• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Volume 43 theories?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimchu

Onward!
Well, there's always a chance for another popularity poll. Unless that was a one time deal or something....

Also, to contribute to the thread: about Giovanni's relationship with Silver, I can only see this ending in three ways:

1. Giovanni decides to go solo/go into hiding like he did during the Celebi event in HGSS, abandoning Silver to live his life free from his and Team Rocket's influence.

2. Giovanni reunites with Silver (maybe a few manly tears or a fatherly hug sprinkled in there), and he and his son get a Happily Ever After ending.

3. Giovanni is arrested, but doesn't resist and reassures Silver that it's for the best and that he'll change his ways once he's done his time.

And considering that there's most likely not going to be another GSC remake in the future (which means we won't be seeing Giovanni or the GSC trio anytime soon), I want #2 to happen. No matter how cheesy it could get, I don't care, I want it to happen.

Macromind101

Well, there's always a chance for another popularity poll. Unless that was a one time deal or something....

Also, to contribute to the thread: about Giovanni's relationship with Silver, I can only see this ending in three ways:

1. Giovanni decides to go solo/go into hiding like he did during the Celebi event in HGSS, abandoning Silver to live his life free from his and Team Rocket's influence.

2. Giovanni reunites with Silver (maybe a few manly tears or a fatherly hug sprinkled in there), and he and his son get a Happily Ever After ending.

3. Giovanni is arrested, but doesn't resist and reassures Silver that it's for the best and that he'll change his ways once he's done his time.

And considering that there's most likely not going to be another GSC remake in the future (which means we won't be seeing Giovanni or the GSC trio anytime soon), I want #2 to happen. No matter how cheesy it could get, I don't care, I want it to happen.

Giovanni appeared in the World Tournament in Black and White 2. So that probably means that he'll be the Viridian Gym Leader once again. As for 3, there's not really any "proof" that Giovanni was ever the leader of Team Rocket. You remember in GSC where Erika mentions how Sabrina and Surge used to be part of Team Rocket but they weren't prosecuted or anything because there was no proof, according to the chairman? Erika stated herself that she even tried to have the two arrested but failed because there was no hard evidence to back up that Sabrina and Surge were affiliated with Rocket. It'll probably be the same for Giovanni.

BoxedLunch

I'm hoping they'll show us exactly why Lance, Giovanni and Pryce are together, but I have a bad feeling they won't, as they're really rushing the HG&SS arc. :( Considering Lance and Giovanni's less-than-civil relationship shown in the Yellow saga, it'll be interesting to see if they're amicable with each other now. XD

e9310103838

Giovanni appeared in the World Tournament in Black and White 2. So that probably means that he'll be the Viridian Gym Leader once again. As for 3, there's not really any "proof" that Giovanni was ever the leader of Team Rocket. You remember in GSC where Erika mentions how Sabrina and Surge used to be part of Team Rocket but they weren't prosecuted or anything because there was no proof, according to the chairman? Erika stated herself that she even tried to have the two arrested but failed because there was no hard evidence to back up that Sabrina and Surge were affiliated with Rocket. It'll probably be the same for Giovanni.

No, even if there is no evidence Giovanni is Team Rocket boss,

I do not think Green will give back him the gym leader position.

Take into account Green's identity is a champion in the World Tournament appearances, this is obviously does not meet with SP. ;269;

Macromind101

Okay I have a proposed theory for a possible Sird appearance in Volume 43 (I apologize if I'm annoying anyone with my constant "delusional" rant of a Sird appearance in the short amount of HGSS rounds we have left). Sure, one volume is not enough for the defeat of a villain that probably raised the most questions and left the most cliffhangers in the series (not even one volume, part of it is occupied by BW). But it surely is enough time to just give her one last appearance before the chapter ends where she does something crazy like blow up the place or use her psychic abilities to put everyone around her in a trance and take off with Arceus, thus leaving another cliffhanger like in FRLG (hey, both remake chapters end in cliffhangers!) and have it resolved in somewhere like the PWT in BW2. The reason I really want Sird to at least make a physical appearance in HGSS is because she has to end at SOME point. Her appearance in DP, despite not contributing to the current plot at the time, did clear up some plotholes from the past and it was foreshadowed in a previous chapter. Right now, there are no plotholes that relate to Sird and a future appearance was not foreshadowed. An appearance in BW2 is extremely unlikely, if not impossible, because Sird has no place in the plot. It will be about neo-Team Plasma and Ghetsis's crazy plan to freeze over Unova, which Sird has no place in. Even if Kusaka can somehow conveniently fit Sird somewhere in Generation VI or a future generation, it will still be completely random due to the lack of foreshadowing and honest reasons. Kusaka really should focus on the current event going on in the XY chapter or whatever, he really shouldn't justify Sird's appearance due to not having finished her off earlier. And to top it off, there wasn't even a mention or hint of Sird since Platinum which adds more to how random a future appearance is going to be. At least if one appearance of Sird happens in HGSS (like I said, it just has to be an appearance, it doesn't have to be her defeat) then it would help actually lead to a future appearance. If not even a passing mention of Sird happens in HGSS, then the opportunity of a foreshadowing is over. We saw her run from Riley in DP and we saw a silhouette of her in Platinum but that's it. There are no hints of a future appearance and as the generations and chapters move on, the less reason for her to appear (Team Rocket would be done after HGSS and Galactic was over since Platinum). Since all chapters are based on games, all future chapters will most likely center on the villainous team of that generation the chapter is based on. There are no hints that Sird is related to any team and I think I speak for everyone here that if Sird is connected to another ****ing team, I will scream. Maybe if Kusaka is planning an original chapter (like one that concludes the story of Special or one that ends the events of the current Dexholders since they would be too old to be the same if they appeared in a future generation) then a Sird appearance would be convenient (actually, since Sird has either directly or indirectly affected all Dexholders from the Kanto ones to Sinnoh, that would be very convenient) but other than that I can't imagine a place for her to appear. And like I said so many times, there is no other place to give a mention of Sird to hint at a future appearance than in HGSS.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I don't know about Sird, but Arceus alone would have been enough for a final Dexholder Reunion of the Kanto ones. It's Arceus, I would think it would take everyone to stop this thing. But since that's not the case, I don't know what to expect. I suppose they could wrap up any loose ends with Silver and Giovanni, since this is probably the last time we'll see them for awhile if ever again. Gold and Crystal don't have many loose ends to tie up really. I still don't think HGSS was as good as it could have been but I'll save that for when volume 43 comes out and give it a full review then. Still disappointed by no Ho-oh and Lugia. Yet we get Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina again. Didn't we just watch the Sinnoh Trio deal with these three?

Macromind101

I don't know about Sird, but Arceus alone would have been enough for a final Dexholder Reunion of the Kanto ones. It's Arceus, I would think it would take everyone to stop this thing. But since that's not the case, I don't know what to expect. I suppose they could wrap up any loose ends with Silver and Giovanni, since this is probably the last time we'll see them for awhile if ever again. Gold and Crystal don't have many loose ends to tie up really. I still don't think HGSS was as good as it could have been but I'll save that for when volume 43 comes out and give it a full review then. Still disappointed by no Ho-oh and Lugia. Yet we get Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina again. Didn't we just watch the Sinnoh Trio deal with these three?

Well Pryce and Lance is there so there may still be a possibility for Ho-oh and Lugia since those two formerly controlled them. But remember that Rayquaza never appeared in the Emerald chapter so it wouldn't be the first time a version mascot didn't appear in the corresponding chapter (well if you don't take the Jade Orb on Emerald's forehead as a reference).

Dreamingflower

Trying out new games
Well Pryce and Lance is there so there may still be a possibility for Ho-oh and Lugia since those two formerly controlled them. But remember that Rayquaza never appeared in the Emerald chapter so it wouldn't be the first time a version mascot didn't appear in the corresponding chapter (well if you don't take the Jade Orb on Emerald's forehead as a reference).

I still think the possibility that those two appear are pretty low. The only bad theory I can give is that they randomly appear out of nowhere to give them back up and help them in beating the creation trio, but that's something more fitting for a parody or a horrible written fanfic.

Macromind101

I still think the possibility that those two appear are pretty low. The only bad theory I can give is that they randomly appear out of nowhere to give them back up and help them in beating the creation trio, but that's something more fitting for a parody or a horrible written fanfic.

I think the greatest chances of Ho-oh and Lugia appearing in HGSS are as silhouettes. Though the appearances of Lance and Pryce increases the chances of them appearing more than they were in the magazine runs the way I see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.