Volt to both this and the remix.

KKS-Lapras

I'm not a fan of this cover of the song, Rica isn't as strong in some parts of the song as I wish she would have been.

I'm not a fan of this cover of the song, Rica isn't as strong in some parts of the song as I wish she would have been.

It could've been worse, at least: I mean, it could've been like OK!

Sephora

yes I'm back
I like Rica's Volt version much better than the original, personally.

It could've been worse, at least: I mean, it could've been like OK!

What are you talking about? OK! is amazing!

zhixun

Finally I have got a chance to listen this one. Yusuke is better than Rica Matsumoto in my opinion.

KKS-Lapras

I wonder how long this opening will last, or if it will continue to be edited occasionally.

Much better than Yusuke's "can't sing for crap" auto tune BS Volt and Mega Volt, but still not great: Rica's done better than this, like with Mesaze Pokemon Master, Challenger, and Best Wishes, to name a few.

Last edited:

KKS-Lapras

I agree, though I prefer Challenger to OK!

I hope they redo Volt with Rica's voice, but this time properly.

I don't think they'll redo it again.

inkaybee

i prefer a new original song, opposed to a new version of something we've already had. something to transition to a new section of the series.

i prefer a new original song, opposed to a new version of something we've already had. something to transition to a new section of the series.

I couldn't agree more, really: I don't want to hear the same thing rehashed in different forms again and again.

KKS-Lapras

i just like new songs entirely, especially after a streak of remakes.

This series has a lot of team changes happening, so I think an entirely new song would help to portray all the new change.

KKS-Lapras

yeah at this point they need to change things up a decent bit.

Especially since we know full and well about Goomy, it's time for an update, since they've done updates fairly consistently on par thus far with Ash's team in Kalos.

Status
Not open for further replies.