1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Volumes 54 and 55 Discussion

Discussion in 'Pokémon Manga Discussion' started by lolipiece, May 27, 2020.

1. lolipiece

lolipiece All smiles Staff Member Moderator

Tomorrow is the 28th. As such, this thread is being made in preparation for the two upcoming volumes.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As with other volume threads, any volume-related stuff is to be posted here.

Revisions. Corrections. Extra content. Chapter names and subtitles. You know the drill.

Last edited: May 27, 2020
  2. TotallyNotCrt

TotallyNotCrt Well-Known Member

My copy will take two days or more even with the fastest shipping available.
    Hopefully others can help document stuff too.

3. e9310103838

e9310103838 Well-Known Member

Volume 55 contains four XY rounds, and B2W2 has about 120 pages.

They used the title of XY mini-volume instead of "VS".

4. Beat!

Beat! The Chords of Steel

The last two chapters of B2W2 are in Volume 55.
    Chapter 547 is 90 pages long!!!?

5. TotallyNotCrt

TotallyNotCrt Well-Known Member

6. iml908

iml908 Well-Known Member

Epilogue seems to finally confirm Whi-Two gets to keep Gigi, given she is walking with her. It only took almost a decade, but Whi-Two has finally gotten her starter.

7. lolipiece

They're keeping the mini-volume titles? That's weird.

They've been using the usual format since day one. Why change now?

Though the XY titles aren't that drastically different from the usual "VS Pokemon" naming scheme, but what will that mean for ORAS and SM? Those titles are completely different from how Pokespe usually does things.

8. Moni_22

Moni_22 Well-Known Member

It's not very clear, she's also walking with N. I don't think Gigi goes with her, they worked together but it's not like they developped some kind of bond.

I was expecting a little more but it's a good epilogue. Excited to see what new things we'll see in the new volumes.

Edit: What is N holding on his arms? Gigi and Zorua are in the ground, so I don't know what it is

shoz999 likes this.
  9. shoz999

shoz999 The goofiest-looking dog I've ever seen. I LUV IT!

So worth the wait! I have high hopes for SM again.

10. iml908

iml908 Well-Known Member

Now that I think about it, who does own Gigi? At the end of the BW arc she's definitely with White. Then in the B2W2 arc White lends Gigi to Whi-Two so she can find N, but Bulbapedia, for some reason, has her listed as released. Now here in the epilogue Gigi is with Whi-Two and N.

I still say Gigi is now a member of Whi-Two's team. Composition of manga panels matter, and the last panel of this arc has Gigi stand directly next to Whi-Two, not N.

I wonder if this volume features pages that show the character's teams, like what they've done in past volumes. Maybe that would clear things up.

11. lolipiece

White explicitly labels Gigi as N's Pokemon when they reunite at the end of BW and reiterates that when lending her to Whi-Two.

She was with White as a BW Agency actress, not a member of her team.

Spider-Phoenix and Moni_22 like this.
  12. iml908

iml908 Well-Known Member

Gigi was a wild Pokemon when White found her. I know it was originally implied White only rented her from the BW Agency, but she very definitely found her in the wild as revealed later. Sure, Gigi eventually went with N. But N released her. Also, PokeSPedia lists Gigi as a member of White's team, not N's. That is particularly notable because all of N's other Pokemon are listed with him, including the released ones.

Gigi seems as much of a member of Whi-Two's team at this point as Rotom is a member of Diamond's team.

13. BenLee really not taken

BenLee really not taken Captain Obvious

Hehe, Anthea and Concordia appears at the very end with N and Whi-Two, and it doesn't seem like they say even one line. While writing BW2 arc, Kusaka probably forgot they even existed, and probably wouldn't have included them if it wasn't for the early promotional images.

14. lolipiece

The line where White said Gigi wasn't hers was removed in the volumes. She was always White's Pokemon to begin with.

I think it's supposed to be a reference to the N's Pokemon mechanic.

I checked, and White was only listed with her usual six.

15. iml908

iml908 Well-Known Member

Huh, weird. I could have sworn it was listed with her. Guess my mind autofiltered the image of White holding Gigi as acknowledgement of Gigi belonging to White.

16. ellifeedn

ellifeedn Thinker

Any new info relating to the timeline?

17. e9310103838

It looks like volume 56 will include a Pokemon Fan plot (Eevee plot) at least. (According to the next volume trailer.)

By the way, in top page of volume 55, Zoroa is marked with a title, just like Foongus and Lack-two's Pokemon. ;)

Leonhart likes this.
  18. Beat!

Beat! The Chords of Steel

Who is in the backcovers? And were all the remaining attacks used? (I think not)

Leonhart likes this.
  19. BenLee really not taken

BenLee really not taken Captain Obvious

Remaining attacks? Do you mean all new moves introduced in Gen 5?
    Ally Switch, Bolt Strike, Chip Away, CoilEntrainment, Fiery Dance, Foul Play, Hone Claws, Night Daze, Power Split, Quick Guard, Quash, Reflect Type, Searing Shot, Secret Sword, Shell Smash, Synchronoise, and Wide Guard.
    Yeah.....no.

Leonhart likes this.
  20. e9310103838

Lack-two was reinstated. International police chief (who seems to raise Lack-two) intends to negotiate with Colress in order to approach Alola's case? The magician is the Black No. 1? Wow. :eek:

Black decided to go to Trainers' School and Cheren has become a gym leader.

At the end, N and Whi-two were to find Foongus’s original owner, but he said he did not intend to leave Foongus.

And I saw an interesting theory. Colress was actually disguised by Lack-two because the magician said "Do you not greet them?"

Last edited: May 28, 2020
    Leonhart likes this.