• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Vote to Befriend a Pokemon" Discussion

Which Pokemon did you vote for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NoToRiousBrawL

Stones of Baked Clay
Lugia is the best.
ZaK you are always gifted homie ;)

The Arceus Delusion

In Arceus We Trust
Voted Deoxys... AGAIN. Already have a Lugia and Ditto in my collection, so I don't really want another one in my collection. No, I don't care about their DW abilities.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I voted for raichu because it's my very favorite pokemon ^^

Concordia

The Dreamwalker
This might be quite a thick question but (as much as I'd love a Lugia myself) but I'd love someone to explain it's Dream World ability Multiscale as I wouldn't want to cast a pointless vote if I didn't benefit it properly so could someone just pick my brain on his DW ability?

"Reduces damage afflicted to the Pokémon by 50% if at maximum HP"

Does this mean Lugia will attack with 50% less attack than before OR does it mean that attacking pokemon will hit Lugia with 50% less of their attack points?

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
This might be quite a thick question but (as much as I'd love a Lugia myself) but I'd love someone to explain it's Dream World ability Multiscale as I wouldn't want to cast a pointless vote if I didn't benefit it properly so could someone just pick my brain on his DW ability?

Does this mean Lugia will attack with 50% less attack than before OR does it mean that attacking pokemon will hit Lugia with 50% less of their attack points?

It means that if Lugia's HP is full, it will take only half as much damage as usual. Combine this with a recovery move (Lugia gets recover but unfortunately loses roost if it's DW, which is better), and Lugia becomes very difficult to damage and impossible to OHKO. This is an excellant ability for a bulky pokemon, as already proven by Dragonite.

I still say you should vote ditto, although the new area does complicate things.

Competitively, the best things to vote are probably, in dex order

Ditto
Zapdos (Will lose Heatwave)
Suicune (Will lose Sleep talk)
Raikou (Will lose Aura sphere)
Lugia (Will lose Roost)
Ho-oh
Regice (Will lose Counter)

with Bagon (Will lose Outrage and Dragon Dance) and Shroomish (Will lose Bullet Seed) as runners up.

If you don't want to vote any of those, do at least consider these guidelines:
DO NOT VOTE for a pokemon with no Dw ability (unless it's an event legend, if you must)
DO NOT VOTE for an already released pokemon, even if it's only released as male.
DO NOT VOTE for an evolved pokemon. If you vote for Lucario, you miss out on Prankster Riolu.
DO NOT VOTE for a pokemon that needs an egg or tutor move to be useful (shroomish)
DO NOT VOTE under the assumption the pokemon will be breedable, unless it's female only.
FOR THE LOVE OF ARCEUS DO NOT VOTE PIKACHU (already released as female and evolved).

Last edited:

drothagreat0ne

The second part.

Should TPC have chosen to release Ditto on their own, there is no reason it could not have been in Pleasant Forest or Spooky Manor.

It doesn't necessarily fit those locations. They keep releasing new ones, so it's very likely one of them will have Ditto. I'm guessing they will make Ditto available in some sort of laboratory area that also has Pokemon like Porygon, Castform, Voltorb, Magnemite, Beldum, Bronzor, and Rotom. Just because a Pokemon could possibly be found in a forest or a mansion, it doesn't mean they're going to put it there. By that logic, they would have made pretty much every single grass-type available in the forest, and every flying-type available in the sky. They always come up with new areas, so you never know. I think it's less likely that legendary Pokemon will be released. That's why I voted for Lugia.

Concordia

The Dreamwalker
It means that if Lugia's HP is full, it will take only half as much damage as usual. Combine this with a recovery move (Lugia gets recover but unfortunately loses roost if it's DW, which is better), and Lugia becomes very difficult to damage and impossible to OHKO. This is an excellant ability for a bulky pokemon, as already proven by Dragonite.

I still say you should vote ditto, although the new area does complicate things.

Ah thank you very much for taking the time to explain; are there any hints as to what Ditto's dream world move will be? At the moment it's a toss up between voting Ditto/Lugia now.

Roronoa Zoro

Cracks begin to show
Ah thank you very much for taking the time to explain; are there any hints as to what Ditto's dream world move will be? At the moment it's a toss up between voting Ditto/Lugia now.

Ditto only learns transform. I assume that will be the case for DW as well, since that's basically it's gimmick, but the move doesn't really matter anyways.

Zak Attack XIII

Ace Trainer
I can see how ditto would seem like a good pick, BUT I have a VERY BIG feeling we will see Ditto released someday. I mean If you look at what they have already done with the DW you can planly see that they have not EVER released a legendary anyway except through EVENTS! As for Genderless Pokes with DW abilitys (like Ditto) they release a few every time they put out a new area... you wouldn't want to waste your Vote on Ditto only for him to show up a few months after the poll US would get the short end of the stick in that case and are Poll would have been useless!

I think are best bet is to vote for Lugia and just hold out for Ditto... he will show up in the DW one day, I'm sure of it. = )

If you agree put "Vote for Lugia" in your sig friends!! = )

Last edited:

Livinitup17

Looking for trades
Ditto should not be voted for! Ditto could end up being released in a new location soon. Legendaries with DW abilities is what we should vote for.

this guy knows what he's talking about
I voted for lugia but if ho-oh wins i'm ok with that
As for dw ditto theres some counter i can think of to overcome it people trying to convince people ditto is the right choice make it seem ditto has no weakness when in fact it does

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
this guy knows what he's talking about
I voted for lugia but if ho-oh wins i'm ok with that
As for dw ditto theres some counter i can think of to overcome it people trying to convince people ditto is the right choice make it seem ditto has no weakness when in fact it does
Ho-oh is great too. i chose lugia because i knew as long as lugia is in there he would have most of the vote and i like him a little better.:3

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!

Ditto will not get a DW move, and if it did it would be irrelevant, as it would never get a chance to use it.

Ditto isn't invincible, of course there are counters. This is true of everything though.

Concordia

The Dreamwalker
Ditto will not get a DW move, and if it did it would be irrelevant, as it would never get a chance to use it.

Ditto isn't invincible, of course there are counters. This is true of everything though.

I don't think most dittos have been out of daycare, mine certainly has never seen the light of battle since caught 2 years ago so you have a good point. Are people voting for ditto so it becomes more readily availible for breeding purposes?

Roronoa Zoro

Cracks begin to show
I don't think most dittos have been out of daycare, mine certainly has never seen the light of battle since caught 2 years ago so you have a good point. Are people voting for ditto so it becomes more readily availible for breeding purposes?

No. With its ability, it will be a contender for OU probably. Its ability allows it to transform without having to use the move transform. It would make a great revenge killer.

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!

You are confusing DW moves with DW abilities. :)

Ditto's DW ability makes any DW move it would gain irrelevant, as it causes it to automatically transform before it could use it (not that a ditto in ditto form could do any damage anyway).

Kalosian

So long
I voted for Lugia. The choice stood between it and Ho-oh as they both have excellent abilities. Other candidates were Riolu and Shroomish, but I would rather see a legendary win. As for Ditto, I do honestly not give a digit about it and its ability.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I voted for Arceus, they are hard to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.