1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Volt - Rica Matsumoto Version

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Blue Saturday, Jul 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SerenaForTheWin

SerenaForTheWin Yusarin >_<

usually my estimation is around 50 episodes of each arc, this is what i can see so far

and why are we discussing even this in the first place if this thread was good for one song only.

2. Blood Red

Blood Red ...

A million times better than Megavolt, but I prefer Volt to both this and the remix.

3. KKS-Lapras

KKS-Lapras Well-Known Member

I'm not a fan of this cover of the song, Rica isn't as strong in some parts of the song as I wish she would have been.

4. It could've been worse, at least: I mean, it could've been like OK!

5. Sephora

Sephora yes I'm back

I like Rica's Volt version much better than the original, personally.

What are you talking about? OK! is amazing!

6. zhixun

zhixun Well-Known Member

Finally I have got a chance to listen this one. Yusuke is better than Rica Matsumoto in my opinion.

7. KKS-Lapras

I wonder how long this opening will last, or if it will continue to be edited occasionally.

8. inkaybee

inkaybee Well-Known Member

hopefully not much longer, I'm not crazy about this opening song.

9. Han Solo Fan

Han Solo Fan Banned

Much better than Yusuke's "can't sing for crap" auto tune BS Volt and Mega Volt, but still not great: Rica's done better than this, like with Mesaze Pokemon Master, Challenger, and Best Wishes, to name a few.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2014
  10. DotKU

DotKU Champion

Also, they have kinda been overusing it in the episodes themselves. Im just hoping for a new opening right after/right before Froakie evolves

11. Blood Red

Blood Red ...

I agree, though I prefer Challenger to OK!

I hope they redo Volt with Rica's voice, but this time properly.

12. KKS-Lapras

I don't think they'll redo it again.

13. Blood Red

Blood Red ...

True. In that case, they should redo Mezashe Pokémon Master. I liked the last remix, but the weird 'rap' in the middle just ruined it.

14. inkaybee

i prefer a new original song, opposed to a new version of something we've already had. something to transition to a new section of the series.

15. Han Solo Fan

Han Solo Fan Banned

I couldn't agree more, really: I don't want to hear the same thing rehashed in different forms again and again.

16. inkaybee

i just like new songs entirely, especially after a streak of remakes.

17. KKS-Lapras

This series has a lot of team changes happening, so I think an entirely new song would help to portray all the new change.

18. DotKU

DotKU Champion

Yeah couldnt have said it better. I hope we get an announcement for a new opening really soon!

19. inkaybee

yeah at this point they need to change things up a decent bit.

20. KKS-Lapras

Especially since we know full and well about Goomy, it's time for an update, since they've done updates fairly consistently on par thus far with Ash's team in Kalos.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.