• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Vote to Befriend a Pokemon: Which Pokemon did YOU choose?

Which Generation is your chosen Pokemon from?

• Generation 1/Kanto

Votes: 204 39.4%
  • Generation 2/Johto

Votes: 102 19.7%
  • Generation 3/Hoenn

Votes: 119 23.0%
  • Generation 4/Sinnoh

Votes: 93 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TVGuru

The Nightmare Begins
why is ditto so important any way? his ability is like transform, only you dont need to waste a turn to use it. so what, why is that so special? am i missing something? Ditto sucks any way (in my opinion, but let the hating commence). O well, people are suppose to vote for the pokemon they like, so maybe people just like ditto

Thats very valuable to metagamers. One less turn to enact a strategy. It also makes it easier to train since only the HP needs to be trained. The rest of the stats copy the opponent's, which are usually high because of ev trainers and ivs.

Everyone has a different purpose.

why is ditto so important any way? his ability is like transform, only you dont need to waste a turn to use it. so what, why is that so special? am i missing something? Ditto sucks any way (in my opinion, but let the hating commence). O well, people are suppose to vote for the pokemon they like, so maybe people just like ditto

Simple:

Your opponent's Salamence Dragon danced 6 times and you have nothing that can outspeed or kill it. Ditto comes in after something dies, copies the pokemon and its boosts+ability and with a choice scarf becomes the best revenge killer ever. He also checks boosting.

Ballistic Buizel

caught shiny lati@s
Simple:

Your opponent's Salamence Dragon danced 6 times and you have nothing that can outspeed or kill it. Ditto comes in after something dies, copies the pokemon and its boosts+ability and with a choice scarf becomes the best revenge killer ever. He also checks boosting.

Aha. I get why people are voting ditto now. Thanks :)

dewey911p

primus inter pares
Simple:

fair enough, makes sense now, but i still would prefer a female starter like Snivy or something (why is it only gen 1-4 any way? and why are there no gen 5 pokemon out on the DW?)

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
It's literally impossible for them to release them.

And whatever we get will likely be male.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
fair enough, makes sense now, but i still would prefer a female starter like Snivy or something (why is it only gen 1-4 any way? and why are there no gen 5 pokemon out on the DW?)

There are no overworld sprites for the 5th Gen Pokemon so you can't encounter them in that forest place that you catch them and hence you can't really get them over dream world.

Did any one who voted ditto even consider that they might give it with the dw ability!?

Uhhhhh, I'm pretty sure that's why they're voting for Ditto. Because of it's DW ability.

Lindis

Unfortenely its a big chance the pokémon will be male only, so thats why I prefer a genderless pokémon to win.

ishni18

~*Shiny Hunter*~
"Transform changes the user's current type, current stats, current stat levels, current moves, current species, current cry, and current catch rate to that of the target's."

Question . . or several:

Won't Ditto need to be EV trained and have the appropriate nature for competitive play? Using DemonPikachu's example, if the Ditto were Impish and transformed itself into a Salamence of Adamant nature, will it hit Salamence hard enough and fast enough even with the copied stat changes, seeing as Transform doesn't allow it to copy the Pokemon nature? The nature itself plays a role in boosting stats and EV training is to enhance those stats ideally.

If the other player switches their pokemon, will DW Ditto automatically transform again to the new pokemon on gameplay? If the nature isn't copied, how do you know that Ditto will be effective in this scenario as well?

If you're gearing Ditto to battle a particular pokemon say (i.e. using Salamence again), how can you be sure that that Pokemon will appear on the opposing team? It may be OU, but not everyone will use it, and you don't know what the opposing team will have until you confirm the battle via wi-fi connection.

Is it really true that Ditto's DW ability can't be passed on via breeding? If so, people searching for the right nature will have a hard time hunting for the right Ditto in DW, just a minor issue.

Last edited:

dewey911p

primus inter pares
There are no overworld sprites for the 5th Gen Pokemon so you can't encounter them in that forest place that you catch them and hence you can't really get them over dream world.

whoa whoa whoa, wait a minute. So Game Freak and Nintendo designed the DW and the game, but didnt account for the fact that there were 156 new pokemon?? so this means that no Unova pokemon will ever be given out over the DW right? well that sucks b/c i doubt Nintendo will do 156 events so we can get all of the DW abilities from Unova :/ Does anyone know if nintendo has any plans to fix this issue or are they just gonna let it ride and withold the abilities?

VictiniKing

King of W.I.S.H.
I voted for Ralts, but I doubt that'll be picked.

Simipour

<('.'<) (>'.')>
I voted for Mew, yay Mew. Somehow i already have an arceus from an event, can't remember which one. I usually tend not to have rare pokemon as i don't know of many events/no wifi atm. But hopefully i will get wifi soon and a mew :). Mew is awesome, my second choice would be deoxys. Though it looks like arceus or ditto will win.

Ballistic Buizel

caught shiny lati@s
I voted for Mew, yay Mew. Somehow i already have an arceus from an event, can't remember which one. I usually tend not to have rare pokemon as i don't know of many events/no wifi atm. But hopefully i will get wifi soon and a mew :). Mew is awesome, my second choice would be deoxys. Though it looks like arceus or ditto will win.

Ugh. Let's hope arceus loses. He's ugly :p Even ditto would be better. I think lugia has a chance too.