• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Volume 60 Discussion

e9310103838

Oh, there are more new plots added than people expected.

This greatly adds Blaine’s plot. And the Battle Chatelaines also come out finally. (So this is why they postpone this volume release.) :cool:

Blaine sensed the existence of Mewtwo by Green’s Mega Ring, so he went to Kalos to learns Mega Evolution and recatchs Mewtwo again (uses Master Ball).

Last edited:

Lucky3

That's still 7 rounds like the others, right? That's probably not that many pages added then. Or is it longer than previous volumes?

Also do the Chatelines do anything or is it just a cameo?

e9310103838

That's still 7 rounds like the others, right? That's probably not that many pages added then. Or is it longer than previous volumes?

Also do the Chatelines do anything or is it just a cameo?
I don't know, but it seems to have added eight pages and included in Pinsir Glares. And the Chatelines don't do anything but they have several scenes of talking with Blaine.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
I don't know, but it seems to have added eight pages and included in Pinsir Glares. And the Chatelines don't do anything but they have several scenes of talking with Blaine.
Do the Chatelines show any of their Pokemon?

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Finally! Some new content from the volumes!
The Blaine stuff sounds incredible and I'm glad they added it in, as well as debuting the batrle chatelines

Beat!

The Chords of Steel
Is there a preview of Volume 61? There are only 7 chapter left that we know of so if we're only getting new scenes and not new full chapters, it should be advertised as the XY finale.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I can't fully understand what the preview is saying, but it does say the final battle starts.

For what it's worth, they show images up to chapter 38, so that's at least six chapters.

Also, Yamamoto revealed something hidden by Ramos and Wulfric in the previous volume cover.

FCtxVJXVQAE9QBr.jpg

Last edited:

Maxim

Beyond repair
Glad that Chatelaines appeared, pity they feel so shoehorned. Maybe they'll get some more screentime in future volume?

Also, those Gurkinn's successors with Megas (apparently known as "Mega Evolution brothers"?) have names - Peeshu-kun (ペーシュくん) - the Medicham one, Iire-kun (イーレくん) - the Alakazam one, and Oh-kun (オーくん) - the Scizor one. No idea what those names mean but they're not typical Japanese names. Wonder how Viz will localize them.

lolipiece

Staff member
ペーシュ can be romanized as pêche, which is French for peach (among other things).

Given the setting, I can only assume that's intentional and the others are also French words.

Last edited:

Lucky3

In the magazine, the Malamar chapter ended on the Mewtwo reveal. They probably changed that since they already showed Blaine catching it, right? What panel exactly does the volume end?

Obscurites

ペーシュ can be romanized as pêche, which is French for peach (among other things).

Given the setting, I can only assume that's intentional and the others are also French words.
I first thought the other two names are plant names, but actually they aren't.
When I saw Peche's hair resembles Momotaro (the character in Japanese folklore), then, bingo!
イーレ is "île", French for island, from "Urashima Taro".
オー is "or", French for gold, from "Kintaro".
The other two's hairstyles also resemble their folklore depiction as well.

lolipiece

Staff member
I thought of Momotaro for Peche, too, but I brushed it off since I couldn't translate the other names.

Glad to see my hunch wasn't wrong.

Speaking of which, they confirm Blaine is one of Gurkinn's successors. That means, not counting X and Y, we still have eight unknown successors.

Korrina
Diantha
Steven
Green
Blaine
Peche
Ile
Or

I'm just going to assume Red and Blue will be revealed as successors in ORAS.

Last edited:

e9310103838

Just an easter egg. Evelyn said she really wanted to see Blaine and Clair's exhibition match battle that they didn’t compete in public at the time, they battle privately on the tram. ;)

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Did the Battle Chatelaine show any of their Pokemon?

lolipiece

Staff member
Did the Battle Chatelaine show any of their Pokemon?
Again, no.

Also low quality back cover

FDEXhCPaIAA5fwZ.jpg

Out of the characters that haven't appeared on a back cover yet, the only ones important enough would be Diantha, Malva (I think Malva on the cover may be to make up for it), and Lysandre. I doubt they'd put the Champion and main antagonist together, so XY might end in volume 62.

For reference, the mini-volumes had::
The five Team Flare scientists
Professor Sycamore, Sina, and Dexio
Cassius, Emma, and Grace
AZ and Gurkinn
Green
X, Y, Trevor, Tierno, and Shauna

Last edited:

Lucky3

Hmm...Isn't it standard for both the champion and the main antagonist to appear in back covers?