• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Volume 37 Headsup

Coronis

In lucid awakening
Ok, really brief with some teaers here as I only have a few minutes, but I'm glad to tell you that the magazine version of DP's end is not equivalent to its volume version.

Volume 37 features the plot up til the point where Dia and Pearl are about to fight Dialga and Palkia on their own. There are a few twists here and there which greatly spiced up the plot.

First, Volkner deliberately ignored the urgent call for all Gymleaders to congregate at Mt. Coronet. And, while on the Spring Path (revealed to be where he trained Platinum, Candice and Maylene), a distortion appears in front of him.

Two, after the Gymleaders broke the first Red Chain, while Rowan and Sir Berlitz originally thought that the distortion was over, it actually extended to the Underground.

Most of all, at the end of the Volume 37, a certain tall purple-haired woman reappeared in front of Jupiter, wearing the Team Galactic uniform...

More later.

Coronis~

Darkxninga

Wow, thanks Coro! I guess the way it was in the magazine wasnt so great but im glad things are better in the volume! I look forward to seeing how this volume is. Theres only (most likey) 1 more volume of dp left now~ Too bad they might not slap on volume 38s release date to next month so they can start the new platinum arc for the new year. That'd be fast but I hope im wrong there, who know ^^~

Last edited:

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Nice information. I wonder about Volkner and what he's up to. I'll be so excited when all of DP is in volume form so I can read it properly from start to finish. The plot seems to be growing even more, with Jupiter as well. Glad to know the DP chapter is still alive and kicking with more plots going on.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Certain?

Coronis are you holding this out on on purpose!?

if so, that's not right

lolipiece

Staff member
He's Talking about Sird (I assume)

Darkxninga

How did you know that the woman has purple hair? Isn't the comic in black and white colour? Unless.. She's someone who appeared before..

I really wonder how this woman is (no really, i have no clue i dont have the dp books). Maybe Coro knows because maybe shes on the backcover? or someone that was already seen? uhh....
You really think it's Sird? (i forgot about her) It would be a surprise to see her back in the manga. Though I expected her to make a reappearance in the HGSS arc. Maybe it's someone new or.....nvm i dont know xD!

Last edited:

lolipiece

Staff member
I feel like exploding

If this is all rewritten

then there's hope for the HGSS arc!

I really feel that the woman is Sird, she's tall afterall.

Since Team Galactic could invent something to make the bodyguards disappear, then, they could also invent something to turn people into stones (remember the 5 petrified dexholders?)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
"A certain tall purple-haired woman"? I bet it'll be Fantina haha. Just kidding. I really don't know who it could be. Sird is a possible choice I suppose, seeing as how there have been several hints to her connection with the Sinnoh region. However, I'm not sure how I'd feel about her appearing with Team Galactic. It would probably bug me. Anyway, the information looks interesting and I can't wait for more.

1dbad

~The Blizzard Prince
Ok, really brief with some teaers here as I only have a few minutes, but I'm glad to tell you that the magazine version of DP's end is not equivalent to its volume version.
It's exactly what me, JB2448, and a few others were trying to tell you and everyone in the November Plot Discussion -- when it comes to Special it's always best to save your opinions until the volume releases. Especially with a series that changes and adds so much inbetween the volumes and magazines. I'm sure every single arc, the rest of DP, all of Platinum and HGSS, everything, will be a whole lot better in the volumes, and Sird appearing shows just how much better things might be in those arcs. (Kanto Dexholders appearing after all, anyone? 8D)

Can't wait for more info and pics from you soon, Coronis. Man, I'm so excited to see a picture of Sird in her Galatic uniform, I wonder what it'll be like....

Nice information. I wonder about Volkner and what he's up to. I'll be so excited when all of DP is in volume form so I can read it properly from start to finish. The plot seems to be growing even more, with Jupiter as well. Glad to know the DP chapter is still alive and kicking with more plots going on.
I wonder what Volkner is up to as well. And I found it very interesting where he's at (and where he trained Platinum, Candice and Maylene), and I wonder about this distortion that appears in front of him... And I'll be excited for it too. =) I can't wait to see how it'll conclude and what all will happen. Also can't wait for Platinum to finally start up here soon too. And speaking of Jupiter, it's interesting Sird's appearing in front of her too. Especially after how we all wondered if there was some sort of a connection, and with how there were strange hints like Jupiter hating snow and touching the same leg that Lorelei froze on Sird to hint at a connection....All very interesting.

Certain?

Coronis are you holding this out on on purpose!?

if so, that's not right
I wouldn't put it past Coronis. XD He likes to keep us in suspense. Remember that he still has yet to give us pics from the first two BW chapters, and this month's BW and HGSS chapters. (although I think there isn't much else he could give us for this month's BW chapter...) It's also partially because he's so busy too, but still. I think he likes to keep us waiting at times. XD

How did you know that the woman has purple hair? Isn't the comic in black and white colour? Unless.. She's someone who appeared before..
Yes, the comic is in black and white, but Sird was on a backcover that was in color before. And her hair was purple, as you can tell from JB's image. (thanks JB!) So him saying that not only says it's most likely someone we've seen before, but it's most likely Sird. To be honest I thought it was pretty obvious it was her, since it dawned on me right away when he said a "certain purple-haired woman in a Team Galatic uniform."

That's just what I was thinking...if so...*shudders in excitement* this'll get good...
Same here. *shudders in excitement with you* I agree, this will be amazing. DP continues to impress.

But man, I hope Dia, Pearl, Platinum, Cynthia and the Gym Leaders will all be okay. I mean, this is the woman who beat Lorelei easily, petrified the Dexholders into stone, caused Maxie to get murdered and most likely was the reason Archie magically disappeared...They'll probably need all the help they can get just to beat her.

Yes, the comic is in black and white, but Sird was on a backcover that was in color before. And her hair was purple, as you can tell from JB's image. (thanks JB!) So him saying that not only says it's most likely someone we've seen before, but it's most likely Sird. To be honest I thought it was pretty obvious it was her, since it dawned on me right away when he said a "certain purple-haired woman in a Team Galatic uniform."

I went to check for Sird's hair colour before posting that and I found that picture at the PokeSpe website too. However, the colour wasn't really that obvious, it's not that purple enough (I don't know how to phrase it but the purple is very light)

But, I'm almost 100% sure that the woman has got to be Sird :D

lolipiece

Staff member
Oy Coronis

Somethings I like know when you get back

1. Is this the volume that Pu evolves in?

2. Dia get's Moo in this volume too right?

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Maybe we'll finally know who it is trapped in the distortion world that Platinum was sent to rescue in the Platinum arc, that is assuming DP's ending is leading up to it. I hope it does. Maybe Volkner knows something about it. I really want to know what it is he's doing. Jupiter and the possible return of Sird (If this really is Sird) makes the plot thicken as many believed Jupiter was Sird all along.

1dbad

~The Blizzard Prince
I went to check for Sird's hair colour before posting that and I found that picture at the PokeSpe website too. However, the colour wasn't really that obvious, it's not that purple enough (I don't know how to phrase it but the purple is very light)

But, I'm almost 100% sure that the woman has got to be Sird :D
I can understand that. The purple really is light, actually the whole color of Sird is really light. Even in the manga, her hair is very lightly shaded. But according to Yamamoto, the artist, it's intentional though, because he once said in a blurb on the Japanese site that they intentionally gave her very light colors, because they wanted her to seem creepier and more vampire-like, kind of like Dracula. (no joke) I believe he also said Orm was loosely based off of Frankenstein and Carr was based off a wolfman/werewolf. Which kind of makes sense if you think about it. (Carr's kind of the hardest one to see though)

Same here! :D Man, this is just such an epic and dramatic twist. x3 Again, I can't wait to hear more about it and see a pic of her epic reappearance in her new Galatic outfit. I wonder if it'll be a new outfit similar in style to her old one, or similar to one of the other Galatic outfits, like of the female grunts, Jupiter or Mars. I'm kind of hoping it'll be a unique new one, though. :D