• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Volume 37 Headsup

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
At first I thought Cyrus was crying blood

but then I saw this and now I'm convinced it's manscara

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Not only as Juputoru said is every continuity's Cyrus different; but just because he hates "spirit", the combination of all those things, doesn't mean he hates the individual qualities by themselves. He just doesn't like what they make up when they're all combined. :p

Ooh, that's a good point. The only one we know for sure that he hates is emotion.

Heck, I think Special is the only one where he addresses any other aspect.

Dreamingflower

Trying out new games
lol Sird really seems to haunt the dexholders after FRLG she's the one behind Guile hideout and now she haunts in Sinnoh. (not that she's dead) Sird really is the nr 1 enemy for dexholders. Maybe she reappears in the platinum arc that would be possible since we only got lil info about the arc.

So that means he's gay??? I don't think shtraight men would put that in their face. Good thing then for archer then he's not the only gay men in the manga XDD.
I am starting to get the feeling that jupiter and sird could be sisters. They do look a bit like eachother so why not?

Last edited:
Yep, Platinum does seem to be the type who would do something like that. xD And oh okay, thanks for filling me in. Glad I wasn't completely off about all of that, I'll be sure to read it soon. xD And since Diamond and Pearl told Prof Rowan and Platinum's father, her father may very well end up telling her too, and that's how she found out and why she decided to. But that's so sweet that they saved Diamond and Pearl's lives like that. D: How awesome! And makes it even more likely that Platinum would go to any extent to save them to repay them for that.

She really is. XD So I guess I wouldn't mind her appearing again either, granted they don't leave us with as many cliff hangers this time to where she has no choice but to appear again to explain what happened. Her next appearance needs to be an even more dramatic surprise XDDDDD That sounds plausible; Team Galatic's goal is space after all. And one of the main things she did that arc was talk about Deoxys since she found everything out about it. Maybe she joined because she found out Team Rocket planned to capture and use Deoxys, and after they were through she wanted it for herself? Huh, you're right. I thought the same thing, that something looked 'off' about where they were, and rereading the ending of RS it was probably Celebi trapping them somewhere to where they couldn't cause anymore trouble or damages. Huh. That makes me wonder if Celebi trapped Pryce somewhere similar, and maybe Sird somehow got trapped there? Then again, with how freely she appeared and left maybe she has some means to time-travel/teleport or something? And I hope she will reveal that too. But, to be honest, I think it was actually just the Pokeball. Maybe a special one? If you think about it, it would make sense that a Pokeball would 'freeze' things, since it is supposed to try to be able to capture Pokemon and to keep them long enough in the Pokeball to where they're yours. So maybe when she was trying to use the ball, the power of the Pokeball sent energy out into the Earth, and since it hit the Dexholders and what not it petrified them? And maybe since they didn't get into an actual Pokeball or anything, there was no means to undo it? I dunno, just a possible theory/idea I have about what it was.

Oh wow! I actually read all the arcs at once, and I started either near the end of December 2009 or early 2010 somewhere. I found out about the manga, it fascinated me, and then one day I found it and finally read it. On accident I started with R/S, but lucked out that that arc didn't have any prior arc spoilers. Then I went back to RBG, and read every arc in order since then, just skipping R/S since I already read it. The only thing was I was kind of slow about reading it, not because I'm a slow reader but I've been so busy this year and what not, so it took me this many months just to finally get to it. xD But it worked out for the most part since I was able to fully enjoy it and was able to really savor and be able to remember almost every detail. Plus I still have it available for re-reading now too. xD But that makes sense as to why you didn't read it for so long, I probably would have done the same thing. I just lucked out that I finally got Pearl version on my birthday last year, so by the time I found out about the manga and got to it I had already played it plenty and knew everything. So that was yet another thing that worked out for me on this series too. xD But that's really good! That you were able to get 5 volumes and read them within 3 days. That isn't that long at all, I usually can read at least one volume a day and even more if I feel up to it, just get lazy or busy sometimes. xD Plus like you said you were playing the games inbetween also XD so that's why you were a bit slower. And yeah! I think the story is very good and interesting, and they did a lot of cool things with some things from the games. =] I can't wait to read more myself when I get a chance, maybe hopefully later tonight. : P But yeah exactly! :D Waiting about 3 months tops for the ending won't be bad at all, especially compared to how long some other people have had to wait for it. xDD;;; Plus it'll give me time to finish getting caught up. I'm looking forward to it as well, especially with Sird appearing now too. :3 I can't wait to see what all they'll do and how they'll tie it up. x3 And probably. Especially since Platinum seems to be using the same ol' Team Galatic (but with a new leader) and the two important people in the Distortion World are probably some of the missing people from DP. =3

Yep! :D And that's true, that is where Sird made her debut (in the shadows) and we didn't find out 'til later. And yeah! Everything Sird did led to even more things in the latter arcs and not only is she a means of connection between those four arcs, but she's also a tie to connecting three of the arcs together: Kanto, Hoenn and Sinnoh. X3 Sird's just awesome like that. ;D

I still think that there's a higher chance that those 2 in the DW are Diamond and Pearl XD Just my intuition XDD

Hmm.. dramatic surprise? Maybe she could disguise herself and be a good person :D Then, in the end.. *dramatic music* the good person turned out to be Sird XD If you said that Sird has some means to time-travel, then she must have the rainbow and silver wings. I think the pokeball can actually petrified pokemon, somewhat like how that J hunter in the anime steal the pokemon by turning them into stones.

I started reading when I was 8 or 9 years old (I couldn't remember) and now I'm 16. So I've been reading for a long time and I found the comic in a 24hours convenience store, which is kinda weird as to why comics could be found there.. Normally, I sit on my bed and read the comic before I went to sleep, kinda like a bedtime story XD so that I would read until I'm tired and could fall asleep easily. Sird's appearance has certainly made things more interesting :D If I remember correctly from the game, the new leader of Team Galactic is the scientist called Charon or something.

If Sird appeared in HGSS arc (which seemed kinda impossible), it would be so cool! She would be the connection of all four region XD

Last edited:

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I can't wait to see volume 38's cover. I hope it has Dia on it. I wonder what Sird want's in Sinnoh and why she's waited this long to appear...actually I know why they waited this long to have her appear. She'll probably play a role in the Platinum arc she might even be the main baddie if it isn't Pluto. I could see her trying to get Giratina. Speaking of Sird I wonder if what will eventually happen to her? Will the Sinnoh Dexholders finish her off or will she somehow find a way to be connected to Isshu as well. I can just see it in the Platinum arc's ending, Sird reveal's she's really a Team Plasma agent as well. How crazy would that be?

lolipiece

Staff member
Oh, hey look at that

The last page of the book confirms that the Platinum chapter starts next volume

kawaii serebii

PokeSpe Collector

Ah yes, nothing says evil quite like womanly eyelining products XD

1dbad>> Jupiter does appear in Platinum at the Heatran cave. So if DP doesn't say anything about it, maybe Platinum will. And then again, who really knows what Sird is up to anyway. Been following since FRLG to Emerald and I never figured it out x.x

lolipiece

Staff member
Also, I noticed on the back covered of vol. 34(or 33) it showed Mars, Saturn, and Jupiter's (shadowed) teams.

Mars had Zubat, Bronzor, Purugly, and Yanmega (shadowed)

Saturn had Croagunk, Abra, Octillery (shadowed), and Zubat (shadowed)

While Jupiter had her entire team plus a Skuntank (all shadowed)
Saturn and Jupiter have never been seen with these Pokemon before....a hint maybe?

This is just a quick request/question to anyone who has Vol. 37.

Do you guys have a picture of the Author's notes section?
if you don't, what is the picture in that section?

1dbad

~The Blizzard Prince
This is just a quick request/question to anyone who has Vol. 37.

Do you guys have a picture of the Author's notes section?
if you don't, what is the picture in that section?
I'll respond to some other posts here later, but for now thought I'd help you and the others who are wondering out. I'll be even nicer and not only tell you, but even give you the picture as well. So I guess this makes us even now, huh, chamo-chan? ;D :p

The author's note picture has Kusaka and Yamamoto fighting each other in the Hurdle Dash competition from the HGSS Pokéathlon. Both are still their usual Pokeavatars (Electrode and Swalot) and Kusaka (Electrode) appears to be in the lead with Yamamoto (Swalot) constantly crashing and sweatdropping. XDDD He also looks pretty angry about losing and determined to win, while Kusaka (Electrode) seems to be pretty confident he'll win. =D Those silly mangakas, haha. I do love them though. <3

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab52/1dbad/authorsnote.jpg

Last edited:

lolipiece

Staff member
Wah..there's no Latias in the Authors note..

Darkxninga

I'll respond to some other posts here later, but for now thought I'd help you and the others who are wondering out. I'll be even nicer and not only tell you, but even give you the picture as well. So I guess this makes us even now, huh, chamo-chan? ;D :p

The author's note picture has Kusaka and Yamamoto fighting each other in the Hurdle Dash competition from the HGSS Pokéathlon. Both are still their usual Pokeavatars (Electrode and Swalot) and Kusaka (Electrode) appears to be in the lead with Yamamoto (Swalot) constantly crashing and sweatdropping. XDDD He also looks pretty angry about losing and determined to win, while Kusaka (Electrode) seems to be pretty confident he'll win. =D Those silly mangakas, haha. I do love them though. <3

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab52/1dbad/authorsnote.jpg

That picture is so adorable! ^__^ thanks for posting that. There pics for the authors notes are always so random but cute~

Sird

Johto native
I am rushing to do something.

So I will just say this.

I just feel in love in Pokéspecial again. <3

Thanks Coronis & 1dbad!