• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Voltorb Flip

How high of a level have you gotten in Voltorb Flip?

Votes: 16 11.0%

Votes: 25 17.1%

Votes: 30 20.5%

Votes: 15 10.3%

Votes: 20 13.7%

Votes: 17 11.6%

Votes: 27 18.5%

Votes: 10 6.8%

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • 10 or higher... if thats possible

Votes: 8 5.5%

• Total voters

Da Man X

Cυrsιvε Rσcκs-DαMαπΧ
Sadly I only made it to lvl 3.

PsychicPsycho

First, anyone who claims to have gotten to level 9 or higher is either lying or has a screwed up game. Level 8 should be the highest possible, obtained by winning 5 games in a row.

Now then...
So, theres no threads about this game. How high have you gotten? how do you play? How many coins do you have? anything you want. Just discuss.
-I've got to and beaten level 8. I'm not sure how many times I've made it there exactly- the first few times I hit a Voltorb on the first flip, and I usually don't win. I have managed to win it 6 times though.
-Flip over the zero-voltorb rows if any, then look at the other rows and try to guess at where 2 or 3s are. After I hit I few squares successfully, I usually mark the rows to help clear things up. Then it's just a process of elimination and guessing, if needed
-I've got a various amount of coins. I play the game to kill time/while I'm watching tv, so I've had a ton of coins. They don't let you play anymore once you have 50000, so I've had to spend a lot so I could keep going.
OR PSYCHIC ABILITY.
Not really a psychic ability, but sometimes I wonder if I've played this game enough that the patterns it uses are subconsciously in my head. One of the things I do when I'm faced with a toss up (2 squares with a 50/50 chance of being a 2/3 or a voltorb) is to look at what the pattern of the flipped squares would look like for each choice, and decide which of the two to pick based on that. It seems I pick to right one more often then not, but I've never measured it. I think I'll do that.

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
I've gotten to level 6, maybe 7 but I can't remember.

Usually I only make it to level 4-5 though. By that time, I rarely (if ever) get any 0 Voltorb rows, so I find it kinda hard to decide which card to flip over first...and 90% of the time, the first card is a Voltorb. -_-

HanoiRose

NIPPON BONZAI!
Liar, it ends at lv.7. Its fun . Its the only reason Im playing HG anymore

It does? Hmm, I remembered getting to round 8 once, but I guess my memory lied to me :D
I do kinda like this game though. It's not too tough to get enough coins, for example, to buy Swords Dance for my Scyther/Heracross and just own the game with them.
I still wish we'd have the option to buy coins though...

empoleon49

Dawn's number 1 fan™
I've only made it to Level 4, I suck at it.

(·-·)(o_O)

oh hai there
Level 10 but I died right after that well not really me my uncle did it for me but me by myself, I only reached 7

SoulMuse

Shadow of nothing
I have gotten to level four once, but right I made a stupid math error ,and hit a voltorb. I dislike the fact that you can't buy coins, but the game isn't that hard.

Wolfangs

Pokemon Breeder
My highest was lvl 3 and tbh I hate this game what happened to the slot machines. -.-

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I've only gone as far as three, maybe four, but that's about it. I don't play the game a lot, even if it can get addicting at times. But I find it dull and a really slow way to buy coins. As far as I know, you can't buy coins anymore, so it's a big pain for me.

Reminds me of sudoku in a way, though.

dragon user

Managed to get to level 6 yesterday but i flipped voltorb on the first card -.-

Level seven. How many levels does this game have anyway?

PsychicPsycho

I've been having trouble with this game recently. My system of picking in a 50-50 situation is turning around on me so much that I decide like I used to, then flip the other choice.
I really hate when you are on a high level and the first card you flip is a Voltorb
No crap. 'Oh, an intersection of rows each with 1 voltorb' *click* *explode* :(

I wish in that situation it would only drop 1 level instead of back to level 1
Reminds me of sudoku in a way, though.
I can see that. Although it makes me think more of Minesweeper- I even refer to the voltorbs as mines. (i.e., when I click on one: 'oh, crap, a mine')
Level seven. How many levels does this game have anyway?
8- you have to win 5 straight games (of any level) to reach it. I generally reach it by winning 1, 2, 3, 4 then 5 (although rarely I'll get there from level 7).