• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Vote to Befriend a Pokemon: Which Pokemon did YOU choose?

Which Generation is your chosen Pokemon from?

• Generation 1/Kanto

Votes: 204 39.4%
  • Generation 2/Johto

Votes: 102 19.7%
  • Generation 3/Hoenn

Votes: 119 23.0%
  • Generation 4/Sinnoh

Votes: 93 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

xsedr

The Moral Aethiest
But I don't even believe in Arceus .... Whatever, at least now I can add a decent Arceus to my Ubers team as I got my other one when I didn't ev train/go for good IVs. This is still frustrating, this is a complete waste of a potential Dream World Ability Legendary like Lugia or Ho-Oh. Hell, even Deoxys would have been nice for a lead for my OU team (don't have a good one). Goodbye for now Imposter Ditto, the children weren't ready for you even if the metagame was begging for your arrival.

*edit* Well spoken Killer Flygon, I can't stand this whole "legitimate voting" high horse. IT'S A VIDEO GAME, and we just used an option that was easily available and required a quick burst of intellect to uncover, we didn't even win anyway. Cheating is a matter of perspective anyway, what you see as cheating we see as doing things faster and easier, and if it yields the same result as other methods then who cares?

Last edited:

PokeTimmy

Collector
But it's far more easier to simply clone it than go through whatever you had planned on doing.

Yes, it certainly would be easier, but with my method I get 17 completely unique Arceus. It is more time-intensive, but worth it in my mind to have 17 "legit" Arceus (Arceuses? Arcei?).

Plus I don't like cloning, and believe it to be a form of cheating (let's not start that argument, though). I tried cloning once, and really just felt at-odds with the resulting pokemon - like it was a hollow acquisition.

Slushy456

Oh yay :D An Arceus, I would have preferred a Mudkip though, that would have been nice...

Halkel

Experimentalist
This arceus is obviously fail compared to the one we obtained at another event with Shadow Sneak, Roar of Time, Spacial Rend and Judgement. Either way, Arceus is gonna be forever doomed in my Entree forest forever because I don't need him. I suppose the bonus is he's not gonna be seen so often on WiFi. Still a waste of vote if you ask me, I voted Torchic because of its ability. What's wrong with having a pokemon that's got a hidden ability? =/

Last edited:

Killer_Flygon

Yes, it certainly would be easier, but with my method I get 17 completely unique Arceus. It is more time-intensive, but worth it in my mind to have 17 "legit" Arceus (Arceuses? Arcei?).
Plural for Arceus is Arceus, a group of Arceus is called a Legion (not really but it sounds awesome). Same goes for all Pokemon name.

BTW, do you have to ask the management of DW to delete the registered game info every time you start a new file?

Plus I don't like cloning, and believe it to be a form of cheating (let's not start that argument, though). I tried cloning once, and really just felt at-odds with the resulting pokemon - like it was a hollow acquisition.
No worries. I respect your opinion on the subject, if you don't like cloning you don't like cloning it's as simply as that. When the time comes I bet you good luck on your Arceus run.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
The above poster is strongly insinuating that Game Freak cares about the competitive community.

Nobody proved anything to you - it does however prove that your kind take things way too seriously and should consider turning off the DS for good.

By the way, tissues are on sale at the local Walmart; you may need them.

Ooop, Yaaas!!! Werkkk! *finger snaps*

Arsène

This arceus is obviously fail compared to the one we obtained at another event with Shadow Sneak Force, Roar of Time, Spacial Rend and Judgement. Either way, Arceus is gonna be forever doomed in my Entree forest forever because I don't need him. I suppose the bonus is he's not gonna be seen so often on WiFi. Still a waste of vote if you ask me, I voted Torchic because of its ability. What's wrong with having a pokemon that's got a hidden ability? =/

Fixed.

Anyway, I don't see how this is "obviously fail" when the only viable special move of those three was Shadow Force, and even that was easy to predict around. Spacial Rend is nearly useless in comparison to Ice Beam, which gets the job done in Ubers far better than the former can, while hitting many other types for SE damage. Roar of Time...yeah I need not say more on this matter.

Pomegranate

Fruit of Prosperity
Maybe they simply discounted the last week of voting? It would be impossible for Arceus to get that many votes without scripts, and with scripts about everywhere, it would be pretty much impossible to separate legitimate votes from others.

The script that voted for Ditto, and by extension the one for Mudkip, wasn't complex at all. I don't think it had any IP masking at all tbh, so they could get rid of all votes from the same IP.

PokeTimmy

Collector
BTW, do you have to ask the management of DW to delete the registered game info every time you start a new file?

The last time I restarted my game, I just played through to the first gym and get a new Code for my GameSync - then you just create a new account on the Pokemon GL, sync up your game, and you're good-to-go. Hopefully it will work in February.

No worries. I respect your opinion on the subject, if you don't like cloning you don't like cloning it's as simply as that. When the time comes I bet you good luck on your Arceus run.

Thank you!

Halkel

Experimentalist
Fixed.

Anyway, I don't see how this is "obviously fail" when the only viable special move of those three was Shadow Force, and even that was easy to predict around. Spacial Rend is nearly useless in comparison to Ice Beam, which gets the job done in Ubers far better than the former can, while hitting many other types for SE damage. Roar of Time...yeah I need not say more on this matter.
Whoops, thanks for the fix. I keep mixing the two.

Anyways I understand what you mean. I just don't want to put effort into their team and use legendaries. It's still a waste of a DW Vote since the winning pokemon would get its Hidden Ability. I wouldn't even mind if it was 100% male as long as it's special. I use the Deepest clearing for those.

silicon

Swordsman
Everyone is "disappointed" for getting a Pokemon god other than a pink heap of silly putty.
The ultimate troll Nintendo can do now is release Ditto in the next DW location. I can't exactly imagine a type of location one would find a ditto. Field has been done, maybe a laboratory or factory?

Personally I'm satisfied. I would have been satisfied with any event legendary or hidden ability legendary. Had Ditto won, I feel it would have been a waste of an event - especially when Ditto gets released into a regular DW area (and it will).

There is no "field" area in the DW, so that's still a possibility for a new area that can be released and house Ditto, or it could be added in to the forest, or possibly some other sort of area. Where and when it gets added I don't know, but I'm positive it will be added at some point. I feel the idea that it won't be added was fear-mongering to try and get supporters to vote for Ditto.

Pomegranate

Fruit of Prosperity
There are those who voted using incognito, so I stand by what I said.

Just so you know, you're wrong. I explained how it took 5 minutes to set up the script. I'll re-quote it for you, and note that this is coming from someone who actually did it themselves so I know what I'm talking about and am not just speculating as you are, since you very obviously don't know how the spamming worked.

Isn't this the second time you said this? Are you just ignoring the people who have told you that it took people literally a few seconds to do it? I voted 2 million times for Ditto. You know what I did? I googled for the script which took maybe 5 min, downloaded it, and then spent 5 seconds opening it.

I will add that before I got the script, I spammed by turning off cookies and refreshing the url that sends the vote through to the server so I could still vote very, very easily. Probably about 100 votes a minute? I didn't do that much though because I found the script very shortly after that.

coolminun

Banned
I hate that it's arceus. This is exactly the poke we needed. An uber that we can't ev train with ni DW ability. It's decisions like these that make me wish I had cheated

I only voted for Mudkip in hopes that it would help prove that Gen III is still relevant (if that's the reason why we're not getting the RS arc, that is).
For crying out loud! Voting for Mudkip because on wants R/S remakes?!

*edit* Well spoken Killer Flygon, I can't stand this whole "legitimate voting" high horse. IT'S A VIDEO GAME, and we just used an option that was easily available and required a quick burst of intellect to uncover, we didn't even win anyway. Cheating is a matter of perspective anyway, what you see as cheating we see as doing things faster and easier, and if it yields the same result as other methods then who cares?
So "the ends justify the means"? That doesn't sound like a fitting perspective for "The Moral Aethiest."

All I can say about the results is that I'm just glad Mudkip didn't win.

halloweenghost

wow you people B and M ing about arceus winning, get over it. Not everyone plays pokemon like you, where they see an ability as something important, and this whole.. oh wow arceus won....they most have scripted it.... stupid trolls... it is a fan poll. get over it.. he won legit!

flygonabsol99

I ... get an arceus I guess.Not the best thing I couldv'e got, but certainly not the worst either (I'm looking at you, Delibird.)I will probably trade mine to smeone who couldn't get one, seing as I have 2 of the special one already. It's not Deoxys, so I'm gonna have to keep playing Guardian signs.

halodeoxys

wanna see me run to that mountain and back
Okay I know Smogon been known to be a bit ban happy, but I seriously doubt that would ban DW Ditto. DW Ditto is a huge and easily handled gimmick at best.
If Shedinja magically gained an immunity to Stealth Rock and gained Shell Smash along with Spore, it would still be a fairly easily handled gimmick, but with enough potential to be banned.
It's only as powerful as the Pokémon it copies. It may usually be faster, but it'll be locked into one move.
That is why you should never switch Ditto into a sweeper. Sense?

There is no "field" area in the DW, so that's still a possibility for a new area that can be released and house Ditto, or it could be added in to the forest, or possibly some other sort of area. Where and when it gets added I don't know, but I'm positive it will be added at some point. I feel the idea that it won't be added was fear-mongering to try and get supporters to vote for Ditto.
Pleasant Forest is pretty much a field place. Sorry if I wasn't clear there.