• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Volume 53 and PokeSPedia discussion

Ryousha

Unsure if this is okay, but I don't think it devalues anything that has already been said in the thread.

[img139]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/209692541082140673/345785666237497344/canonpanorama.jpeg[/img139]
[img139]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/209692541082140673/345794601514303488/timelinepanoramaoutput.jpg[/img139]

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Thanks for sharing this Ryousha:)
Do they did forget about Whitney and Falkner's father?

Coronis

In lucid awakening
Unsure if this is okay, but I don't think it devalues anything that has already been said in the thread.

[img139]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/209692541082140673/345785666237497344/canonpanorama.jpeg[/img139]
[img139]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/209692541082140673/345794601514303488/timelinepanoramaoutput.jpg[/img139]

This is ok with me. Just want to point out that in the character age chart, I would have preferred it if they wrote Green's age as 10-->11 like they did with the later age changes during the arc, since it initially caused me the confusion that Green is already 11 by the time RGB started, making him even older than Blue. Later age charts reflect that he is actually the youngest among the Kanto 3.

I do wonder what level 00 means though. For Foongy, I thought it would suggest that it is not formally Whitwo's Pokemon but befriended, but they did the same to Golds Mantine and Pichu, who have both fought before and the formal even had a level in volume 15. Even Blue's Bull had its level 00. On the other hand, N who technically 'befriends' Pokemon they way Whitwo does has his Pokemon levels revealed.

Noted one typo where they labeled Koga's Muk as Grimer. Otherwise, typo seems minimal so far. It is worth noting that Hidenori is the credits editor of the SPedia, like how Yamamoto alone was credited for the artbook earlier. This does make me wonder what Yamamoto is busy with regarding this SPedia since all the artwork is essentially old and recycled...

P.s. I didn't get the limited edition of the book. While I appreciate the photo stand featuring Red and Sun, it is actually the cost of the book itself, doubling the price. Seems a bit of a ripoff even to hardcore fans.

Coronis~

Last edited:

Maxim

Beyond repair
It's a shame that they don't reveal any details about boxed Pokemon. I'd like to hear something more about Ririri, like is it an offspring of Jiggly (and Ditty? xD) or not?

As for Level 00, I guess it stands for "level unknown", but on the other hand I don't see the reason to hide the level of Pokemon like Green's Granbull, especially that it had a known level way before. It'd make much more sense to "hide" Yellow's level this way, considering that they're "variable", so I don't know what was Kusaka's intention here...

e9310103838

2) Yellow and GSC seem to take place around Nov as well from the dex holders progressive age

About GSC, due Silver's age, this only can be in January and before March.

And the next year RS happens. (This is about two years, like I assume the BW to B2W2 timeline.)

Thanks for sharing this Ryousha:)
Do they did forget about Whitney and Falkner's father?

They are also not included Anthea and Concordia, and B2W2 classmates. Although the latter may not be necessary. ;162;

It mentioned that International Police bought the microphone design from Blue XD

And I started to worry that Benga (and Yancy/Curtis) would not be in B2W2.

Oh, he is the character who has the official artwork.

Last edited:

Coronis

In lucid awakening
Just a few more interesting notes.

Lacktwo's entire team including Keldeo and Genesect had the serous nature. I don't think Bianca's oshawott had its nature revealed previously, right? This could have shed light on whether they could be the same Pokemon.

The sailor Eldritch (Namiki) is revealed to be the sailor working under Lt Surge in the GSC series.

Chair-Taro is confirmed to be the same person throughout the 14 arcs.

In the descriptions of the Draconids Tomatoma and Renza are said to use Mega Mawile and Mega Sableye. We can probably expect these to be showcased in the revised ORAS versions later.

Todd is officially confirmed to be named Todd (Tooru), as previous publications have always just referred to him as the camera man.

The owner of the Kalos super training dome is called Greg. I don't know if duh a character was in the games?

Blue is the original inventor of the Silph Scope. Silph bought the rights to mass produce from her. Silph is also the company producing the poke gear.

In the map section, where the latest gym leader line up is shown, Pryce is listed as the current mahogany gym leader. In unova, Roxie is the 9th gym leader with the BW 8 still active. No mention of Marlon and Cheren is known not to be a gym leader yet in the arc.

Noted another typo with Diantha's Gardevoir moves. They copied and pasted Stevens metagross

About GSC, due Silver's age, this only can be in January and before March.

And the next year RS happens. (This is about two years, like I assume the BW to B2W2 timeline.)

You are correct.

Some additional things I thought of regarding the timeline. Dia's munchlax was heavily implied to be from the egg produced by the two Snorlax of Red and Emerald, which Gold helped hatch after the HGSS events. Munchlax is also said to be Dia's childhood companion. Since he's 12 in DP, it would make sense to have a few years gap to have it 'grew up' with him. The SPedia's map also gave a deception to Lake of Rage, stating 'in the past there was a Red Gyarados seen, leading comedians to use it as gag reference'. This would support the theory that it was Silvers Gyarados, thus giving at least an 8 year gap between GSC and DP.

Coronis~

Last edited:

Maxim

Beyond repair
The sailor Eldritch (Namiki) is revealed to be the sailor working under Lt Surge in the GSC series.

Oh, this one is interesting, although I'm not sure if I like it. It's not the first such retcon in the history of PokeSpe and I always have mixed feelings about such things.

But as far as I know, Japanese fans have theorized about this before.

How about the SeaGallop driver? He's a different person, right? I mean, Eldritch can't be all Sailors in the series.

The owner of the Kalos super training dome is called Greg. I don't know if duh a character was in the games?

No, he's a fully original character, as far as I'm concerned.

Also, speaking of names, does the PokeSPedia mention the Mirage Island Man? Does it confirm his name as Gemu-jiisan, or was it just unbased theory all along?

By the way, as for Ruby and Sapphire's Pokemon levels, I guess these may get updated when the ORAS Saga gets released in "actual" volumes.

Shame that they didn't make updates on stuff such as Blue's Porygon2 (potentially) evolving. That's wasted potential, but I guess Kusaka didn't want to mess with the manga facts.

Last edited:

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Just a few more interesting notes.

Lacktwo's entire team including Keldeo and Genesect had the serous nature. I don't think Bianca's oshawott had its nature revealed previously, right? This could have shed light on whether they could be the same Pokemon.

The site left it blank, so it's unknown.

Oh, this one is interesting, although I'm not sure if I like it. It's not the first such retcon in the history of PokeSpe and I always have mixed feelings about such things.

But as far as I know, Japanese fans have theorized about this before.

How about the SeaGallop driver? He's a different person, right? I mean, Eldritch can't be all Sailors in the series.

But they share a design and Eldritch recognized Dia's Pokedex, which is something that would only make sense if he was the Sailor in FRLG since I don't remember him ever seeing Crystal's Pokedex.

Zipper4242

Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.
Still, Loner seems more like a description of his character rather than a skill.

Red is great at battling.
Green knows how to train Pokémon.
Blue was taught to know everything about Evolution.
Yellow has healing powers.
Gold is able to bring out the abilities of recently hatched Pokémon.
Silver was taught to know everything about trading.
Crystal is great at capturing Pokémon.
Ruby brings out the charm in his Pokémon. (this one never really made much sense to me, but idk)
Sapphire conquers any obstacle she faces.
Emerald can calm rampaging Pokémon.
Diamond is guided by his emotions.
Pearl is full of willpower.
Platinum is smart and knowledgeable.
Black is always pursuing his dreams.
White is always pursuing her dreams.
Lack-Two is a member of the police, and can arrest anyone.
Whi-Two truly believes in liberating Pokémon.
Y is great at flying and Sky Battles,
Sun has a goal of saving money.
Moon is great at mixing berries for healing ailments.

And X? you don't really get anything just from him being called Loner. Even Sensor would have made more sense. Hell, give him Mega Evolver like what was rumored. Sure, other people can Mega Evolve, but it's not like Blue is the only one who could evolve. Or Silver is the only one who could trade.

Heck, only X was able to Mega evolve his WHOLE TEAM... Sounds like a special ability to me!

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Heck, only X was able to Mega evolve his WHOLE TEAM... Sounds like a special ability to me!

X needed 5 Key Stones to be able to do that. Nothing really indicates that he's the only person who could.

Maxim

Beyond repair
But they share a design and Eldritch recognized Dia's Pokedex, which is something that would only make sense if he was the Sailor in FRLG since I don't remember him ever seeing Crystal's Pokedex.

Yeah, I guess you may be right, but I still wonder if the book states this.

Also, interestingly, those two were treated as different characters in the first Netkun popularity poll. The SeaGallop Sailor was ranked 94th with 12 votes, while the SS Aqua Sailor was ranked 130th (last) with one vote. But I know, this was some twelve years ago.

Also, one interesting thing - the book doesn't show Ursaring among Silver's Pokemon. Is it Giovanni's Pokemon now?
Xerxer, however, is listed with Y.

Last edited:

e9310103838

Yeah, I guess you may be right, but I still wonder if the book states this.

Also, interestingly, those two were treated as different characters in the first Netkun popularity poll. The SeaGallop Sailor was ranked 94th with 12 votes, while the SS Aqua Sailor was ranked 130th (last) with one vote. But I know, this was some twelve years ago.

In Q & A, Kusaka said that they were the same person. ;199;

Maxim

Beyond repair
Meh, so basically all notable Sailors in the manga are Eldritch...

Not sure if I like it, especially that it makes manga Eldritch an amalgam of two different game characters - Eldritch and the SeaGallop Sailor from FRLG (or even three, if we count him as the counterpart of the SS Aqua Captain).
Of course it's not the first time this manga does such things, similar thing happened with Crys (Kris + Lyra) and Cynthia's grandma (the Draco Meteor plot basically made her the counterpart of Grandma Wilma), while other game characters got "split" (Aqua/Magma Admins, Rocket Executives [Carl/Sham and Archer/Ariana]) but such things always annoy me.

Last edited:

Zipper4242

Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.
Chair-Taro is confirmed to be the same person throughout the 14 arcs.

Who is Chair-Taro? Thanks for the amazing information, Coronis!

Maxim

Beyond repair
Who is Chair-Taro?

The recurring announcer for various events (e.g. Vol 1 bike race, Pokemon Contests, Unova League, the recent Melemele Tournament etc.), previously known as "Announcer". In SM saga, his name was revealed as "Chair-taro" (no English translation yet).

SERGIO 23

Got my PokeSpedia copy today. The book is amazing :)

Some pictures.

[img139]https://i.imgbox.com/Zc403jhi.jpg[/img139]
[img139]https://i.imgbox.com/3wGA9F0P.jpg[/img139]
[img139]https://i.imgbox.com/JoKZcIeb.jpg[/img139]
[img139]https://i.imgbox.com/mKVylC33.jpg[/img139]
[img139]https://i.imgbox.com/akwlFEzq.jpg[/img139]
[img139]https://i.imgbox.com/5saa06QW.jpg[/img139]
[img139]https://i.imgbox.com/2gu9OO81.jpg[/img139]
[img139]https://i.imgbox.com/buqPH1Yu.jpg[/img139]

Last edited: